cottonwood

The End Of Market Street

The acclaimed Factory Model 10190 Market Street is no where to be found on LegoShop.com. Is this the end of the line for Market Street? Does this mean Lego will taking the other Modular Houses off of production soon as well? Or is this just a mistake? Only time will tell.

http://shop.lego.com/Product/Factory/Default.aspx?cn=301

Judgement day is upon us.

EDIT- I am frightened because of my theory that the other sets will soon disappear. Also troubling is the fact that I missed out on Market Street. Thanks

Edited by cottonwood

Hopefully, the parts are just out of stock, it's happened before. It seems that the Custom Car Garage is gone, too.

Ah, but see Market Street a has been listed as out of stock for a while.

Market Street has been around for two years now, so it wouldn't really be surprising or "frightening" if they discontinue it. :tongue:

The worst case of a major set in recent times was probably the 8275 Bulldozer, which was pulled off S@H in the US after only about 8 months. :cry_sad: I think it was available longer in other countries.

Edited by CP5670

Hopefully, the parts are just out of stock, it's happened before. It seems that the Custom Car Garage is gone, too.

But Custom Garage was on sale some time ago - that´s no wonder it disappeared now.

Market Street never was on sale, so there´s hope.

(I wouldn´t wonder if this is the first of the modular buildings, (exactly it is a factory set, not even a modular building) to leave the shops.)

Market Street has been around for two years now, so it wouldn't really be surprising or "frightening" if they discontinue it.

It possibly could be frightening for those who were planning on buying a copy but haven't did so. I was in time, I got mine not even 2 weeks before I noticed price increase. I'm not surprised if it would be gone.

I think that Market Street is gone for good, that's usually the case when an item is listed as sold out for a while.

Cafe Corner probably has a couple of months left, and I wouldn't expect Green Grocer to disappear for another year, since it's a 2008 set.

The worst case of a major set in recent times was probably the 8275 Bulldozer, which was pulled off S@H in the US after only about 8 months. :cry_sad: I think it was available longer in other countries.

7679 Republic Fighter Tank was available for less than 3 months. Stop reminding me! :pir_bawling:

Interesting timing - I'm just finishing off my modification/kitting out of Market Street atm (photos soon). I'm intending to kit out CC and GG too and add one custom building (it will have to be mostly tan and I need windows).

Market Street is perhaps not as impressive as the non-Factory modular buildings, but it is/was very good value, has quite a nice design and fits in a streetscape with the others, and is nice colours too.

You still can order the set in parts of Lego Factory (By the people who made it originally on LDD)

Yes you are right, in fact I used some of these parts in my latest LDD MOC. I am extremely confused

It possibly could be frightening for those who were planning on buying a copy but haven't did so. I was in time, I got mine not even 2 weeks before I noticed price increase. I'm not surprised if it would be gone.

Yes. I am one of those. I was planning to buy it, for a long time now. But the recent price increase has made me think not to buy it. My only hope is that LEGO will restock them, so I can get them at the normal price again. I don't say I didn't had a chance to buy it, I had many chances, but I wanted it cheap. Seems like I should have bought it right away. :hmpf_bad:

Yep, Market Street is gone. It lasted alot longer than most Factory exclusives, so that's a good thing, but there's no need to freak out about it being discontinued. If you want a cafe corner, I would get one soon, as I seriously doubt that it will make it through the end of the year.

As for ordering Market street, through factory, can someone explain this? I don't think you can, because alot of the pieces needed for MStreet are no longer part of the PAB palete.

If a set has just recently been discontinued, you can usually still find it on ebay and BL for around the original price. I got my 8275 like that. Although a set like Market Street might be more expensive since it was a S@H exlcusive.

What really stinks is that I have not bought any of these due to lack of funds, but I want to buy them.

I hope Cafe Corner will still be in stores by the holiday season, that would be my best chance to get one.

According to an employee at a local Lego store here, Market Street has been out of production since April.

If you want a cafe corner, I would get one soon, as I seriously doubt that it will make it through the end of the year.

Interestingly, in Europe and the rest of the world, both Cafe Corner and Green Grocer are currently backordered until 20th August. This usually means that S@H is out of stock and the sets are going into a new production cycle. It may well be that the new batch of sets produced for Cafe Corner is the last lot though.

I just have to tease and say I got three Market Streets. Two are still in box, and the third I started to do a MOC with, but kind of got stuck.

I don't think Market Street has been a big seller like CC or GG. Remember that different products have different life-times.

You still can order the set in parts of Lego Factory (By the people who made it originally on LDD)

Really? I've tried to do that and LDD gave me a warning that not all parts were available trough Lego Factory and therefore the system could not calculate a price. I've used the LXF files found on the Factorysite.

For me it isn't necessary anymore though, I've bought one via Ebay yesterdayevening :classic:

Yes, Market Street is gone. It's harsh to say it for Modular Houses fan. :cry_sad: But I bought it on polish auction website for only 35 polish złotys (+/-10 $) more expensive than that one on ShopAtHome (counting costs of shipping)! :classic: