Sign in to follow this  
SirNadroj

Fulton's Revenge (Steampunk Ship)

Phew, ok, finally done. Thanks to everyone who offered feedback in the WIP stages, it really helped! This is a pretty huge MOC for me, since I building on small scales usually; hopefully you find it to be in my "top" MOC echelon.

From flickr: "Fulton's Revenge is a steam-powered, schooner-shaped paddleboat. With over a three-month build-time, this ship features both a sculpted hull and a paneled hull, which makes it unqiue as far as construction goes. A working paddlewheel, steam-stack covered wheel house, two crane masts and a chrome lightning-rod figurehead are among the many details adorning the vessel. She will be on display at BrickFair 2009 at the end of August."

1-166.jpg

2-152.jpg

6-70.jpg

All pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sirnadroj/ Thanks!

Ah... so that's where that panneled hull went! Great MOC, Jordan! It really looks quite realistic for a ship, but I thought steampunk ships had balloons? Oh well, i'll find out in 2300! :grin: Great job, excellent hull!

The hull is wonderful, I love the curved surface!! Well done rigging! The cabin looks nice, too!

Great work! Congratulations!! :pir-classic:

Nice work Jordan!

I love how it turned out, it looks like it comes straight out of a steampunk movie. :classic:

The Masts, rigging, paddle wheel, smoke stacks and small details are my absolute favourite about this, truly creative and outstanding! :thumbup:

Though the hull might not be perfect, she's not bad for a first.

The bow might be a bit pointy, but it suits this type of ship...she must be fast. :laugh:

I know how hard it is to make hulls, even trying one is an achievement.

I have to say that i don't really like the 2 directions of studs on it, it looks a bit weird around the edges, like some wood was just slapped on the side, not perfectly fitting the lower curve.

This ship features both a sculpted hull and a paneled hull, which makes it unqiue as far as construction goes.

I have to disagree with you on that, as Teddy is building his HMS Victory hull in the exact same way.

Very, very nice ship there SirNadroj. I especially love the stern on the ship, very cleverly constructed. The bubble windows looks very good as well. The entire general construction is overall fantastic. I really enjoy the more mild steampunk style you've used.

To the Brickmobile! :devil:

This is soooooo cool. Can't even tell its built with Lego bricks until the photo with the paddle wheel. The hull looks really good. Well executed. Like Mr Lupin said ... it is lacking in the punk department.

It looks great, although I think it's lacking a bit on the punk part.

:thumbup:

I agree, maybe it could use some wings?

Jeez :oh::wub:

Dude your mind has to be worth millions! Incredible MOC, after looking at it for hours and hours I still am amazed by its geniousity. By far my favourite creation from you, together with that gangsta shoutout!

Very nice. I like the paddle wheel in the back rather than side paddles. :thumbup: on the decorations, sometimes steampunk mocs overdo the steampunk. Once again, great job.