Sign in to follow this  
Lego Chicago

Lego Racers McDonalds German

Wow, those are actually sort of brick-built (unlike the General Mills LEGO promotional cars)! :oh3:

Nice find, by the way. :classic:

I doubt they are real LEGOs. I worked at a McDonald's and there was a LEGO thing and it turned out it looked somewhat like LEGO, but it was really only like 2 pieces.

By God, you're right! It seems the base of the white truck is entirely one motor piece. I know these are all at least three pieces by the looks of them, but those wheels don't even look like they come off! These can't be more than 16 pieces each.

Good eye! :wink:

Looks slightly better than the pictures of the General Mills lego promotional stuff. Still cool, no Lego is useless. I might have a Happy Meal for the first time since they last had Lego! (Or was it Hotwheels cars?).

I'm not surprised they're not real LEGO...oh well. I wonder if they are made in China...I'm not sure about whether LEGO would put their logo on something which was low quality.

As for the German stuff on the website:

The main writing in the middle of the cars says: All of the cars' pieces can be combined as you like - and also with the LEGO Racers Tiny Turbos in the shops!

The writing over the individual cars says:

MONSTER RAD (monster wheel): Off-road vehicle in white and black. It's built from 3 parts.

KURVENCRUISER (swerving/turning cruiser): Racing car in blue and grey, with number 27 and big rear spoiler. It's built from 3 parts.

TURBOBOOSTER: Racing car in red and white featuring the name "Rallyfire". It's built from 3 parts.

SPORTPFEIL (sports-dart (as in, it's a fast sports car)): Racing car in yellow and dark red. It's built from 3 parts.

Again, I'm not sure all that stuff about combining them with real Racers sets would be coming from LEGO if these are poor quality Chinese things.

Edited by Whittleberry

These do seem to be different to the earlier ones. If you look at the example posted here - you could make the same base out of bricks. It's still lame, but not as bad.

There's only one appropriate emoticon for this: :sick:

Seriously: I don't understand Lego getting into this. I'm confident it won't spill over to regular Racers though.

The reason they are doing it this way for the Happy Meals is likely to meet rules McDonald's has about the price point for Happy Meals toys and the allowed complexity of such toys.

Ordinary Racers cost between €4 - €6 here in Ireland. I think it's fairly obvious that you can't really include much Lego with a Happy Meal!

Looks slightly better than the pictures of the General Mills lego promotional stuff. Still cool, no Lego is useless. I might have a Happy Meal for the first time since they last had Lego! (Or was it Hotwheels cars?).
Yeah, at least they look much better. :laugh:

It even looks like some parts are printed (the windshield)! :oh3:

By the way, isn't this only for McDonalds in Germany?

Here's a shot from the German site:

mcdonald.jpg

Oh my, that just made me less jealous :classic: At least they look like they're made of Lego :sceptic:

I don't think you are required to eat what comes with the set :wink:

Seriously. You have to be a hard core collector for these sets to be a priority.

image4276.jpg

image4272.jpg

image4273.jpg

image4274.jpg

image4275.jpg

Seriously: I don't understand Lego getting into this. I'm confident it won't spill over to regular Racers though.

I´d even say there are only three appropriate emoticons for this: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Seriously, these are by far THE WORST Lego sets I´ve ever seen. :hmpf_bad:

And look at the sticker sheet: Four times more stickers than bricks??? :hmpf:

*URGH*

We're getting these things in Italy too, there's even a TV commercial spreading the word around. :hmpf:

That's not just some guy! That's Kai Pflaume, the host of the Lego Show! Very fitting that they chose him for the commercial IMO. :thumbup:

The "sets" are very much like the General Mills ones, I think. Not very exciting, although I wouldn't mind getting one or two just for the heck of it. They could be useful for funny contest entries (if you know what I mean :devil: )! :grin:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Very interesting. LEGO must have determined that the general mills promotion was a success, because this is just more of thesame. While the sections (notice I did not use the term "pieces") are different, there do seem to be black windows (painted or plastic?), and the advert suggests possible hubcap pieces, these are essentially the same kind of useless pieces that were in the Cereal boxes. The only difference is that these are even less useful in that the wheel base is no longer a plain base with wheels -which could be used in MOCs, but rather it too is one of these odd contoured pieces, making it nearly useless for MOC'ing.

All that said, it might be neat to have a contest to see what folks can come up with using one of these, and no more than 20 other pieces.