Faramir

Endor Rebel Helmets

gallery_101_23_908.jpg

I'm not usually one to complain (Heck, I'm not usually one to post, either :tongue: ) but is anyone else experiencing a problem with the Rebel helmets in 8038? For some strange reason, they seem to sit a bit too tight on minifig heads... Too tight as in I'll put one on a minifig, and then watch closely only to find it quickly squeezing itself up higher on the head stud, ending up much looser than we've come to accept :sceptic:

Like I said, I'm not usually one to complain, but I've been waiting for TLC to make that helmet for a long time, and I'd hate to think that they're all like mine. So I ask again, is this just happening to me?

Thanks

I'm sorry to hear about your problem with the helmets. I might get Endor Battle tomorrow on Tuesday (yay! :laugh:), so I'll post another reply to this thread if/when I get the set and tell you if the helmets are like yours. (never mind, my LEGO Store didn't have the set)

If this happens to all helmets, it's probably because it's made in China. Believe me, items made in China tend to be lower quality and cheaper to produce, so that is why printed items (like Mola Ram's helmet, the Endor rebel helmets, the new Ewoks, cows) are made there. Of course, I'm not saying China is a bad country. I'm Chinese. :wink:

If this doesn't happen to all helmets, you can always get a replacement at LEGO's customer service section. :classic:

EDIT: fixed a broken emoticon...

EDIT: fixed a mistake...

Edited by ILikePi

I just ordered this set and really hope that this isn't a recurring problem. However, I have read other reviews that have pointed out this same problem. If you aren't against glueing your figures, I would suggest glueing the helmet to the head.

Ive got this problem also. They just seem to come off really easily just the the stormtrooper battle packs stormtrooper helmets. I dont think they are on too tight and just pop off, they just seem to sit there and not click on to the minifig's head.

Also on another note, does the helmet on the bearded troopers head finish too early revealing some skin that should not be seen?

I have encountered this problem and was annoyed.

When I push the helmet down firmly and then leave it, it slowly slides up to be too loose to hold it by the head.

The helmet doesn't properly attach or something.

I think this is probably a problem with most and I hope in the future if they do an Endor Battle Pack that they fix it.

I have same problem. They just don't sit on head, and bounce off. Luckily my other helmet is fine.

Oh.

So not all helmets have the problem.

Both of mine didn't fit properly so I thought it would be a problem for all.

Is there any differences between the one that fits and the one that doesn't?

I have some loose helmets, not the endor ones though (well I don't have the set, yet). My General Veers/AT-AT Driver had a loose helmet. I wrapped a thin coil of blue tack around the stud of the minifigs head and then put the helmet on which seemed to stop the looseness.

I haven't looked too deep into newer headgear for a while, but I think the shape of the hole for the stud seems kind of new and strange on the Endor rebel helmet. Slightly eight sided rather that round.

Maybe LEGO are trying some new methods to produce awsome helmets like this and went a little too far with the changes for the connection part on this helmet. I know that headgear dont always ave a perfect circle inside, but this shape was new to me.

Have you find other examples similar to this one?

I haven't looked too deep into newer headgear for a while, but I think the shape of the hole for the stud seems kind of new and strange on the Endor rebel helmet. Slightly eight sided rather that round.

Maybe LEGO are trying some new methods to produce awsome helmets like this and went a little too far with the changes for the connection part on this helmet. I know that headgear dont always ave a perfect circle inside, but this shape was new to me.

Have you find other examples similar to this one?

Head gear pieces are always "eight-sided" and not round, on the inner diameter that fits over the stud on the minifigure head.

To me it sounds like the head pieces fit too tight over the stud, making them pop up again, when forced down. A lose fit would not make anything pop up again, but would only make the head gear lose and too easy to take of the head (or fall off when minifigure is turned up side down).

Front

Edited by Front

To me it sounds like the head pieces fit too tight over the stud, making them pop up again, when forced down. A lose fit would not make anything pop up again, but would only make the head gear lose and to easy to take of the head (or fall off when minifigure is turned up side down).

A problem we do not have with the Nute Gunray hat, which fits perfectly and looks great! :wink:

I only wish it came in other colours. I wish everything came in other colours though, it's just the way I am, it makes me incredibly happy.

A problem we do not have with the Nute Gunray hat, which fits perfectly and looks great! :wink:

I only wish it came in other colours. I wish everything came in other colours though, it's just the way I am, it makes me incredibly happy.

Yes, the fit on that one is fine, a thing we try and make as good as possible, especially when the head gear is very tall, like Nute's.

Nute's hat was made in red prototypes :-) Several colours are nice, but don't expect a hat like that to come in different colours, it's probably to be used in SW only.

I just tried several Rebel Helmets on a head, they seem tight, but I could not get any to pop up again, or creep slowly upwards. But you guys don't seem to be that fortunate, having helmets that don't fit perfect.

Front

Nute's hat was made in red prototypes :-)

That could become as popular as the red Vader helmet! Where are these prototypes? :devil:

This is very interesting, I may wait a few months to get this set to see if they might fix the problem.

Sounds like we kind of established that some of the Endor Rebel helmet fits fine while others don't. For what it is worth, mine fit fine and don't have the "slide up" problem.

Oh, great. Now I am not going to buy the set for sure. (But I'll accept it as a gift :tongue: )

Exactly how could we use those other color variations in a MOC, as this is the proper color for the SW universe?
Nute's hat was made in red prototypes.
I want one. :grin:
Where are these prototypes? :devil:
I would surely like to know.

i had the same problem.

my solution was that i glued the helmets to the heads.

WHAT!! You're joking right?

I have some loose helmets, not the endor ones though (well I don't have the set, yet). My General Veers/AT-AT Driver had a loose helmet.

I have those also :sceptic: but in the AT-ST set this happened twice. The third helmet fits fine.

Front: Nute's hat was made in red prototypes.

I want one.

Millacol88: Where are these prototypes?

I would surely like to know.

They are on my desk. But I will recycle them, and only keep one at work if the designers need one for a future look back at history.

Sorry, but that's how it is.

Luckily, this problem did not occur with my set. The helmets are fine and are staying down perfectly.