Legomister

Lego catalog 2006

Yeah, there was a 1:10 scale version before, but this one's bigger and more detailed and accurate.

Tks Crispen for the Link ;)

let me quote myself talking about the tank on page 2:

Lets just hope it will not ressemble the Dino tank version  *wacko*

Arghhhhhh, I hate to be right !!!! >:(

The Robot spider thingy looks awsome :oD !!!!! Look how many robot MFs are incorporated into the set itself !!!! Its purely awsome !!!!!

The base looks like real crap !!!! Its a huge door with two towers *wacko* Need to see some more detailes pics !!! the bullet hole stickers on the gate look great trhough !!!!!

However the black Robot mech looks amazing, and the blue human one looks nice !!!!!!!! Its good for lots of orange parts.

*yoda*

Thanks for the pics, Crispen

The tank is very streamlined, with very few studs on top, which is nice :oD

the spider thing is also very cool and, it looks extremely big!!

unlike you, yoda, do i really like the sentai headquarter

Have you noticed the small grey spider robot which comes with the sentai headquarter?

Crikey. I love Lego, even Belleville and Bionicle, but this Exo Force is junkola! Big empty looking sets, wierd shapes, stickers, BLECH!! And not cheap, either!

Exo Force seems to be THE big theme for 2006. I hope this doesn't become a disaster for TLC.

Crikey. I love Lego, even Belleville and Bionicle, but this Exo Force is junkola! Big empty looking sets, wierd shapes, stickers, BLECH!! And not cheap, either!

Exo Force seems to be THE big theme for 2006. I hope this doesn't become a disaster for TLC.

how dare you talk about EF that way! :( *viki*

I actually really like the look of the tank. The spider thingie is awesome. I like the fortress doors, but the rest looks pretty lame, IMO.

unlike you, yoda, do i really like the sentai headquarter

Have you noticed the small grey spider robot which comes with the sentai headquarter?

I think that the headquarters has great mechas, great figs (including the small flying puny human, the droid spider thingy, robots on feet and armed), and good parts like the side moving guns ...

Its just as an overlook, it doesn't really ressemble a real base ;) It has a huge door and two main towers and a huge "vent" on the rear ?? *wacko*

Wow! These sets are much better than I was expecting!

The Striking Venom is huge and just incredible, and the Tank looks really awesome! I think if i get one Exo-force set, it'll be that Tank.

I also really like the Sentai Base, but I think it's too big for me to get. The gate looks nice and the lookout tower with guns looks good as well. I like the Spider-droid, and the blue and black mechs are fantastic.

I was thinking of getting some of the January wave of EF sets, but I see no need with these coming out!

No kidding Sam! These are incredible! That gate is by far the largest thing I have EVER seen made by Lego to this point! It's like they went back and made the Gate Assault ten times better! Well, guess we know that the poor Gate assault will be left all alone now. :(

Anyways, do you see how many mechs it comes with! If you buy that set, you get one of everything! Fantabulous job Lego!

I've just noticed - they've found a new use for the <insert that tiresome argument> bridge pieces in the city set. They are used at the back of the base.

I've just noticed - they've found a new use for the <insert that tiresome argument> bridge pieces in the city set. They are used at the back of the base.

Great eye Sam ;)

Tks for pointing that out :)

*yoda*

yeah, I noticed that too, and it seems that the bridge can be taken apart into 2 or 3 "smaller" pieces, which makes it a litle less <insert that tiresome argument> ;)

*Drools*

Those... must be resized...

*Jeeblies Jeeblies overtake Darkness Falls, making him faint. He wakes up minutes later, only to faint again at the sight of the new sets.*

If god is listening to my prayers, he's done good.

So the Gate Assualt is a kind of prequel set to Sentai HQ... for the first time in my life, I must say that the Sequel surpasses the first. Sentai HQ is amazing! I see two towers, a Mech docking bay, a HUGE gate(with holes in it... wtf were the Exo-force thinking when they built that thing?) Seven Minifigs, a mech with two fully posable HANDS... The only problem is that thing's going to destroy my budget.

Striking Venom has a massive amount of robot minifigs on it, looks amazing...

Wow, for all of the mechs we saw in the first wave, I can say that once that gate in Sentai HQ opens, hell's gonna break loose. You could store all of your Exo-force mechs in that thing! Lego came through with this wave, although I'm still disappointed with the lack of floor in the middle of Sentai HQ. I'll build my own, I guess.

Very impressed with this. Now all I need is a Robot HQ and my room will become a scale model of their world...

Oh....... :oD

Now this is what I'm talking about, all these sets are awesome! Let me revew each of them (from the pictures)

Hero Tank: I don't understand why xwingyoda hates it, it only slightly resembles the Dino Atack tank, and in my opinion, even that wasn't that bad. But this, this is just plain cool. the treads are good, although on the other side they look weird, and the cockpit is very smooth and well designed. And the weapons...a six barfrel gatling gun, several cockpit blasters, and 10(!!!!!!) missles. Plus, lots of orange, and what if the missles actually fire...... :oD

Striking Venom: Huge! Lots of green and black pieces, a cool design, and look at those gatling guns! Plus, at least 6(!!!!) and maybe even 7 or 8 robots, making it a great army builder! Another light-up brick is included, rounding up an impressive kit! They just keep getting bigger and bigger....

Sentai Headquarters: Even Bigger!!!!!!! :oD You get two new meches (3, if you count the stupid spider mech included) that are both cool, 4 robots, a neat gate, two towers (one with some sort of command center), a jet trooper, a gun turret, and what looks like a mech repair station. Awesome! This will have really great playability, and the overal base is good!

Can't wait for these to come out, my money will be waiting...

I just got the catalog at a local TRU today and noticed something else: prices will go up. At least in Germany and Austria. I noticed the price of 7249 XXL crane in the catalog is EUR 56.99 compared to EUR 51.99 for all of 2005.

Austrian TRU most of the time was a good deal for me because they sold LEGO at German prices. And those are about 4 % less than Austrian prices due to the German VAT which is lower than Austria's. Why TRU could do that I dunno. The XXL crane was EUR 49.99 at local TRUs...

The TRU store I visited today seemed to have adopted to the new prices already: 7240 Fire Station was listed at EUR 39.99 compared to EUR 34.99 for all of 2005 and EUR 36.49 at S@H, 7248 Digger was listet at EUR 18.99 compared to EUR 16.99 for all of 2005 and EUR 17.49 at S@H.

This goes only for a few sets, still it's a trend I don't like at all... :/

i've seen it too... sets are more expensive. it's as if they're thinkning: "well if we are so popular, then why not try and increase profit by pushing prices?"

I like the look of the new EXO force sets :-D

but I can see why TLC are not issuing any big technic sets till later in the year these EXO sets have a lot of technic parts they must be using a big chunk of the technic production.

Its a novel use for the mini excavator bucket as feet for the striking venom set *satis*

Wow, that Striking Venom set is pretty damn sweet! Can't wait to see that sucker on the shelves. Same goes for the tank...it's not as good as I hoped it could be, but good enough!

The base isn't all that great, but all the other little figs and mechs and such it comes with are pretty damn cool. But, it looks like it has some good and useable parts in it so I'm sure I'll snag it at some point nuts.GIF

Thanks for the link. You can get a slightly clearer look at the 1:8 Ferrari, as well as some of the other 2006 sets.

Lego is no longer making trains. 2005 was the last year. There may be a replacement, but it's not clear what and when... Low profit margin and low volume = no more trains I would think.

Sorry man.

Gyl