WesternOutlaw

New Ideas for Pirate LEGO Sets

If Lego re-releases or makes a new series of pirates, what do you think they should make?  

265 members have voted

1. 1. If Lego re-releases or makes a new series of pirates, what do you think they should make?

• Pirates of the Caribbean license and theme
    • A new very accurate/detailed pirate ship (mini-fig scale)
    • Imperial Armada army (large fig set)
    • A port/seaside town or village (houses, shops, docks)
    • A new pirate island (cove, cliffs, and caves)
    • Re-release/Legend - Eldorado Fortress (6276)
    • Re-release/Legend - Imperial Trading post (6277)
    • Re-release/Legend - Other favorite Pirate set
    • Forget Pirates! Been there, done that!
    • Other NEW Pirate set never released

I was actually disappointed that Star Justice and Space Skulls were only released as two Factory Sets. I thought the sets looked awesome because they modernised Classic-Space and expecting them to be released as new Space theme. How wrong was I!

A$129.99 is just too much for me in one hit and it also costs another A$35.00 to ship it to Australia. So that's $154.99 in total. There are no LEGO Brand stores in my area, or anywhere in Australia as far as I'm aware, making shipping the only method of obtainment.

My other quandary is I don't understand why the sets cost US$99.99 in the USA which is A$104.99. Why I'm paying an extra A$25 for the same product when I'm already paying A$35 for the shipping? Are there hidden charges that are not already factored into the initial price?

So if a similar thing happened with new Pirate sets I'd be quite annoyed.

I was actually disappointed that Star Justice and Space Skulls were only released as two Factory Sets. I thought the sets looked awesome because they modernised Classic-Space and expecting them to be released as new Space theme. How wrong was I!

My main objection was the price. A$129.99 is just too much for me in one hit. And it also costs another A$35.00 on top of that to ship it to Australia.

My other objection is set costs US$99.99 in the USA which is A$104.99 - so I'm not sure why I'm paying an extra A$25 on the same product when I'm already paying A$35 for the shipping.

If they were released as sets which I could buy individually then eventually then I would buy them.

So if a similiar thing happened with new Pirate sets I'd be quite annoyed.

I totally agree, but the price difference between the US and the rest of the world is present in nearly every set (allmost like 1 dollar = 1 or 1,5 euro, while it should be closer to 1 dollar = 0,60 euro), even if pirates was released in a normal line and not like the new space theme.

Even if it's a big set and it's worth the 100 euro/dollar, I would also like several smaller sets, rather than 1 or 2 big ones. This so you can spread your expenses, or just get the things you want, and not be left with a lot of useless pieces. Maybe modular sets like the 80's (?) castle sets.

Several medium sets would be fine. like small ships(size of the ship in ITP) or small bases/ ports. in this way kids can take the setw with them if they visit friends and there put them all togheter to a LARGE world .

or i can buy all of them my selves and use them in the same way :pir-classic:

a larger ship would be nice for uss AFOL's. perhaps with a much wider hull. could them be great for making our own moc's.

I lost my internet (lightning strike again) and im moving soon so havent had much chance to get in here lately. but its good to se that this page is alive :)

greetings. Thunder

A$129.99 is just too much for me in one hit and it also costs another A$35.00 to ship it to Australia. So that's $154.99 in total. There are no LEGO Brand stores in my area, or anywhere in Australia as far as I'm aware, making shipping the only method of obtainment.

My other quandary is I don't understand why the sets cost US$99.99 in the USA which is A$104.99. Why I'm paying an extra A$25 for the same product when I'm already paying A$35 for the shipping? Are there hidden charges that are not already factored into the initial price?

So if a similar thing happened with new Pirate sets I'd be quite annoyed.

They're not shipping them to Australian shops? That bites big time. I'd figure they were going to ship them to the larger shops like the big cafe set, but they were just delaying for some reason.

Scratch my precious idea then.

There was the vote on TWLUG Pirates forum, in which I steal copied all the subject, description, and choices from this thread and translated in Chinese. :pir-tongue:

Here comes the result from Dec 12, 2007 to Jul 19, 2008:

電影《神鬼奇航》授權系列 (Pirates of the Caribbean license and theme) 26% [ 7 ]

一艘相當精密詳細的海盜船(人偶尺寸) (A new very accurate/detailed pirate ship (mini-fig scale)) 19% [ 5 ]

皇家無敵艦隊陸軍(大型人偶產品) (Imperial Armada army (large fig set)) 7% [ 2 ]

港口/濱海村鎮(民宅、商店、碼頭) (A port/seaside town or village (houses, shops, docks)) 19% [ 5 ]

海盜島嶼(小海灣、懸崖、洞穴) (A new pirate island (cove, cliffs, and caves)) 3% [ 1 ]

復刻傳奇-6276 官兵堡壘 (Re-release/Legend - Eldorado Fortress (6276)) 3% [ 1 ]

復刻傳奇-6277 皇家商港 (Re-release/Legend - Imperial Trading post (6277)) 3% [ 1 ]

復刻傳奇-其他海盜產品 (Re-release/Legend - Other favorite Pirate set) 3% [ 1 ]

曾經滄海難為水,忘了海盜吧! (Forget Pirates! Been there, done that!) 0% [ 0 ]

其他尚未發行的海盜新產品 (Other NEW Pirate set never released) 11% [ 3 ]

總投票數 : 26 (Total votes: 26)

As much as some of you don't want it, I voted Pirates of the Caribbean. I don't necessarily deeply desire this, it would be somewhat cool, and the options were too specific.

Pirates is one of my favorite themes and holds the fondest memories for me from my childhood. Rereleasing the legends would be absolutely excellent, but if that was done in a vacuum with no new sets it would be disappointing.

I voted for the pirate cove because a license on the lego Pirates theme would be counter productive. Besides, Mega Blocks already has the Pirates of the Carribean license. Lego has a great thing in the existing Pirates line, and they also have a ton of untapped potential. No need to water it down with a license.

I would love new pirate ships, islands, or ports, but NOT Pirates of the Caribbean--ESPECIALLY NOT the ghost ship. The last thing Lego needs is more supernatural junk. We already have trolls, dragons, ghosts, HP creatures, and 4+ pirates. We don't need anymore monsters. Give me MINIFIGS.

What we need:

- Small Pirate and/or Merchant Sloop or Schooner

- Galapagos island with pirate shack (standard-size baseplate island)

- Imperial Soldier/Guard shore artillery battery (Small baseplate; good for fig/cannon collectors to buy in large quantities)

- Pirate Jungle Hideway (large island, lots of vegetation pieces, buried treasure)

- New imperial/civilian dock set, similar to 6277 Trading Post crossed with the Sail-n-Fly Marina (think row of shop faces, with boardwalk in front and docks. One or two mini-ships (ala 6277) and a boat or two included.

I'm not sure we need another huge ship, at least until the small ones reignite the market.

I love the seaside village town idea which would be fantastic! But my armada army really needs a boost...I'de love to see the armada as pumped as the gaurds and soldiers(French and english if you like)...In any case if I can get good pirate sets like in the good old days...I wasnt really around then, I remember seeing a few pirate sets when I was very young....I would go nuts to see anything pirate new!!!!

Yep.

don't know if this has been posted yet, but while looking at some pictures of the new amazing castle set, i also came across a closeip of the new pirates mermaid gallon figure:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3085/291237...497a042ff_o.jpg

Wow! Now I really want to get this set... Interesting that there is different printing on the tail than in the Harry Potter set. But still cool, and I like the torso too. Looks so much like how I made a mermaid, same head, hair, and similar torso and tail. :pir-sweet:

:skull:

Great mermaid! I would like it when they put some in a small pirates set with a boat and a pirate so they can trick the pirate into go in the sea and be drowned by her :pir-look:

or a nicer tale where she catch fish for the pirate to keep him alive and even give sometimes a kiss :pir_kiss::pir-laugh:

Well, there are a lot of things I would like to see. A big armada/guards/soldiers ship (the pirates must have an enemy at sea), a guards battle pack. Maybe a coastal fortress. And a merchant ship.

The re-releases: some of those sets are great. However, if you re-release a set, make it a good re-release. I own 10159, and I was very disappointed. New gray, red cone instead of striped one, parts with ugly stud notches... Of course, most of these things cannot be different. I bought that set, because I saw only 6597 with a different number. I prefer a sort of 6277-succeedor for example, designed in the style of today, above a re-release. :pir-blush:

Edited by Richie

I would love to see a highly detailed costal town/port set or sets. And by that i would like it to have alot of houses and buildings in it, none of this "Two houses and its a town" rubbish ;). Pirates have to have some land action after all? Theres all that pillaging to do, not to mention those exciting chases through a crowded street, knocking over market stalls etc :)

Edited by Duck

The obvious choice is a ship. There wouldn't be pirates without a ship. A new ship is a must have...

I voted for option

"A port/seaside town or village (houses, shops, docks)"

As well as pirates as in the old days, needed docks, the village, something peaceful, that could seize on the game. And then fight all the time - and always treasures and other valuables are the soldiers, like special! That is my view and the correct view of the majority. :pir-classic::thumbup:

Captain Zuloo, how could the legendary Black Seas Barracuda be improved upon... A lot?

Seems I missed this. If you look at the BSB, not that I'm knocking it, it is quite un-realistic historically. For instance, a ship that small wouldn't have two masts. And certainly not a seperate gun deck.

I would like to see more imperial stuff released while adding other types of imperial armies into the line. In other words more realism...

And please no fantasy stuff like ghosts, dragons and skeleton armies... Thank you very much!

I would really like to see a very large imperial ship for their next line up. :thumbup:

Phred, I couldn't agree with you more! I really want to see a large imperial ship as well, preferrably one with the size of a pirate ship (2 or 3 midsection hulls and 4 cannon). That is something that is just missing in the Pirates lines, both old and new.

And I truly believe it would sell as hot pancakes!