Trudop561

You know you are a fan of Lego when...

...when you hear a child say "Look Mommy, I found a LEGO piece on the ground", you run to him (/her) and say "Oh, I think that was mine, thanks" and take the piece (or Star Wars fig :grin: ) from him. :tongue::blush:

Thats what I do to my brothers :blush: .

You spend over $40 on a single figure

...When you buy a vintage set MISB just to ensure the parts aren't messed up. (Guilty :blush: )

EDIT: Or when you get exited to see a tiny little piece of plastic in some antique cabinet. (Yesterday)

Edited by booger540

..When you by a crappy comic book just to get that small exclusive LEGO set (or the figure) coming with it. :blush:

....all of you muscle mass comes from lifting and moving massive LEGO buckets.

....you auction off your sister to be able to go to Brickworld 2010. :tongue:

....you auction off your sister to be able to go to Brickworld 2010. :tongue:

Er..

A while I wondered where all my rare pieces were, they disappeared all the time.. until I saw my dear sis trying to put them on eBay. :oh::angry:

Happily. Happily! :tongue:

..When you by a crappy comic book just to get that small exclusive LEGO set (or the figure) coming with it. :blush:

I did that TWICE to get the yet-to-be-released new clonetrooper :vader: stupid battlepacks...

I have another one.

....you find LEGO fig pieces and bricks in your pockets.

That happened to me when I put my jeans on this morning. I found Jango's legs and two of those trans clear discs.

When you yell at kids for taking stuff from your cart. (Guilty. I once swore when a little kid took the last "on-sale" Axalara T9. Now I have to buy it at full price! *oh2*

... when you dream of finding MISB 80s town sets (priced accordingly) on the shelf of a small toy shop.

... when you dream of finding MISB 80s town sets (priced accordingly) on the shelf of a small toy shop.

A store near where I live has MISB vintage sets (fabuland, monorail, some town sets, etc). The prices are however... not so dream-like. :tongue:

Edited by Dennimator

... you spent hours perfecting a MOC and want to show it off to somebody, and you freak out because they pick it up and it completely falls apart in their hands because they grabbed it in the wrong spot.

Happened to me several times.

... you spent hours perfecting a MOC and want to show it off to somebody, and you freak out because they pick it up and it completely falls apart in their hands because they grabbed it in the wrong spot.

Happened to me several times.

Dude I would be all like:

crazy.jpg

When you dream about buying lego sets that are not set that have been made. For me it is mostly Star wars sets and the ships are not even ships from Star wars... Then I wake up and am sad because I can't buy them :cry_sad:

You know you are a fan of LEGO when . . .

You look at every building, car, and statue in the real world and try to think how best you would build it :laugh:

You stop by every toy section of every store you go to, even if you know they have nothing you want :hmpf:

You buy the Comic Con LEGO exclusive, despite it being $50 and worth less than $20 in parts or minifigs

You want LEGO Rock Band (and will buy it), even though you know that it means you have to buy another game system than the one you have. :sceptic:

When you dream about buying lego sets that are not set that have been made. For me it is mostly Star wars sets and the ships are not even ships from Star wars... Then I wake up and am sad because I can't buy them :cry_sad:

Haha are you serious ? This happens to me all the time !!!

You know you are a fan of Lego (technic) when: you can immediately recognise the length of any axle or beam, without measuring it!

You know you are a fan of Lego (technic) when: you can immediately recognise the length of any axle or beam, without measuring it!

Dude, I´m not a fan of TECHNIC, but I´ve been able to do that since I was 8-9 years old! :tongue:

Dude, I´m not a fan of TECHNIC, but I´ve been able to do that since I was 8-9 years old! :tongue:
Same here. :grin:

I've been measuring all distances in studs ever since I was 3. :grin:

You know you are a fan of LEGO when . . .

you try your hardest to think of something witty topost on a topic called 'you know your a fan of lego when...' but fail :classic:

...when you get into a fistfight with some guy outside a Lego store because he cut the checkout line at a grand opening and the guy in front of you grabbed the last exclusive.

...when you get into a fistfight in the Lego store with a little kid for the last piece on the PAB wall.

..when you get into a fistfight with the Lego store employee who's trying to kick you out for beating up a little kid.

Well, OK, that was sort of tongue-in-cheek. I only had a heated discussion with the guy, I was negotiating with the store employee, and the little kid had it coming. Uh..I mean...don't get into fights, kids.

sigh* So many times i have dreamed that i just received a large ammount of LEGO sets that dont realy exist but are still cool and by the time i get to even opening the box i wake up :cry_sad:

1. You make a purchase on bricklink exclusively for your cats as you know one loves 3 mm hoses (discovered several times while building and she'd jump in the box and take out the hoses) and the other loves standard helmets (she doesn't like the old style helmets, for whatever reason she doesn't enjoy picking them up, dropping them and batting them around the floor, perhaps it's the more spherical shape of the newer helmets allowing greater movemnet when pushed around).

2. You over-analyse your pets' like of certain Lego parts.

Edited by hewman

I thought of some new ones:

When you say how stupid lego is and then look at your favourite lego website.

When you fight with yourself over why you put your favourite piece in a safe place where nobody would find it then you lose it yourself because that place is too safe

When you have a lego wallpaper and have done for at least a couple of weeks.

Edited by Eskallon