Trudop561

You know you are a fan of Lego when...

After cleaning your room of lego you realize that you actually have carpet. :laugh:

you spend hours sorting pieces even though you might not even be building any creations soon. :tongue:

You cringe whenever a younger sibling/cousin/friend gets a lego set that YOU wanted even though you know they'll destroy it. :cry_sad: (My cousin always gets $100+ sets for his birthday and Christmas and always takes them apart and loses the pieces and never plays with them again, yet he still insists on getting Lego for his birthday or Christmas.) :hmpf:

You hear somebody say something wrong about lego at the store and you grab them by the shoulders, look them in the eyes and correct them, then you let them go and continue your shopping like nothing happened. :laugh:

...when your house is lit up by LEGO power function bricks...

...you have memorized the instructions for all your LEGO Star Wars UCS sets...

...you talk to your LEGOs LEGO...

Edited by Frolando22

...You wake up with a stranger in your bed, but then it turns out it's just a bunch of LEGOs. :oh:

When you can walk on top of a floor covered with loose bricks in your bare feet.

...You wake up with a stranger in your bed, but then it turns out it's just a bunch of LEGOs. :oh:

This made me think of one of the scenes from the "guess which movie" thread:

film5.png

(The Godfather. Of course.)

OK time for a few more:

...You have a LEGO screensaver.

...You build during meals.

...Eurobricks is your homepage.

...You have more pictures of LEGO on your computer than pictures of yourself, family, friends, and pets combined.

...You dream about LEGO at least once a week.

...Upon seeing a new set in a store, you feel compelled to jump up and down and scream. (Fortunately, I have never acted on this)

...when you colour your bedroom walls in Green Grocer green, Fire Brigade redish-brown curtains/duvet/cusions and Grand Emporium beige furniture!

I'm actually doing that :)

Edited by Ambo100

You know you're a fan of Lego when you roll your eyes &/or swear under your breath when someone calls it Legos! (Makes it sound like a cheap poor quality clone brand!) :laugh:

...when the first thing you do every morning is hurt your foot on a LEGO brick!

...when you know characters from films because they've been made into minifigures!

...when you can imagine what LEGO pieces real life objects and people would be made from!

You do NOT you like to give LEGO as gift because you think they might not appreciate LEGO as you do.

Edited by happymark

You know you are a fan of LEGO when....

....you can list all the current LEGO themes available.

....you accept it as a serious art form and reject both the scarves, turtlenecks and goatees, and also the ridiculous, babyish technique abbreviations like "SNOT" and "BURP". I hate artsy people but jeepers criminy, dignity much? (something that I totally lack.... YEEEEE-HAW)

....you wake up in the morning and you find them at your side in bed.

:P

Then realize what a bad mistake you have made when they rip apart your favourite set, and banish them from your room. :laugh:

or when they swallow it

You know your a true fan when you can sell your whole collection for the price of china.

Would speedily pay a ransom if someone stole your collection.

...you have a rider on your homeowners insurance to cover your LEGO collection.

:laugh:

...if you look to a building, figure out how you can build it.

So that's not just me then. :blush:

Edited by lt.Gonville brickhead

You know your a fan of LEGO when...

Upon seeing new LEGO sets for the first time, you get really excited and want to talk about them to people who don't care. :laugh:

You know you are a fan of lego when...

...when you go looking for promotional sets in an airport! :laugh:

...and you bought a ticket for a flight you aren't even going to get on, just to get into the terminal!

-When you read your minifigs bedtime stories.

-When you shout at your kid's because they called it a LEGOs and said the theme was Castles.

-When you go out to the shops to buy your wife a birthday present and notice a rare set in a window and buy that instead.

-If your name is Scorpiox and your 8400 space speeder fell in the bin (this actually happened to me) and you only stop yourself commiting suicide when you buy a new one.

...When your cat knocks a set off the shelf (Death star playset specifically) and, though you like the cat a lot, you have a strong urge to throw the cat through the window

...When you have arguments about which Space Police theme is better

...When the first thing you do in the morning (as in before brushing your teeth, going to the bathroom, eating breakfast, or occasionally before getting out of bed or turning off the alarm clock) is check for new stuff on Eurobricks and for new sales on the Brickset news section

...Friends and family don't even ask anymore what to get for your birthday/christmas because they know it's almost always just LEGO and computer stuff

...You consider moving to Billund just to be close to the LEGO factory

...Megablocks is the only word you recognize as a "Bad word"

...You consider boycotting Wikipedia because they don't write LEGO in all capitals

...You dream about LEGO at least once a week

You know your a fan of LEGO when...

Upon seeing new LEGO sets for the first time, you get really excited and want to talk about them to people who don't care. :laugh:

That's what I do all the time :laugh:

That's what I do all the time :laugh:

My wife is not into LEGO, but she is into the fact that I am into LEGO. I go on and on and she just nods at the appropriate times.

A fan of Lego when... most of your students are aware that you are the oldest Lego-maniac they know.

A fan of Lego when... you not only recognize Lego pieces on the ground, but will stop just about anything to pick one up.

A fan of Lego when... you feel out of the loop if you haven't checked Eurobricks for more than 24 hours.