Trudop561

You know you are a fan of Lego when...

... when you look at other themes and you really want to expand your collection.

... when you have to resist sticking to 1-2 themes that you really like.

... when you finally give in and plunge yourself intocollecting other themes.

This is the worst. I wasn't planning on buying Alien Conquest, Pharaohs Quest or Monster Fighters. I now own all of each theme. I'm going to attempt to stay away from The Lone Ranger, but will probably fail miserably.

When you want to create a city park and remember you gave your nephew a football/soccer set and call them to see if they still have the football/soccer baseplates.

You resent giving the sets you bought as birthday presents to your nephews

You have your 45th birthday and fall into a depression because nobody gave you Lego as a birthday present

You train your dog to sniff out certain parts in your bucket of unsorted parts

You insist on having the largest room in the house as your bedroom so that you can fit all your Lego, your computer desk and your bed and a sofa so that you don't have to go to another room to reach your Lego and can position your bed so that you can reach your Lego during the night.

Every transaction on your credit card bills for the last ten years is Lego

You wish your house was made of Lego so you could reconfigure it at will

You find yourself inserting Lego based comments into every conversation you have with everyone you know

You plan your funeral and include the provisos that all your Lego be buried with you and that your casket be made out of Lego

I hadn't considered using a PB jar for sorting, but I suppose it would work and it is clear. What pieces do you put in them?

Plates and bricks, mainly, but also some other pieces. In fact if I had enough jars I'd probably store almost everything in them - but I don't have enough...

You know you are a fan of LEGO when...

You have a rage because you only got 3 LEGO sets for Christmas even though almost everything on your Christmas list was LEGO.

Edited by Star Wars NutJob 69

when you have the perception that LEGO is the best thing ever made in the history of human mankind and everything else is just meh.

when you plan on to collect 1 complete set for every theme and you end up army building everything.

...when you accidentally stepped on some LEGO bricks bare-footed and then apologise to the bricks, fearing that they might have got hurt.

Definitely.

Mine: When you spend more money on Legos than anything else. (Not very funny.) :cry_sad:

This is the worst. I wasn't planning on buying Alien Conquest, Pharaohs Quest or Monster Fighters. I now own all of each theme. I'm going to attempt to stay away from The Lone Ranger, but will probably fail miserably.

Exactly. Initially I was into Western and Castle themes. Now that I am exposed to DC Comics, Marvel and Star Wars, I am trying very hard to resist those great looking sets. Maybe I should buy a few small sets for a start... :grin:

Speaking of finding LEGO on the ground, I found a Support 2 x 2 x 10 Girder Triangular Vertical in dk bley the other day just sitting there. Didn't pick it up because it was dirty and bent/damaged.

Thought of a better one: When you curse stickers. :grin:

Speaking of finding LEGO on the ground, I found a Support 2 x 2 x 10 Girder Triangular Vertical in dk bley the other day just sitting there. Didn't pick it up because it was dirty and bent/damaged.

I found Cole's golden scythe just lying on the ground, in perfect condition, a couple years back. Now I have three... :tongue:

last year I found a child's sock stuffed with various pieces while walking past some waste ground on my way to the train station. One of those Ninjago snake staffs with a trans green 1x1 tile on it was the best item. Also a Toy Story Jessie keyring in almost new condition which I gave to my neice. The rest was pretty much junk. However it was a Toy Story army guy hand that alerted me to the stash. My eyes must be attuned to spotting tiny Lego pieces.

Here's some that I found happening to me;

... When you look at your bookmark bar and all of it is Lego related.

... When still find yourself in the Lego isle every time you visit a store (if the store has one).

When you wake up in hospital after an operation, and ask yourself "whether buying some LEGO will aid my recovery".

When you leave hospital and try to convince the person taking you home to stop so you can purchase LEGO.

Both these happened to me this week, I think I have a problem.

When you wake up in hospital after an operation, and ask yourself "whether buying some LEGO will aid my recovery".

When you leave hospital and try to convince the person taking you home to stop so you can purchase LEGO.

Both these happened to me this week, I think I have a problem.

This is in my future. I'm on my third week of recovery from a kidney transplant. I'm convinced a nice little shopping spree of LEGO will speed my recovery ten fold. I'm waiting for 2x VIP time though.

When you're having a mild allergic reaction overseas (after visiting Legoland and a TRU) and you tell your worried parents that if they let you build one of your new sets you will feel fine. (And you do)

When you can't bring yourself to throw away a single brick even though it's discolored and looks like it's been chewed on.

I know the feeling. I have a bag of bricks that look like they have traveled through the digestive system of a dinosaur and I still can't get myself to throw them away :wink:

When you're about to go for lunch and think "$10 bucks for lunch? That's $10 bucks that could buy 2 minifgs.." and you end up going hungry.

This is in my future. I'm on my third week of recovery from a kidney transplant. I'm convinced a nice little shopping spree of LEGO will speed my recovery ten fold. I'm waiting for 2x VIP time though.

Legocrazy 81,

GOOD LUCK! Hope your kidney transplant is successful and that you are feeling better.

A few LEGO sets definitely speed up recovery from any surgery; this worked for me after both of my knees were replaced during the past five years. I stockpiled sets before surgery and made sure that I could reach the parts needed to build things during recovery when walking was not easy.

Watching funny films on netflix also helped because humor has quite a healing affect.

Our fingers are crossed for your quick recovery.

When your friends are either aware (or not aware) that you're a bit of a Lego nut/fan, and they say "it'd be cool if they made that in Lego/as a Lego set" and your response is "Oh yeah, they have, I've got it already." (Also tells you that you've probably spent a little TOO much money on this hobby)

Edited by Canada_7

.... when people realize when you say "LEGO" in its plural form, they ask you if that's correct and you give them a grammatical explanation for it's plural....ness?

..... when you make a disgusted face when somebody mixes MegaBlocks in with LEGO.

.... When you have an easier time explaining something through a MOC then instructions on paper.

Local shop owners start frowning when they see you because they know they can never make much profit from you, because you know the MSRP of every Lego set that interests you along with every local sale, and they know they can never make a profit from you with the tiny margin LEGO allows them to have.

...you are (currently) obessed with the Legends of Chima theme to the point that you have dreams about the theme.

Edited by Good Cragger Fan