Sign in to follow this  
mtMOClug

MOD: 8402 Sports Car

As usual I wasn't totally happy with the official LEGO set. Gee, will I ever stop saying that? My thoughts when I saw the official set was that it was 2 steps short of being a pimped Ford Mustang. So of course, with a few bricks... and a bit of brain bashing... I've pimped my ride - a little more than the Ford factory. Two small details - the Ford version has black mirrors. I tried black, and it looked out of place. So the side mirrors are colour matched to the body. Same deal with the grill.

lego_8402_sports_car_mod_1_450.jpg

lego_8402_sports_car_mod_3_450.jpg

lego_8402_sports_car_mod_2_450.jpg

It is a good variation to 8402 but the engine scoop looks too big for the car. The back looks good though :thumbup:

Thanks prateek. I took your suggestion into consideration and tweaked. The big blower on the first version posted was meant to be a little humourous... maybe it would have been more suited to a Camaro. Besides, who really needs a 700 hp motor in their LEGO car anyway?

Here's a couple more versions... with the black trim too. I'm on the fence about the black trim, since I like the colour matched bits... your thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

lego_8402_sports_car_mod_8_600.jpg

lego_8402_sports_car_mod_9_600.jpg

The grille looks better in black. I like the red tile instead of the blowers. As for the mirrors, I like them red :classic:

And which style of mirrors are most preferred? Antenna base with the clips, or with double-sided studs?

lego_8402_sports_car_mod_red2.jpg

lego_8402_sports_car_mod_red1.jpg

I prefer the second - much easier for transport/storage/handling rather than risking losing the antenna bases.

Everyone else feel free to jump in :wink:

Woah, that was fast. Anyway, for display, I like the first one, but for playing with and stability, I like the second :classic:

Fast... well... the kids are playing Wii. :classic:

The last thing I'm considering tweaking are the front indicator lights in the fenders. I'll tweak those too... and post a pic if it's worth it.

Once it's done... I'll have to dig up some Cobra stickers... or Shelby... or Prateek :laugh: