Trudop561

You know you are a fan of Lego when...

Your fingers are constantly chafed by the pulling apart of plates...

When your daily routine include (not necessarily in this order)

• Wake up
  • Step on Lego part
  • Check Eurobricks
  • Look at MOCpages
  • Watch some Brickfilms
  • Check Eurobricks Again
  • Star a MOC
  • Work on MOC until 5 in the Morning.
  • Sleep
  • Repeat

I think you are a LEGO addict if your thoughts are with LEGO all day. EB and Bricklink are the most visited websites, and there are bricks everywhere.

Nice topic. :tongue:

...when you actually yell "Yes!!!" when you find the brick separator that you thought you lost...whilst you have guests you don't know very well over. :grin:

...when you go into a store for something (non-Lego) and end up buying a small (or big :hmpf:) set on impulse because you can't leave without Lego... :grin:

I hope this hasn't been done before. But...

You know you are a LEGO addict when you put part of it together in the bag because you're in too big of a hurry to wait until you get home and you don't want to lose any pieces.

I have merged your topic into this discussion. Please continue it in here.

Thanks.

You know you're a LEGO fan when the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning is grab your laptop from the side of your bed, turn it on and browse Eurobricks for an hour or two before getting up and eating breakfast. :tongue:

You know you're a LEGO fan when your Christmas Wishlist contains nothing but Lego :pir-grin:

Edited by Ratshot

...when you've memorized what AFOL, BimP, BFF, BURP(man), BYFMTWW, CLSotW, CRAPP, FBTB, FotD, GoB, ILTCO, ISD, KABOB, KFOL, LSAH, LUG, LURP, MISP, MOC, MOTD, POOP, RBR, RIS, SES, SNOT, STAMP, SPUD, TLC, and UCS stand for. (like me)

P.S. these hilarious replies make me ROTFLELSMNHASTCTCWISSTWAHPOSIMPAPAOTPJOFTEHOWTFIJSOYWIARRIAEWAINSWTHIALSHWSTCCAA

SMTJBISTSOOTNASNISL. lol

EDIT: ...when the only friends you have are the ones you met on Eurobricks. (oooooooo... burn!)

...when your teacher talks about the orient, and all you can think about is Johnny Thunder.

...when you made your house out of LEGO. (like THIS guy)

Edited by the_green_avenger

...when your teacher talks about the orient, and all you can think about is Johnny Thunder.

:laugh: :laugh:

You know when you are a fan of Lego when you come home and your mum inst surprised you bought a set. :sweet: Its happened to me on numerous occasions

You know you're a LEGO fan when the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning is grab your laptop from the side of your bed, turn it on and browse Eurobricks for an hour or two before getting up and eating breakfast. :tongue:

Yep, Im defiantly a lego fan then. :classic:

...your feet are impervious to pain from stepping on Legos so often, like me.

...some relative/friend/relatives freind/freinds relative gives you at least 2 garbage bags full of old lego

...you can find lego in any room in your house(or any other place you put your stuff in)

...you have created at least 3 minifig versions of people, adding new parts each time

...know what to do with a megablok when you see it in the dirt(if you don't know:

bury it (but not near any plants, we want to respect our enviornment)

)

p.s. FART can mean Falling Apart Really Terribly, which describes my (real and living)freind's sets/MOCs(I don't think he tries to push the peices together :tongue: )

Edited by indianajones

You know your a Lego fan when you trip and fall on your Lego and start to bleed and think...."I hope I didn't break anything".

"You know you're a fan of LEGO when..."

You actually find yourself debating the following question:

"Lego or kids college fund?"

And yes, I've actually found myself debating this exact question NUMEROUS times... my poor daughter. God I hope she gets a scholorship for something. Do they do scholorships for Lego yet?

~Chris.

... you take your kids to the LEGO store and spend more money on yourself than them.

Yeap, that's ME! Come to think of it, I've spent about 200 bucks on my daughter TOTAL for Lego (Duplo) and yet the staff at the Lego store knows her name... What does that tell ya?

Funny story that I'd like to share here.

I go into my local Lego store with my wife and daughter. For some reason, my daughter (3 years old) gets shy and hides behind my leg. She's never done that in the Lego store before. The manager looks at me and says "I wonder why she's doing that with this being like her second home and all."

My wife looks over at me with DAGGERS and repeats "Her second home huh?"

One of my friends (an employee who shall remain nameless unless he wants to respond to this) who was standing at the back of the store and knew better than to say anything was standing there with visible convulsions of laughter shaking his body... let's just say that I didn't hear the end of THAT one for a while.

Word of advice. Inform the local Lego store employees NOT to say that they know you when you go in there with your wife.

(Edit was here. Added another to it rather than add a new reply.)

"You know you're a Lego fan when..."

Your wife asks if you two are planning on getting "friendly" later that night and you make up an excuse about being tired so she'll go to sleep and you can sneak off to the Lego room.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled EB forum.

~Chris.

Edited by Chris Phipson

Funny story that I'd like to share here.

I go into my local Lego store with my wife and daughter. For some reason, my daughter (3 years old) gets shy and hides behind my leg. She's never done that in the Lego store before. The manager looks at me and says "I wonder why she's doing that with this being like her second home and all."

My wife looks over at me with DAGGERS and repeats "Her second home huh?"

One of my friends (an employee who shall remain nameless unless he wants to respond to this) who was standing at the back of the store and knew better than to say anything was standing there with visible convulsions of laughter shaking his body... let's just say that I didn't hear the end of THAT one for a while.

Word of advice. Inform the local Lego store employees NOT to say that they know you when you go in there with your wife.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

That is a funny story :tongue:

You know you're addicted to Lego when... your girlfriend buys you a couple of sets for valentines day!! :laugh::wub:

My girlfriend is (still) OK with my Lego hobby, but this is even cooler.

OK, back on topic:

You know you are a fan of Lego when...

...a friend of you points out that the money you've spent on Lego since you came out of your dark age is worth a nice city trip or a small vacation and you don't mind.

You procrastinate about cleaning up your apartment (including all the boxes/bags from sets you bought) because you want to build more LEGO. (even though your apartment is crawling with ants)

You spend hours trying to figure out if its possible to make a LEGO MOC that can do a better job at keeping you cool than your crappy pedestal fan (because your apartment doesn't have air conditioning)

When you hit 75 posts a day on EB, danger, it's been a busy day, and I'm still checking in on my Droid.

........Lego has taken over your Play room, Living room, and nearly every other flat surface in your house.

........The first person that you met on line, and then met in real life was a Eurobricks member.

........If you lose an old lego catalog in a theater in Michigan, you spend 45 minutes searching for it, and then consider asking them to stop their garbage disposal to find it.

........You bring an old Lego catalog into a theater.

........You have more friends on Eurobricks than Facebook.

........Your younger brother stopped playing with legos 10 years ago.

........You either liked the bionicle movies, or thought of how the sets differed from the figures in the movie.

~Insectoid Aristocrat