Trudop561

You know you are a fan of Lego when...

You know you're a fan of Lego when... you buy a collection & can spot a clone part amongst the rest of the bricks a mile away! (Even a 2x4 plate face down!)

Well I hope I don't get in trouble for bumping, but...

...You can tell the difference between a collectable minifig and a normal one by texture BLINDFOLDED (Actually did this a few weeks ago because someone didn't believe me)

...You can talk for hours about a single set, and still have stuff to say even after the other person walks away

...You are willing to stand in line for 2 hours just to go to a LEGO Store Grand Opening

...You can identify an in-the-closet AFOL at TRU without even talking to him/her

Well I hope I don't get in trouble for bumping, but...

...You can identify an in-the-closet AFOL at TRU without even talking to him/her

ahhh you spotted me than ehhh?

You're a fan when you use your wife's embroidery machine to embroider LEGO on your underwear.

Finally thought of one:

When you can distinguish between a LEGO and something else small and plastic being vacuumed up solely by what it sounds like.

Now that sounds interesting, how do you do that?

...when you mom still looks for Lego at Rummage Sales and Thrift stores for you, and you've been out of the house for ten years.

Now that sounds interesting, how do you do that?

There are a few ways. One of the most common ways to identify such a person is if they are holding a few sets waiting in line to pay, and they suddenly look really nervous when the cashier sees them with LEGO. Also if the person goes into the LEGO aisle with their kids and picks out something before the kids even look at anything, then says it's all for the kids when he pays (but asks for the stuff he picked to be in a separate bag), then it's kinda obvious then.

You spend almost the double of the original price for the UCS Millenium Falcon (Actually did it, it was the last one in the netherlands) :laugh:

You spend almost the double of the original price for the UCS Millenium Falcon (Actually did it, it was the last one in the netherlands) :laugh:

For double the price, wouldn't it have been easier and cheaper just to make it using parts you already have, and the ones you don't have/don't want to use just buy from bricklink or buy sets that contain them?

For double the price, wouldn't it have been easier and cheaper just to make it using parts you already have, and the ones you don't have/don't want to use just buy from bricklink or buy sets that contain them?

Definitely, but then you don't get the Certificate of Authenticity that came with the original UCS MFs.

...when you hate building lego on the computer, but you build your next project in your mind, while you lay in bed. because otherwise you loose precious lego time!!!

( true story, for some projects my mind is a real instruction booklet, and it always works :p )

...when you sometimes wish bricks made less noise so that you can build in the middle of the night without waking your family up.

...when you sometimes wish bricks made less noise so that you can build in the middle of the night without waking your family up.

.....when they are used to that :)

When you keep a couple emergency Lego sets in the trunk of your car for in case your car breaks down in the middle of nowhere.

...When you learn that the plural form of Lego's is really Lego Bricks...

...You start to see the little studs when you close your eyes...

...You spend nearly 3 thousand dollars at a Lego convention...

...You learn what LUG, LTC, and MOC's mean...

...You build a computer case out of LEGO...

...You build a 9V train layout around your house and say Santa did it... (not as easy as you think)

...You basement becomes your Lego lair and you spend more than half of your day in the basement...

...You dream of LEGO.

...You have minifigs of yourself and at least one member of your family.

...You subscribe to multiple unofficial LEGO magazines.

...Your collection grows so rapidly, the price of new storage supplies is included in a monthly budget.

...Your heartbeat increases a lot whenever going into a LEGO store or a store selling old LEGO.

...You wish you had a LEGO room because your bedroom is so filled with it that you don't have room for non-LEGO stuff.

...You are willing to spend hours looking online for individual parts you need for a MOC.

Definitely, but then you don't get the Certificate of Authenticity that came with the original UCS MFs.

Yeah, eh, about that... :look: :look:

My mom thought it was a piece of scrap paper and threw it away... :hmpf_bad: :hmpf_bad: :hmpf_bad:

Yeah, eh, about that... :look: :look:

My mom thought it was a piece of scrap paper and threw it away... :hmpf_bad: :hmpf_bad: :hmpf_bad:

Wow... *huh*

That's too bad.

Wow... *huh*

That's too bad.

off topic- I am getting jango fett :cry_happy: :cry_happy:

on topic- you know when your mates selling lego and you hint and beg him to sell it to you ( did not happen in my case he asked me)

You know you are a fan of LEGO...

when the first thing you do in the morning is to check Eurobricks and other sites for news.

when you decide to stay at home to build a set instead of going out on a bright and sunny holiday.

...you get irritated a little when someone say that LEGO is just a kid's toy, and explaining why its not, and won't stop explaining until the other guy understand or leaving because he/she is creeped out.