Trudop561

You know you are a fan of Lego when...

... When you start thinking about how a person would look as a minifigure in a MOC.

...When you're working on a Lego project and a piece falls on the floor and (without seeing it) you can tell the size & shape of the piece by the sound it makes on impact (and subsequent bounces).

As in: "Ooops! That was a 1x6 plate" or "Ooops! That was a 1x3 brick" or "Ooops! That was a 2x3 low-slope"

(My kids and grand kids love to play this game with me -- the younger ones just don't understand why I can't also tell the color in this way)

--Mr Bill

...When you're working on a Lego project and a piece falls on the floor and (without seeing it) you can tell the size & shape of the piece by the sound it makes on impact (and subsequent bounces).

As in: "Ooops! That was a 1x6 plate" or "Ooops! That was a 1x3 brick" or "Ooops! That was a 2x3 low-slope"

(My kids and grand kids love to play this game with me -- the younger ones just don't understand why I can't also tell the color in this way)

--Mr Bill

Whoa that's pretty impressive. And I thought that knowing the type of brick without counting studs was good :laugh:

When you refuse to turn away from Eurobricks or Bricklink to reply to your sopuse's SMS.

When you plan to buy LEGO for your spouse's birthday (and get yelled at for that!)

Another: When someone gives you a Lego set for your birthday and says, "I didn't know if you had this one... Tell me you don't already have it" and you really don't care because you need/want the parts anyway.

--Mr Bill

When you watch "Downton Abbey" and start figuring out how one would go about building it out of LEGO. :blush:

When you watch a movie with minifigures based on the characters of that movie (Avengers, Harry Potter, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc...) :grin:

You get stuck in revolving door after a spree at a Lego Store. (happened to me before)

You step on a brick with your bare foot, and the first thing you do is make sure the piece isn't broken.

You search for apartments with an extra bedroom so you can have space to display your collection.

The thought of a child playing with your collection terrifies you.

When you spend 120eu on Lego sets on amazon , but you can't find spare cash and time to buy new slippers as current ones are half eaten by your two sausage dogs.

This is in my future. I'm on my third week of recovery from a kidney transplant. I'm convinced a nice little shopping spree of LEGO will speed my recovery ten fold. I'm waiting for 2x VIP time though.

Wow! Just wow! Somehow I missed this post earlier. Congratulations! I hope all is going well. I will email you soon.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

When you quit habits like smoking and alcohol, not to improve your health, but to have more money for LEGO.

When you quit coffee and sell your coffee maker so you'll have more money for LEGO.

When you teach yourself to crave less, and you eat less, and drop snacks altogether, not to lose weight, but to be able to put more money toward more LEGO.

You quit all beverages except H2O, so you have more money for LEGO.

Whenever you need a new car, appliance, tool, etc., you buy used, so not to cut too deeply into your LEGO budget.

When you learn to fix things yourself, so you save even more money over replacement, and reward yourself with LEGO sets.

You trade your petrol car for one that runs on diesel, and convert it to run on waste veggie oil, transforming most of your fuel budget into an extension of your LEGO budget.

Or you have your machinist friend build you a joe cell, and you use that to power your car, eliminating your auto fuel need altogether.

And reward that achievement with a trip to LEGOLand.

When you set up a joe cell-powered generator to power your house, so you can buy more LEGO instead of electric.

When you've considered stripping every unused electrical circuit from your house, and selling the copper wires to buy that LEGO set you always wanted.

You download music for free, not because there's oodles of free legally-obtainable tunes online, but because the space you would use for storing CDs, you would rather use for storing/displaying LEGO instead. and not buying iTunes and the like, frees yet more moolah for more LEGO bricks.

When you clear you garage and shed of every piece of equipment you think you don't need, and sell it so you can load up at the PaB wall.

When you exploit your other hobbies (Into woodworking? Build furniture or other things your can sell) so you have more Brick Bucks.

When you clear you garage and shed of every piece of equipment you think you don't need, and sell it so you can load up at the PaB wall.

When you exploit your other hobbies (Into woodworking? Build furniture or other things your can sell) so you have more Brick Bucks.

While all your ideas (obsessions) sound intereting, the last 2 peaked my interest.

The personal PAB wall sounds like an intereting way to store LEGO for MOCs and it seems it would fun to have your own PAB wall. Now if I can just figure out a way to implement something like this. ??? Hmmmm.....

The woodworking idea has also hit me, not to sell stuff, but to custom build a LEGO build table, display space and storage space (like a custom credenza). But I don't have the tools or space and my woodworking experience is too many years without practice. Maybe I need to find someone with tools and time and space to help me re-learn woodworking so I can build new LEGO work/storage space.

I guess all this is another example of "you know you are a fan of LEGO".

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

When you quit habits like smoking and alcohol, not to improve your health, but to have more money for LEGO.

When you quit coffee and sell your coffee maker so you'll have more money for LEGO.

When you teach yourself to crave less, and you eat less, and drop snacks altogether, not to lose weight, but to be able to put more money toward more LEGO.

You quit all beverages except H2O, so you have more money for LEGO.

Whenever you need a new car, appliance, tool, etc., you buy used, so not to cut too deeply into your LEGO budget.

When you learn to fix things yourself, so you save even more money over replacement, and reward yourself with LEGO sets.

You trade your petrol car for one that runs on diesel, and convert it to run on waste veggie oil, transforming most of your fuel budget into an extension of your LEGO budget.

Or you have your machinist friend build you a joe cell, and you use that to power your car, eliminating your auto fuel need altogether.

And reward that achievement with a trip to LEGOLand.

When you set up a joe cell-powered generator to power your house, so you can buy more LEGO instead of electric.

When you've considered stripping every unused electrical circuit from your house, and selling the copper wires to buy that LEGO set you always wanted.

You download music for free, not because there's oodles of free legally-obtainable tunes online, but because the space you would use for storing CDs, you would rather use for storing/displaying LEGO instead. and not buying iTunes and the like, frees yet more moolah for more LEGO bricks.

Woah man, that's some serious fanage :laugh: . How big would you say your budget is after all that?

The personal PAB wall sounds like an intereting way to store LEGO for MOCs and it seems it would fun to have your own PAB wall. Now if I can just figure out a way to implement something like this. ??? Hmmmm.....

"load up at the PaB wall" was another way of saying "Buy more LEGO".

A personal PaB wall, however, sounds like something to have if you build commissioned projects, like the LEGO Professionals.

Give it a Splat!

Is it weird that most of those things splatman stated, I do already, but not to increase my LEGO budget, but to help pad the regular savings/budget overall.

You know you are a fan of Lego when. . .

. . you look at pictures of a new lego set for hours to see how many new pieces there are

. . you go to garage sales specifically just to find any type of Lego on sale.

. . you feel CM packets even though you got all the ones you wanted just to test out your skill

. . you stop through your build to admire a new Lego piece. :blush:

. . you complain about how expensive a set is but still find yourself buying it. :rofl:

You know you are a fan of Lego when. . .

. . you complain about how expensive a set is but still find yourself buying it. :rofl:

This was/is me when it comes to TRU and markups. I don't know how much extra money I've spent at that store. Yet, I find myself going back time and time again.

When you and the wife discuss some new furniture for your LEGO studio and you wind up deciding to rip the room down to the painted walls, put in built-in cabinets and a built-in work table and carpet around them. You get an estimate and it looks like it will cost a boat-load and she has to talk you into it. I guess I'm the fan of LEGO, and she's the fan of me. Oh, yeah, the computer will take up too much build space on the table, so you also need a new laptop.

The only bad thing is my studio will be torn up and out of comission for a couple of weeks (bummer).

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

... you do a happy dance when you find that long lost piece under the carpet.

This actually happened with my Boba Fett helmet.

.... When you skip out on your senior formal to buy a bulk pack of ship parts for a ship that's more important and will create better memories... and you can still call ships "she"...

when the bank calls and cancels your credit card.

when everything around you looks like a world built out of lego.

when you count every single brick of lego you own only to find out that you forgot about all the Star Wars sets.

when you see your first lego brick.

You know you are a fan of Lego

when surfing Internet ,the first site to browse is Eurobricks ,brickshelf ,and any web sites relating Lego.