Trudop561

You know you are a fan of Lego when...

I was doing that when you went AWOL... :tongue:

AWOL?

Adult Who Organizes Lego?

You see an acronym with A, and L, and you then try to tie it into the Lego world!

When you have to go food shopping, you soften the blow by thinking you might buy an impulse Lego set!

Edited by mikey

You're 15 and convince your parents and 9 siblings to take 3 weeks and drive from MN to LEGOland California.

You stay up till 2 am to finish a MOC

When you spend the better half of your 8 hour workday, browsing the Eurobricks forum.

When you are at someone else's house and they are vacuuming, and you still visibly cringe when you hear that clunking sound of something being sucked up.

...you can tell the vintage of any piece by looking at its subtle color variations

...you are actively trying to come up with a LEGO- related acronym for FART, to complete the triumvurate with BURP and SNOT (guilty. Any suggestions?)

...you can look at pictures of upcoming lego sets and, without any prior knowledge, tell what price point they will be at.

...you know precisely how long after or before an official release time all stores within a ten mile radius stock new waves of sets

...you are completely unaware that steampunk is a literary genre, and think that it's just a theme for cool MOCs. (decidedly NOT guilty, ever)

...everyone else thought they wanted to be astronauts when they were five, but you wanted to be a lego set designer

...you have in your head the exact image of rare and esoteric parts, but have great difficulty describing them to your out-of-touch former FOL father (definitely guilty)

...you automatically calculate price-per-piece ratio for every set that you know the statistics for, adjust for what theme it's in, and pass judgement on whether or not it's priced reasonably

...you know the difference between micro scale, minifig scale, and technic fig scale, and can automatically convert any object into all three in your head

...you have made a custom chess set out of lego (guilty)

...you have a sigfig that you even use on non-lego sites

...you actually own some Znaps

I hope this hasn't been done before. But...

You know you are a LEGO addict when you put part of it together in the bag because you're in too big of a hurry to wait until you get home and you don't want to lose any pieces.

You visit stores that sell LEGO just in case they have product worth buying (new stock, old stock etc) even if you dont have any money to spend.

You have a list of items that are "buy on sight" (i.e. things you will buy if you see them new in a shop without thinking)

You sleep with your bricks :grin:

(I once went into my bed to go sleeping but there were still bricks in my bed of the building I did that day :tongue: )

you knew that there was a similar post on the site...

You know you're a LEGO addict when... you beat someone to this conclusion by a minute :grin:

..When you bother reading "You know you´re a LEGO addict when..." threads. :grin:

Edited by Dennimator

..When you bother reading "You know you´re a LEGO addict when..." threads. :grin:

...when you join more than one exclusively lego forums :wink:

You talk to your bricks more than your (wife, kids, parents, friends)

Also

You never washed your hand after you shook Kjeld christiansen's hand.

Also

You yell at me because I didn't captitalize the c in the example above

Kinda reminds me of my redneck jokes.