WesternOutlaw

Train Tech Building Contest

Hi,

could a train MOC take part in this contest which was build an presented online (brickshelf, mocpages, etc.) before August 1st?

Holger

could a train MOC take part in this contest which was build an presented online (brickshelf, mocpages, etc.) before August 1st?

If I'm understanding your question correctly, all entries must be new/original (not shared previously).

Ha!

You want to show us your ICE 3? :oh:

Ok guys, the show is over - we can all go home now. :hmpf:

:wink:

Btw.: Welcome to Eurobricks, Holger!

Hi Holodoc and all the others!

You want to show us your ICE 3? :oh:

That was the background for my question. But I have another train MOC wip which will be finished soon. I will use this one for the contest.

Btw.: Welcome to Eurobricks, Holger!

Thanks! Good to see a train related forum here!

Holger

I personally think this is a grate idea for a competition. With any luck it will encourage people who haven’t previously ventured in to lego trains to try their hand at creating some moc’s. Events like these never have a negative impact on a hobby and I hope we see some grate designs and building techniques emerging from the entries.

Hopefully it will spark some fresh interest and generating some fresh faces in the lego trains community.

:cry_happy: very very nice build of this ICE

btw, I also like the flowers at the end of the track, is that frankfurt station ?

I guess when you can build something like this, then building a new train for this contest is no problem for you :classic:

Not sure if this has been asked already, but does our entry have to be motorized or could it be like the Hogwarts Express as well?

can the moc be done without lego train parts, just like the hogwarts express(as long as it fits in the limits)?

can the moc be done without lego train parts, just like the hogwarts express(as long as it fits in the limits)?

The rules state that it must run on standard L-gauge track (including points), so I would say the different non-train wheels are ok, just so long as it will still ride the rails ok. :thumbup:

The rules state that it must run on standard L-gauge track (including points), so I would say the different non-train wheels are ok, just so long as it will still ride the rails ok. :thumbup:

correct

Hi guys, we're back after a month's hiatus while roaming abroad.. Lovely surprise here, the collaboration between Railbricks and Eurobricks is really wonderful news, a huge THANK YOU to everyone who made it possible. We'll try hard and think of something zany for this contest... as a matter of fact I've already got an idea what I'd like to build! :classic:

Cheers once again, looking forward to all the great entries!

The Train Tech Building Contest will begin August 1 and end September 30, 2009, and includes three separate categories:

Maybe good to start with reading the first page of this topic :wink:

What a great initiative TheBrickster. :thumbup:

Train month... :classic:

Too bad I already showed my train station before the contest started.

I'm afraid I cannot enter the competition yet, since i'm still building up my train collection.

Good luck to all the participants. I will be watching as a big fan of Lego and everything related to Lego trains.