Sign in to follow this  
shineyfish

Dead trains

right ive decided ide finally ask if anyone has had the same problem

i set up my train i connect everything and then plug it into the wall and turn the power on then i go to the dial thing and turn it on 1,2,3!

and have absolutely nothing happen!!!!

even more confusing is that i have 2 train sets 4563 and 4459 and after mixing all the different parts from each set to hopefully get one train to move, still nothing?

and is this the right forum to post this?

Yeah! I had the same kind of problem as I rebuild my 725 train. The problem was that some of the power rails had been bent in the ends thus no connection. Also the wire leading the power from the power supply to the rails had to be replaced by a new one.

I hope this might help - tho your problem is with the newer rail system - I suggest checking everything once more and if that doesn't work start replacing the different power parts with new parts from for example bricklink.com

KimT

Sounds like an electrical issue (transformer or wiring connection). I would connect your wiring to just 2-3 straight rails and then check one of your motors. It sounds like you have two trains- although 4459 does not come up as a valid set number? so I'm not sure which train you're talking about (if it has a motor or not). If you only have one motor; however, you might consider purchasing another.

You can also test track power by lightly wetting both your fingers and touching both sides of the track at the same time. You'll feel if the electricity is flowing.

4563 is a great set. I don't have this one but looks like a classic!

Let me know if you resolve your problem. Good luck.

Thanks for trying to help everybody

anyway i found out what the problem was.

the thingy (real descriptive here) that connects the track to the power box had a loose connection.

and the same issue counted for both of the pieces i own

oh well i guess i have to order some new ones off shop at home

oh and the other set is 4559 not 4459 i have no idea how i got that wrong