Joey Lock

HMS Unicorn Teaser

1. I have got Rear shots, But I don't know whether Ive shown you lot them before, Heres one:

100_0972-1.jpg

And heres another side shot:

100_0977-1.jpg

But those rear pictures are quite old, Ive updated it since.

2. Reason?

3. Its a Unicorn of course! Its a Lego Horse, Cut in half, A sheild of a Unicorn on its breast and a legomans hand, with the hand part cut off: 983.gif, It looks like a horn!

4. No no, it is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mind-bogglingly big it is. :pir_laugh2:

@General: Thanks, Thats what I was going for. :pir-laugh:

1. The pics aren't working for me... nevermind, now they are... (and I've already seen those pics from earlier)

2. It looks funny, and doesn't really fit.

3. Nice... (any pics of that?)

4. where's that quote from, isn't it like Bill Nye or something?

5. Hi

:pir_yoda:

Edited by the_green_avenger

Wow! I cant believe I haven't seen this before. Such a huge ship! You did very well on the tumblehome; It makes the broadside

look great. The bow and stern sections look good too :thumbup: . I also like the color scheme, it looks like

my ship that i'm currently working on. Maybe they can be in the same fleet :pir-wink:

But.... I think you should change those masts, for they are way to skinny for the size of your ship. If you make your own masts, This

Ship will look a lot better.

Overall; Good Job!!! :thumbup:

Thanks for the Comments! I've been working on a Revell Model Kit of the HMS Victory so I haven't got round to working on my Lego, Model kit! :pir_laugh2:

Thanks for the Comments! I've been working on a Revell Model Kit of the HMS Victory so I haven't got round to working on my Lego, Model kit! :pir_laugh2:

I know how that goes. Sometimes you just need to work on something else for a while. She looks really great though and I can't wait to see her finished.

Ahhh... Model kits...

Expensive... but worthwhile.

It helps a lot with teaching you the basics of rigging!

I'm guessing the Unicorn will have some nice ropework...

:pir_yoda:

lol wats with mr. manhattan standing in front of the ship? lol either way this ship will look awesome!

WOAH! The ship is amazing. The size is blowing my mind. And it has an interior too? Wow! That is a great piece of work!

Edited by Captain Bricks

Still wondering when next updates are.

I decided a while back to put the Unicorn on hold. I need to plan out updates too it. I need to plan masts, with help from Captain Blackmoor, I need to rig it and I might just wait till I create a proper re-enforced interior because the Unicorn right now has gulped most of my important Lego collection. The interior hull pieces are clipped firmly together with alot of important plates I've been missing for a while and just realised where it all has gone. The deck is also only held up by pillars. I will try create a full interior but it may take some time to plan.

I have put the Unicorn on hold for a few reasons.

1. I am starting to plan a new Wehrmacht project.

2. I need to plan the Unicorn and I don't have much money to buy bricks with.

3. The Unicorn is now in my brothers room (The room the pictures are taken in used to be my room until we swapped). So its hard to get to the Unicorn with all my brothers junk in the room.

4. I completely forgot about most things related to Lego these past 2 months, Such as the Tournament of Retribution, I completely forgot when it was ending and to make an entry. Mostly because of outside situations, Real world stuff (Girls, holidays, going out with friends, chores e.t.c. But mostly girls :pir-blush: ). But never fear, I am not entering the dark ages! NEVER! :thumbup:

Well, you know at building such a big ship as this it take almoust most of your moneys, and the masts are kinda impossible to make them looking realistic in a ship like this. But you can make the masts also in square shaping if you like. Anyway i hope you can find a way to contiune her building and im also glad at you havent give up.... yet :pir-look: best of luck for it

Captain Becker

It looks amazing. I am looking forward to seeing more of it. How are your other projects going?

(...) Real world stuff (Girls, holidays, going out with friends, chores e.t.c. But mostly girls :pir-blush: )(...) :thumbup:

I hear you there. Hope you have better luck than me ha :pir-wink:

well, I do believe that even in a battle with my current WIP(26 guns) and La Mort Royale(46 guns) and even the Sang Royale (from a distance), that thing would win :pir-classic: Just keep the updates coming :pir_laugh2:

This is great joey! how many midsections does it use?

It uses 12 Mid-sections, And amazingly, I can lift it up and move it :pir_laugh2:

I'm not working on it really, I know many of you want me to complete it but right now, 1. I'm busy with school, 2. I need to order more bricks, 3.I need to re-plan half of the ship because I was running out of bricks by the time I reached 3/4 through it. :pir_laugh2:

It uses 12 Mid-sections, And amazingly, I can lift it up and move it :pir_laugh2:

I'm not working on it really, I know many of you want me to complete it but right now, 1. I'm busy with school, 2. I need to order more bricks, 3.I need to re-plan half of the ship because I was running out of bricks by the time I reached 3/4 through it. :pir_laugh2:

And 4. You need money for your Werchmact project (Or how that was writed.) Im sorry to hear at you have to build her again (If i understanded right) But i hope you will finish her sometime, and maby you should make her two decked instead of 3, but thats just my big mouth :pir_laugh2: Anyway, good luck for this project and hope to see her finished n someday, and good luck for your Werchmacht project too. (If you really are gonna start it)

Captain Becker

I agree with captain Becker, 125 guns is just too many guns for a ship using a prefab hull. and the same with three decks. the top decks are too narrow. But anyway, the is a great WIP and when you rebuild have you thought of using CGH's technique for the tumblehomes?

I agree with captain Becker, 125 guns is just too many guns for a ship using a prefab hull. and the same with three decks. the top decks are too narrow. But anyway, the is a great WIP and when you rebuild have you thought of using CGH's technique for the tumblehomes?

Nope, I'm keeping 125 guns! :pir-tongue: And no I haven't thought of using CGH's technique because no offence to the Captain but way to many ships are starting to look the same now, And I want to break away, Just like Blackmoors Le Forgeux, I feel I want to relive what pirates was all about, Using bricks and pre-fab hulls, What Pirates was all about. No fancy expensive brick built hulls, The HMS Unicorn is the largest, most powerful vessel in the Redcoat Navy. And I intend to keep it that way! :pir-devil:

Yeah, you might be right Joey, the ship really is looking good like that, and if you like to keep those 125 guns, its your choice not us. And what comes to Le Forgeux, its gonna be in big trouble when this ship will come on to the horizon and will challenge it and pulls it into the battle :pir-tongue: But, what you have to redesing of the ship? Masts of course but what else?

Captain Becker

Edited by Captain Becker