1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

indexed.gif

Hey,

So while my brothers out of town, I picked this up, I was on a late night shopping trip at a local store, Moore wilsons, Getting boxes to sort our collection.

Anywho, I saw this on the self, and though, 'sweet' i mean, I need some more C.I.S vehicles, I didn't really look it over, so when I opened it I was stoked to see 2 jetpacks! The set looks small but is only about 1-2 studs shorter than the older one. There are many pro's and cons as far as the two sets go, this one has not trand orange, but also has no wookies, anywho, onto the reveiw.

I've got in progress shots of it being built, sorry about where they're taken. I honestly couldn't be bothered setting up a place for them.

The box:

DSC00852.jpg

DSC00853.jpg

Pretty simple, It's got the new Clone wars box design on it.

It's also got the new sets on the back, and some pictures of the features.

The peices and the instructions:

DSC00854.jpg

DSC00856.jpg

As you can see it comes in 3 plastic bags, while the big disc plates are seperate.

The new jetpacks are cool, and with foure figures, it's fairly decent.

The tank droid:

DSC00860.jpg

The main body is really sturdy, nothing like the old one, The is also no room for a droid inside it, another good feature!

DSC00863.jpg

The top 'runner' for the track attached, The whole framework utilizes technique and bricks well.

DSC00864.jpg

The plates attached: They're really sturdy, and look much better when they're not trans orange.

DSC00865.jpg

Demonstrating how the 'pontoons' can move.

DSC00866.jpg

Jumping on a bit, and the eyes make use of the rightangle back peices, the techique bit holds the 'guns'

DSC00868.jpg

And finaly the guns attached, I did it differently to the book, and the flcik fire missle system, is again, a failure..

DSC00870.jpg

And the final shots. The 'tread' actually fits this time, and there are only 56? or 54? peices of tread opposed to the other ones 69 peices.

DSC00871.jpg

DSC00872.jpg

Stat's:

Ages: 7-12

Number: 7748

Pieces:216

Time taken (including photos): 30 mintues

Price, NZD: $42

Minifigures: 4

Rating:

Time: 5/10 quick build

Structure:8/10 sturdy and compact

Pieces:9/10 Jetpacks are awesome and I might get another one for parts!

Design: 7/10 I hate flick fire missles..

Box: 9/10 I like it.

Final score 38/50

I'd recommend it, it's a fun little set, and is a good edition to your Sep army! It's kinda like the hoth set, A big battlepack..

Meh it's good.

Ollie!

Edited by KimT

great review :thumbup: and BTW, you should cover the troopers a bit more

Okay, I might edit it later, It's my first reveiw too.

Good review for your first one. When I built the set I found it really hard to count how many treads I had on but I managed. I think you may have a few too many treads on huck to flat because I find the treads quite loose. I agree with you when you say its like the echo base because it has an exclusive minifig and a pretty ordinary centre piece (ship or taun taun + bunker) and around the same price. Yea you should do a bit more on the review and cover the jet troopers more.

Great review and a decent set!

Nice review!

That looks like a good set, and I will get multiples of it :classic: The treads are a bit loose, but take out a few so its tight. The Jet Troopers are a welcome addition. Can they fit on a stormtrooper or phase 2?

Good review for your first one. When I built the set I found it really hard to count how many treads I had on but I managed. I think you may have a few too many treads on huck to flat because I find the treads quite loose. I agree with you when you say its like the echo base because it has an exclusive minifig and a pretty ordinary centre piece (ship or taun taun + bunker) and around the same price. Yea you should do a bit more on the review and cover the jet troopers more.

Great review and a decent set!

Nah I use all of the treads, Maybe you did domething wrong? Dunno, And it's a great set, just like hoth.

Nice review!

That looks like a good set, and I will get multiples of it :classic: The treads are a bit loose, but take out a few so its tight. The Jet Troopers are a welcome addition. Can they fit on a stormtrooper or phase 2?

They do fit on a phase two, But the back of the helmet is right up against the jetpacks 'top' thingie, so over time that might break off if you leave it on a P2,

Photos are included of the minifgures.

As for stormies.. well I have none so I don't know!

My custom bly and fox, wearing the jetpacks

DSC00965.jpg

The figures you actually get

DSC00964.jpg

The ever so awesome Jetus-packus

DSC00967.jpg

P1 Vs P2

DSC00970.jpg

Comparison shot

DSC00972.jpg

Hope you like!

Nice jet pack demonstration :classic: (And Bly)

Compared to the old one, the new one looks much better

Seeing a new mold like this might mean TLC doesn't want others to profit on accessories they didn't make, hopefully they do the same with a Twi'lek head :classic:

Edited by Commander Flash

Nice jet pack demonstration :classic: (And Bly)

Compared to the old one, the new one looks much better

Seeing a new mold like this might mean TLC doesn't want others to profit on accessories they didn't make, hopefully they do the same with a Twi'lek head :classic:

Yeah, hopefully!

As for bly, he's goign up in the minifg appreciation topic. All he needs is macro's...

Pretty sweet set. Love the jetpacks. I wouldn't mind getting a couple of these on sale for the technic treads.

:thumbup:

Pretty sweet set. Love the jetpacks. I wouldn't mind getting a couple of these on sale for the technic treads.

:thumbup:

The treads?! Meh I can trade you some?

Pretty cool! I would buy it just for the jetpacks though.

Yeah same, I plan on getting 2 more.

Good review but I don't think I'll be spending my hard earned cash on this set.

Good review but I don't think I'll be spending my hard earned cash on this set.

Why not...?

If you're so indifferent why bother posting?

A review well done, Huck :thumbup:

and so was the comparison :classic:

wanted to buy this set, looks very interesting (jet troopers, of course :grin:)

but as it turned out, it's all sold out here.

now i have no idea how to get this set in my region, except bricklink :hmpf_bad:

A review well done, Huck :thumbup:

and so was the comparison :classic:

wanted to buy this set, looks very interesting (jet troopers, of course :grin:)

but as it turned out, it's all sold out here.

now i have no idea how to get this set in my region, except bricklink :hmpf_bad:

Why not...?

If you're so indifferent why bother posting?

Because it was a good review, I enjoyed reading it and it helped me in my decision to not get the set.

Just because I didn't like the set doesn't mean I can't appreciate the review and let the reviewer know that they did a good job reviewing the set. I was actually on the fence about a few sets, and I use Member reviews to get a feel for the set, it turns out I don't want this set.

Great Review huck :thumbup:

This is a really cool set imo! the jetpacks have to be one of the best things in it. :wub:

I wish I could get multiples for that reason, but will have to stick with one if I want to get any other sets.

Your Bly and Fox are fantastic! :wub: Any chance of a trade? :tongue:

The comparison pics of the tank and the jet packs on the clones are Great!

Well done!

CommanderFox

The tank is quite accurate but my only complaint is the set is so small and tehres not much. With a price increase, i was hoping they would increase the set size. But to my disappointment, they decreased the set more and increased the price..

But great review and i would tottally recommend this set if you got the $