Alywin

More new products from Shop@Home (2009 later half)

I hope the Pirates BP and game are an indicator of great pirate sets to come next year! Perhaps the next wave of pirate sets will come in time for Christmas....

Finn

I don't know; I kind of like this battle pack for a change. Its a nice way to get the Admiral guy without having to pay $50 for the fort set.

I hear you. Totally agree on the officer/admiral. What is silly is including a monkey and two pirates.

It is fine as an expansion pack for Pirates but it is NOT a useful army builder unless you are building two (or more if you include monkey) armies.

Thanks for this information. I'm liking the gold bases and the minifigure collection! :wub: But what is the Pirate boat thing clearly made from paper? :look:

Greetings,

JD

those gold bases are probably magnets

It is fine as an expansion pack for Pirates but it is NOT a useful army builder unless you are building two (or more if you include monkey) armies.

What if this is the first in a series of battlepacks? Future BP's could include just pirates or just soldiers. This pack would be the "leader" pack.

Finn

The "Battle Pack" is ok, but more of a minifig pack (like with the original pirates) than a battle-pack, who needs 10 BB's or 10 governors anyways. The stripy-pirate is acceptable, if you have the parts to switch legs/hats/heads at least.

If I can find them, I'll probably buy two of the tic-tac-toe set (if they will be available in regular stores in Europe) and none of the battle pack (which is kind of redundant with the tic-tac-toe set). +I'll get a pirate advent calender, so I'll have allmost all pirate minifigs, I don't like the sets, so this is a much better way.

The candle is clearly one of those ones similar to the kind that are burned down in anticipation of Christmas, a mark for each day until the big day comes. If you count, it has 25 segments.

Does anyone notice the new colored telescope on the governer? and also, yes, the MFC 3 is in stores :classic:

Edit by WhiteFang: Please do not use font size 7 to emphasis your wordings. Thanks.

Edited by WhiteFang
Removed oversized fonts

Does anyone notice the [/size]new colored telescope on the governer? and also, yes, the MFC 3 is in stores :classic:
The telescope already exists in dark brown. And please don't use font size seven for something that isn't that important (we got orange telescopes in two Agents 2.0 sets and no one was excited).

I really like those Christmas themed items. The candle seems interesting, but I've never heard of an "advent candle" before. :laugh:

The small Christmas set with Santa is pretty cool. It's a good way to get Santa, and it looks like it comes with a nice printed tile.

The ornaments are weird... :tongue:

EDIT: Added my thoughts on the Christmas themed items.

EDIT: Fixed a grammar mistake...

Edited by ILikePi

I guess its already out, i'm quite sure i've seen it in lego store in munich.

I can confirm that the Vintage Minifigure Collection Vol. 3 is available at the lego Store here in Munich!

Green Box (1979) Yellow Space Men (1984) Castle Figure (1989) Pirate Soldier (1992) Cook (1996) Union Soldier.

Any one have a larger picture of volume 4?

This has got to be the worst "battle pack" ever. Clearly someone at LEGO is totally clueless about what a BP is. It is SUPPOSED to be a way to build an army. That means one officer and at least three soldiers (or better yet, NO "officers").

I think they cater for children mainly, who will get one of those sets so they have some figures to play with and to build a ship around. So it's nice to have one captain and three pirates.

Now the few AFOLS who want to build battle scenes that fill a room with 5000 minifigs will just have to find a use for those officers and use the other figures included...

I could imagine buying that 'battle pack' (I hate that word, why do they always have to battle? Call it playset!) as a gift for children, maybe to combine with a brick bucket or with the 6192 basic pirate set.

Edited by eti

This is all great stuff. Even the Pirates money box with its exclusive sail and glow-in-the-dark octopus seems interesting. The VMF Vol. 4 is good, just like its predecessors, thanks to the Forestman and Blacktron figs. I'm a bit disappointed by the Pirate BP though. I mean, who needs an army of Brickbeards and Governors? :sceptic: Also, it's not very exciting that it includes the same Pirate as in the impulse set. That said, it's still a nice, cheap way of getting Brickbeard and the Governor, plus a monkey and treasure chest. :thumbup: But the Tic-Tac-Toe game seems to be a much better BP than the actual BP. :thumbup:

The chrome-gold brick magnets look neat too. I hope they are cheap, considering it's only two of them. :classic:

Not so sure about the Xmas stuff...

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Just wondering... In these Vintage Minifig Collections, no old colours are used, correct? The grey parts have been replaced with bluish grey parts, Bricklink tells me. What does this mean for the Forestman's hat? You guys think it'll be reddish brown (or dark brown)?

I can see why some older fans would be cursing a decision like that, but I'd love it. Call me an uber-purist, but with the introduction of new greys and browns, I find I never use the old grey parts anymore. So a Forestman hat in reddish (or dark) brown... yum! Can anyone please tell me if that's the reality for this new set?

Edited by Mr Spielbrick

I'm not into the Pirate Coin Bank, since it is made of cardboard, but I just might have to get it for the trans-blue octopus. I've wanted that for quite a while now.

The 4x4 gold bricks are very cool. I wish LEGO would just bite the bullet and make more chrome available. :hmpf:

The Pirate Tic-Tac-Toe is also pretty cool, but I don't know if I'll go for that one or not.

Wow all these sets look so good. The pirate battle pack looks so cool especially with the monkey :grin:

Yet I wonder how much it will cost :hmpf:

The 4x4 gold bricks are very cool.

You guys do realize that the gold bricks are most likely magnets and not normal bricks, right? :sceptic:

This has got to be the worst "battle pack" ever. Clearly someone at LEGO is totally clueless about what a BP is. It is SUPPOSED to be a way to build an army. That means one officer and at least three soldiers (or better yet, NO "officers").

Hopefully the Tic-Tac-Toe set will be a better deal because there is no point to buying the so-called BP. :sick:

Yeah, "battle pack" is quite the misnomer for this set. It's a nice assortement of figs and accessories, but mainly it just duplicates what comes in Soldier's Fort. And if it's $14.99 like the Castle Battle Packs, it really won't be a great value. As others have said, it's funny that TTT will actually be a better battle pack, both in terms of fig selection, and price/value. (Unless it costs something ridiculous like $30!).

Anyways, between these sets and the Pirate Advent Calendar, there will be no shortage of Pirate figs and accessories this winter! :classic:

As others have said, it's funny that TTT will actually be a better battle pack, both in terms of fig selection, and price/value. (Unless it costs something ridiculous like $30!).

Well, considering it has twice the amount of figs as a Castle BP, which cost $15, I fear it's not unlikely that it might cost $30, or at least $25. :sceptic:

You guys do realize that the gold bricks are most likely magnets and not normal bricks, right? :sceptic:

Yes, I know that, but you can still build with the magnet bricks, and you can even take the magnets out if you want.

Well, considering it has twice the amount of figs as a Castle BP, which cost $15, I fear it's not unlikely that it might cost $30, or at least $25. :sceptic:

Yeah, I guess I wouldn't be too surprised if it was $30. But considering they are marketing it as a tic-tac-toe game, I think $30 would be a tough sell. We do have the precedent of the Castle tic-tac-toe game at $14.99 (And those figs were armed to the teeth!), so I think $20 is a more realistic guess. We shall see!

Just wondering... In these Vintage Minifig Collections, no old colours are used, correct? The grey parts have been replaced with bluish grey parts, Bricklink tells me. What does this mean for the Forestman's hat? You guys think it'll be reddish brown (or dark brown)?

I can see why some older fans would be cursing a decision like that, but I'd love it. Call me an uber-purist, but with the introduction of new greys and browns, I find I never use the old grey parts anymore. So a Forestman hat in reddish (or dark) brown... yum! Can anyone please tell me if that's the reality for this new set?

I don't hold it in my hands but I am absolutely sure that TLC is actually not able to produce old colours anymore. Though I wonder why they didn't give it a green one. I thought those ones fit better. But anyway. Oh and notice the Space logo in the right place again! :classic:

Atleast there is a Forestman in the vintage collection.

It is a bloody shame there wasn't already one in the first one, but I will forgive Tlc this Great Fault for they have added one in set 4 :angry::sadnew::wink::tongue:

I hope the forestman is not something like they found in a old room and must be sold, but that they really made new forestmen. :wub:

The battle pack is nice for children who don't get the big sets with the captain and govenor.

Tic-Tac-Toe is nice with many figs. :thumbup:

Thank you very much for that news and the pics, whung, Alywin and Whitefang! :classic:

The Vintage Minifigure Collection 4 includes two very rare and lovely minfigs: the classic knight and the Forestman minifig! :wub: The other three minifigs are :sceptic: . I'm really impressed that TLG brought back the Forestman hat! :thumbup:

The Pirates BP is absolutely classic and includes a lot of great stuff! :thumbup: Only some more weaponry would have been nice. I really don't understand why TLG does sell this as an Exclusive since it would surely sell very well in regular shops, too. :wacko:

The other products are really only for JFOLs (too <insert that tiresome argument>). :hmpf_bad:

Klaus-Dieter