Trudop561

You know you are a fan of Lego when...

...when you can proudly say, "i'm buying this for myself" when paying a set in chasier, despite being an adult.

When you obsess over the first model to build in your new studio. I finally built the Fire Brigade (10197), and it was a great build! Also a wonderful inauguration for my new studio.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

When the only point of sightseeing is not the interest in / admiration of the object you are viewing but how could you build it out of lego bricks.

When you phone your home insurance company & have a seperate section on the policy to cover your Lego collection & the valuation set is £3000!

When your wife asks

"How many pieces of Lego do you have in here, anyway?"

And you answer

"Have a guess"

And she replies with a number AN ORDER OF MAGNITUDE LOWER THAN WHAT IT ACTUALLY IS

And you say with a wobbly voice

"That's p-r-e-t-t-y close."

And then you rapidly change the topic....

your gf bans you from spending any more money on legos, but teases me by letting me go into the lego store in the mall

Hi, you know when your a fan of lego when..

- You have brought over ten reasonably sized sets.

- You have that bit of motivation inside you that wants to buy Lego, build Lego etc.

When you tell your parents that you need snacks from Walmart but really just spend a good 10 minutes in the Lego aisle.

I still end up getting chips so I'm not sure if this one works as well.

When you have to store new LEGO sets in the trunk (boot) of your car because your house, basement, and garage are full of you know what!

Fan of Lego When:

1. you attempt to kill your parents after they knock over your expensive LEGO display with the vacuum cleaner

2. you destroy the vacuum cleaner when it sucks up your favorite minifigure.

3. you get your credit card canceled due to buying too many LEGO sets and not having enough money to pay the bills.

4. you sacrifice your power, water, and electronics for LEGO.

5. You throw your cousin out of the window and attempt to kill him, after he/she destroys your entire LEGO room.

6. You kill your cat in a fight, after it eats your entire LEGO minifigure collection and smashes all of your sets.

7. you get kicked out of every LEGO store due to buying every set that was on the shelves.

8. You buy every LEGO set on the store's shelves

9. Get arrested by the police for being selfish by buying every LEGO set in the store.

10. Get beat up by a army of kids in the store, due to being selfish and buying their favorite LEGO sets.

11. Get sent to jail by buying every LEGO set in the store.

12. you sell your family for more LEGO money

Some more I thought of:

When you spend hours and visit many different stores just to find the exact size of plastic storage container you need because the current container holding a particular size of brick is now too small for the amount of that part you have.

When you spend the equivalent of an entire weeks rent on LEGO in a single day (obviously spending the actual rent money on LEGO would be stupid, bit hard to manage a massive LEGO collection if you are homeless :)

When you start wishing LEGO had a credit card that gave points for all your non-LEGO spending that you could use st Shop @ Home and LEGO stores to buy more LEGO (and think that such a card would be much better than a card that gave frequent flyer points)

When you go walking around the neighborhood and stare at everyone's houses looking for ideas for your next house MOC

When you watch lifestyle shows on TV to get ideas for MOCs

When you consider replacing your kitchen table with one sized to the LUG table specs so you can do an entire table worth of MOCs for the next show but have to abandon the idea because your kitchen is too small.

When you have so much LEGO that you have to look up on Bricklink to find out if you own a certain piece or not (and how many) so you know where in your storage system it needs to go (i.e. are the 4 of this part I just found in my unsorted LEGO the only 4 I own or are there more in my storage somewhere)

When the only point of sightseeing is not the interest in / admiration of the object you are viewing but how could you build it out of lego bricks.

You do that to?

…when your feet are hardended from stepping on bricks. (I hate that feeling)

You spend an hour deciding what sets you want to buy at the Lego shop because everything looks too cool!

You spend an hour deciding what sets you want to buy at the Lego shop because everything looks too cool!

How about when you spend an hour at the Lego shop trying out different packing strategies for the PAB cups because you're cheap/skint?

How about when you spend an hour at the Lego shop trying out different packing strategies for the PAB cups because you're cheap/skint?

Haha happened to me! But you know when you buy a PAB set and then you're like 'Man I really want another set to go with this!' and then you just go round looking for something of a reasonable size.

You know your a fan of Lego when:

1. your at the store, and the first aisle you go to is the LEGO aisle.

2. You nag your parents to buy you a cool new Lego set everytime you go out to the store.