Trudop561

You know you are a fan of Lego when...

when you consider getting rid of your cat, because the cat can't be trusted in the same room as Lego...

i didn't put he's locked in the kitchen when Lego is about now

How evil. I'd never get rid of Cirrus. He's 16 and I've known him for all of those years. Last night my cat had a lego snake in his mouth! I didn't give him a chance to swallow it. He'd probably would have made it but the snake would be gone. :laugh: I ment to put this :blush: instead of this :hmpf:

Edited by JCC1004

You know you are a fan of Lego when your family calls you a lego nerd...

I hope that does not happen to you or anyone else on this forum. IMO, it is very harsh. :sceptic:

Though, my mum does call me obsessed in a nice manner. :laugh:

They do quite often actually. I don't mind, it is sort of true... (So maybe once or twice I was a little enthusiastic about a new MOC...) As I am nerdy in many other ways (my job, the books I read, Comics, Cartoons, Zoids, my job... it's a long list) :tongue:

You know you are a fan of LEGO when...

...you kick a Megabloks fan into a bottomless pit, yelling: "This is LEGO!" :grin:

...you get nightmares from looking at clone brand sets.

...your only fear is the return of Galidor. :sick:

... When you buy lego waffles religiously. (And if you do, THEY DON'T MAKE THEM ANY MORE! :tongue: )

... Instead of a dry erase board, you tack a baseplate on the wall and make words with Lego plates.

This is the most entertaining topic since '1000 ways to clean the dust off your sets!'

... that's not a real topic, if anyone was wondering. :laugh:

...you think holidays are more about shops that sell LEGO rather than being with family

...when you book a holiday JUST for a legoland

...when you spend more time with Lego rather than doing stuff that needs doing.

...when your in a shop that sells lego and you have bought at leats one of each set that takes up most of the display.

I got a few more:

When you are told to clean the house but sneak onto Eurobricks.

When you go fishing, hoping to find an old lego set.

When someone says the word rebel you shout battlepack.

When you try to add a when you sentance to this topic.

I`ve got one when you hope youre teachers like lego too.(only if you go too school)

And when you make a star wars blaster that actually fires.(I'm going to post it soon.)

...you know more about lego than most lego employees.

...you get a twitch when you see an illegal move.

...when i said illegal move you thought of the lego term isntead of crime.

...when you search all visiting children for lego befor there allowed to leave.

...you have lego by your bed.

...you build with the lego by your bed.

...said collection of lego by your bed is larger than most childrens whole collection.

...when you hear that the lego minifigures in the pirate tic-tac-toe are bad quaity but still buy one "just to check if its in every set".

...when you kicked a cat down stairs since it eat some lego(it was in the name of science honest, i found that they dont always land on there feet :tongue: )

...when you consider cutting the cat open to retrieve that piece.

... when the piece in question is a red 2x4 brick and your considering the above. :hmpf:

Edited by muffinman42

Okay, most were taken. but here it goes:

... When you go on holliday in the USA and spend more money in the Lego store than on your holiday

... When you start stacking Lego bought on your holliday in the empty spaces of your girlfriends / wifes suitcase

... When you need to buy an additional extra large suitcase just to bring your Lego home from your holliday

... When you need to rent a larger car on your holliday to be able to drive your Lego around from Hotel to Hotel

... When you ask a friend to ship you some Lego since your additional extra large Lego suitcase is already full

... When you buy a ridiculous amount of Lego eventhough you just noticed your Lego room at home is already stacked to the roof and you couldn't fit the sets you bought last week

... When you buy a new dinner table because you use the old one to display your castle

... When you have half of the new dinner table stacked with Lego because your Lego room is full

... When half of your storage space in the basement is taken by Lego boxes

... When your girlfriend/ wife tels your family casualy how much money you spend in the Lego store and your mother faints

... When your dad is not surprised you bought an additional extra large suitcase just to bring your Lego home

Edited by Teddy

When almost all of your art projects are made of Lego bricks

When you have hallucinations, like seeing Lego bricks instead of real bricks

When you tried to MOD your house or bedroom with Lego bricks

When your sexual fantasies are concerning Lego minifigs

When you wish to get married in a Lego shop

Everytime you're vaccuuming your heart does a hop skip and jump when you hear that klink klink sound as something shoots up the tube.

When your vaccuumcleaner dust bag is full and you cut it open in the bathtub just to make sure...

When you show up at parent teacher evenings wearing a LEGO shirt.

When you give yourself more LEGO than your kids at christmas.

When you give your kids LEGO at christmas hoping that in a year or two you can sneak pieces into your extras box that you realy need.

When you loan the money for next BL order, not knowing how you will earn it to return it!

you go to the LEGO store, find a peice laying on the ground you desprately need but cant and wont pick it up because you would never steal from a LEGO store. (mabee at wallmart...)

You know you are a fan of LEGO when you make a holy pilgrimage to one of the 4 LEGO mecca's. (LEGOLAND)

:classic:

Maybe somebody can update the first post with all the reasons thus far so we don't repeat any :laugh:

you go to the LEGO store, find a peice laying on the ground you desprately need but cant and wont pick it up because you would never steal from a LEGO store. (mabee at wallmart...)

I was at a Walmart while on vacation and there was a SW sticker sheet on the floor with two Republic insignas. It belonged to Clone Walker BP but was real funny is they didn't even have any! :laugh: Their selection was :thumbdown: I took it but it got all wrinkled in my suit case. :hmpf_bad:

... when you stay home from work to finish a Moc

... when your cat will disturb you while you're eating, sleeping, working, cooking and every other activity except while building, because she knows you won't respond while building.

... when you feel torn between your best freinds (who you havent seen for two years because he lives overseas) invitation to his daughters first birthday and your monthly LUG meeting

the sad part is they're all true :tongue:

...When you have to promise your parents/significant other that you wont buy LEGO whenever you go to the shops because you "have enough"

...While doing a late night build and thinking you cleaned everything off your bed when going to sleep then in the morning you wake up surrounded by bricks

...When you fake being sick to avoid going to your nephews b'day party so you can finish off your latest MOC. (I'm guilty of that :blush::grin: )

When you start sacrificing animals and small children to the Lego Gods

I was doing that when you went AWOL... :tongue: