Sign in to follow this  
Monasti

The Legend Reborn

The Skrall mistook a Giant-Purple-Malum for a Baterra? I thought Baterra were meant to look like evil robotic Bohrok with a sword arm...mistaking a GPM for that is taking it too far...

@ The Alchemyst - We currently don't know anything about what storyline purpose the Stars will serve. The only stuff about them not having a storyline and them being purely promotional sets is from other members theorizing that.

The Skrall mistook a Giant-Purple-Malum for a Baterra? I thought Baterra were meant to look like evil robotic Bohrok with a sword arm...mistaking a GPM for that is taking it too far...

@ The Alchemyst - We currently don't know anything about what storyline purpose the Stars will serve. The only stuff about them not having a storyline and them being purely promotional sets is from other members theorizing that.

Baterra are also shapeshifters too. So the Skrall probably thinks "OMG the Baterra has combined to form a giant purple Malum! RUN!" or something like that.

Well, about the music, I think only two parts were good

1. The part when we see Tesara for the first time, that really brought back memories

2. The part at the ending were the Agori assemble the Grat Spirit body.

Hey, after watching it for the twentieth time last night, I started wondering something . . .

What reason did Strakk have to kill Ackar? Especially after Raid on Vulcanus, where all of the Glatorian realized they should depend on each other. I have a vague theory that an Agori (Possibly Metus or even Raanu) paid Strakk to kill Ackar, even if he lost the match. It seems in-character for Strakk, and provides an explanation for Strakk's outlash.

Hey, after watching it for the twentieth time last night, I started wondering something . . .

What reason did Strakk have to kill Ackar? Especially after Raid on Vulcanus, where all of the Glatorian realized they should depend on each other. I have a vague theory that an Agori (Possibly Metus or even Raanu) paid Strakk to kill Ackar, even if he lost the match. It seems in-character for Strakk, and provides an explanation for Strakk's outlash.

I remember Greg answered this some time ago. He said because since Iconox didn't have other Glatorian other than him, he thought he could get away with it.

Edited by S-N

I remember Greg answered this some time ago. He said because since Iconox didn't have other Glatorian otehr than him, he thought he could get away with it.

Oh wow. That's a pretty lame excuse. >_>;

Anyone else think it would have been snapawesome if Mata Nui had just held Metus' face close to his and then the Ignika soulsucked hum à la 9?

Anyone else think it would have been snapawesome if Mata Nui had just held Metus' face close to his and then the Ignika soulsucked hum à la 9?

But it's a kid's movie, and Greg said that Toa don't kill. Which is alway why Tuma isn't dead, which seems like a lame reason, because he looked dead as far as we and probably Mata Nui could tell. Not wanting to kill shouldn't stop you from accidentally killing.

But it's a kid's movie, and Greg said that Toa don't kill. Which is alway why Tuma isn't dead, which seems like a lame reason, because he looked dead as far as we and probably Mata Nui could tell. Not wanting to kill shouldn't stop you from accidentally killing.

I said that it would be snapawesome, not that it would actually happen.

Meh, I had low expectations for this movie and it didn't really surprise me at all. Of course, it was made for children so they couldn't really make the story very mature anyways. But the movie barely had any plot anyways, and the climax wasn't really a climax; it might have been for around five seconds but then they pulled the "unity" thing and randomly wiped out everyone in their paths. At least come up with something more creative >.<

Animation was pretty good at least. The detailed armor, the lighting, and the fight sequences were nice. I still much prefer the original trilogy over this one, though.

I've just started watching this movie again to pull it to pieces, and it's interesting some of the things you spot when you're watching stuff 10 times slower than you should be. In Ackar's house, just before Kiina comes, you can see her unmoving silhouette in the doorway. However, in the shot that she appears, her silhouette is still visible in the doorway, but she jumps from outside the doorway, in front of her silhouette, which is wiped out as she appears.

It's hardly a plot point, but it's fun to see where the animators cut corners.

The other 3 movies are a lot more fun for that. Personally I felt pretty annoyed at seeing the words Threshold and Universal all over the Great Beings' lab. Annoyed enough that that same manoeuvre was considered for the inside of the Avohkii in MoL.

The other 3 movies are a lot more fun for that. Personally I felt pretty annoyed at seeing the words Threshold and Universal all over the Great Beings' lab. Annoyed enough that that same manoeuvre was considered for the inside of the Avohkii in MoL.

Equally annoyed when they did it in the MNOG in Ko-Koro?

I think it's amusing. :tongue:

-Ikk

-Ikk

Hah, I remember that. And that was packaging crap. And it was awesome.

Hah, I remember that. And that was packaging crap. And it was awesome.

The Ko-Koronan studying the "What do you get if you multiply six by nine?" writing was still the best. Such a perfect place to put it. xD

-Ikk

I've never noticed it, but I guess 'yes', by principle. Personally I'd be much more annoyed to see it written in a movie than in a flash game. It just seems weird that they're staring in awe at all this ancient scrawling (since this is supposed to be a serious scene) and all I can read are the names of the companies that made the film. Also I find MNOG as much of a relic as the next nostalgic fan but I know they did get some things wrong. Like Ussal taxis.

I've never noticed it, but I guess 'yes', by principle. Personally I'd be much more annoyed to see it written in a movie than in a flash game. It just seems weird that they're staring in awe at all this ancient scrawling (since this is supposed to be a serious scene) and all I can read are the names of the companies that made the film. Also I find MNOG as much of a relic as the next nostalgic fan but I know they did get some things wrong. Like Ussal taxis.

Most fans can't read Matoran, though, so what the writings actually say are just a bit of an in-joke. =P

And Ussal crabs are hilarious. :tongue:

-Ikk

I love the fact that the Matoran writing is useless jokes from the designers - It's funny, inconspicuous to most viewers, and you think your being really smart by deciphering the runes and you're going to find out BIONICLE secrets, until you realize that they're just useless jokes. :laugh:

That said, it would've been great if the runes in the GB lab said more interesting stuff than just the names of the companies involved. Like if there was a panning shot around the room, and the Matoran script had some weird conversation between two Great Beings, frequently breaking the fourth wall.

Kinda feeling like I would have received that more warmly than "Threshold" and "Universal." Maybe it's the effort put into the joke, rather than just slapping names on there.

All I want is that Lego improves Tuma and his fight with Mata Nui. Keep all the corny stuff, but at least fix that.

I may have heard somewhere that Tuma's character was deliberately changed for the sake of the target audience. I was really put off by it as well, but I guess I can understand where they're coming from if it was deliberate. If anything though, I found Legend Reborn didn't drastically alter it's characters as much as the first 3. Sidorak and Lewa being pretty clear examples. I do remember though, that the reason for the first 3 movies was given as, "the film makers haven't read the books and wouldn't know." As opposed to, "the character was deliberately toned down for the film."

I also expected Ackar to be represented as really self pitying and annoying when I read that he was 'worried about reaching his peak', but he didn't turn out too bad, although that was only one aspect of his character. His leadership role turned out to be a different story.

I finaly saw it! First in English then with Polish Dubbing...

I must say this movie was cool, but nothing more, he was too bright to be good. But I love all landscapes (Huge feet WTF?), and details on bodies like rust. What I don't like: Some scenes (Mata Nui training for example) should be longer. Was that movie too quick, or that me? And Metus- The Mighty Leader of Skralls... What tthey did Tuma? He is... He was like HULK...

ME TUMA! ME BIG! ME KILL BAD YELLOW ROBOT!!!

Ok let's back...

What about Dubbing? THey did great job! Voices really fits to characters, and I think Mata Nui voice is a lot better than English one. :tongue: But English Kiina is win, I soooo love her voice *fanscream*!

"I will haz a happee" when they would remake all the films this way... Sweet dreams...

Edited by Lordofdragonss