Trudop561

You know you are a fan of Lego when...

...you get irritated a little when someone say that LEGO is just a kid's toy, and explaining why its not, and won't stop explaining until the other guy understand or leaving because he/she is creeped out.

I know it all too well... :hmpf::tongue:

Edited by General Magma

I can't believe how many of these apply to me! Anyway, the ones that most apply to me are...

... See a structure and think, I could build that out of LEGO.

... Have a room dedicated to LEGO.

... Buy parts on PaB or Bricklink because you think they "may" be useful with no idea how you plan to use them.

... Buy sets for a few interesting parts, then don't part he set out, just because... (fill in the blanks, we've all got our excuses, er valid reasons)

... Have a stack of unopened lego sets, keep buying more, even if you had time to build them all you would not have room to display them.

... Have to keep buying storage containers for loose pieces and you are running out of room in your closet in your room dedicated to LEGO.

... Took LEGO sets on a cruise with your wife to part out and build a MOC, then did it. (I just did that).

Regularly attend 12 step program meetings dedicated to LEGO addiction. Remember, the first step is addmiting you have a problem... But, none of us have a problem with LEGO, we can quit anytime we want, we just don't want to quit. And this is why 12 step programs dedicated to LEGO addiction do not exist (do they?)

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

- When you plan out your entire LEGO budget for the whole year right after Toyfair.

- When you think of building a LEGO "Downton Abbey".

- When you never buy clothes or music or movies with your money, only LEGO.

- When you are the first in line to any great LEGO clearance or sale.

- When you decide walk in to the LEGO store for the 1000th time and admire all the sets on display even though you've got all the sets at home.

...You spend an hour or more riding a bus (even when there might be faster ways to get from where it starts to where it goes and even when you dont really need to go where the bus is going) because you want to replicate that particular model of bus in LEGO and you need to take photographs of it/get ideas.

...You spend ages at a bus station or riding on the system so you can find the specific model of bus you have just made and compare your LEGO model to the real thing to make sure you got it right.

...You are on holidays in another state and you happen to visit a LEGO retailer and see the new sets on the shelf and then immediately post on Eurobricks to let everyone know the new sets are available just so you can claim to be the first person to post that the sets have arrived

...You sit on the bus going home staring at the LEGO you have just bought trying to resist the urge to build it right then and there

...You lose a piece from a MOC while you are out showing it to other people and you spend ages looking for it rather than risk going home without it even if it means catching a later bus than you would have caught (this happened to me once when I lost my only "Road Sign Clip-on 2 x 2 Octagon with STOP Pattern" off a School Bus MOC I had built and I spent ages finding it on the ground and eventually found it)

...You spend so much time sorting out/building with/messing with/searching through your LEGO collection that you start to feel worn out and then you wonder if you can count what you just did as "Exercise" if its worn you out. (and you wonder if there is a way to calculate how much calories/fat/sugar/energy you burned in doing all that LEGO work)

...You spend ages outside a fire station hoping the trucks need to go somewhere so you can get a better look at them as references for a fire truck MOC

... when you start replacing "a girl can never have enough shoes" with "a girl can never have enough LEGO".

:blush: A lot of these apply to me as well...

You know you're a fan of LEGO..

..When the only websites you look at online are LEGO-related.

..When you have a minifigure of yourself and family (one in Licensed skin tone and one in yellow skin tone).

..When you can notice when something is askew with your pieces/figures storage.

..When you routinely check the floors to make sure there are no loose pieces before you clean, even if you haven't built in that room before.

..When you find random LEGO pieces in your pants pocket and you forgot when you put it in there.

..When you're the only grown up amongst a sea of kids looking at the CMFs.

..When you look at buildings and can picture which pieces to use in your head instead of focusing on the road.

..When you see the world in LEGO bricks.

When you enjoy so much continue reading this thread. :laugh:

when you plan on visiting the 10 (or 12 depending on whether they are open for business) Uk Lego stores as part of your summer holiday....

I can't believe how many of these apply to me! Anyway, the ones that most apply to me are...

... See a structure and think, I could build that out of LEGO.

... Have a room dedicated to LEGO.

... Buy parts on PaB or Bricklink because you think they "may" be useful with no idea how you plan to use them.

... Buy sets for a few interesting parts, then don't part he set out, just because... (fill in the blanks, we've all got our excuses, er valid reasons)

... Have a stack of unopened lego sets, keep buying more, even if you had time to build them all you would not have room to display them.

... Have to keep buying storage containers for loose pieces and you are running out of room in your closet in your room dedicated to LEGO.

Andy D

Check.

...when you are absolutly devastated NOT getting one of those chrome red VIP key Chains

but

...feeling absolutly relieved when you found one in your post box the day before Valentines Day!!!

...when the first thing you think about when you see a peanut butter jar is how fast you can eat it so you can use the jar for sorting...

I hadn't considered using a PB jar for sorting, but I suppose it would work and it is clear. What pieces do you put in them?

... when you look at other themes and you really want to expand your collection.

... when you have to resist sticking to 1-2 themes that you really like.

... when you finally give in and plunge yourself intocollecting other themes.

When you enter a shop with no need, will or desire to purchase LEGO, but cannot leave the toy aisle until at least one set is in your basket.

... when you cannot stop looking at the new Castle and Western and other toy fair pictures and wished you can buy them all right now.

Edited by TheAshTree

...when you find and pick up one single piece of lego on the street (no matter which destroyed it is), and you come back to check several times on that street, just to try find another lego brick.

...when you enjoy more find a lego brick on the street than money

...when you start to change in your mind the real structures with lego bricks

... when you know which CMF is in the bag, and you "try" to help a kid on the store... just to keep to yourself that glorious minifig you want, but that silly boy finds first! ( :devil::laugh: )

...when you spend more time on LDD than in the internet, but when you get into internet, you do just to search on eurobricks or bricklink

When after a tough day at work, you don't head down to the pub, you head down to the local Lego store to drown your sorrows in the bricks.

Yea, that's my Friday evening at least once a month... :wink: