Peppermint_M

Post about Cartoons and Anime you like

On 10/24/2020 at 10:48 PM, Oky said:
On 10/24/2020 at 10:10 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Well, in spite of that heavier focus on characters that you mentioned in comparison to the original (which again I've not yet seen), at least its adventure element still seems stronger when compared to other modern Disney shows I've looked into. I've tried getting into shows like Star vs. the Forces of Evil, Amphibia, and The Owl House per the advice of others suggesting shows to check out after Gravity Falls, but none of them really cut it for me like DuckTales did. Actually, it's kinda strange that its fanbase doesn't seem to be as big as those other shows' are, and hence it's seldom suggested by others in their "if you liked Gravity Falls" lists... :def_shrug:

You're right. I guess I shouldn't complain since true action/adventure shows are hard to come by these days. Those shows you mentioned I couldn't get into either, which is a shame since they do have potential to be great shows if they focused on the story more. I never even watched Owl House since it already looked like just another Star-type show. I was just comparing this reboot to the original. And for many, I think this is the problem. They compare it to the original too much and can't accept the changes.

One of the main things I appreciate about Gravity Falls & DuckTales is how they don't take their protagonists off to another realm/dimension like The Owl House or Amphibia do, instead keeping their fantastical adventures grounded to the reality they reside in. Star vs. the Forces of Evil on the other hand is more like Rick & Morty in that it splits its time 50/50 between its "home" dimension and others outside of that.

9 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

One of the main things I appreciate about Gravity Falls & DuckTales is how they don't take their protagonists off to another realm/dimension like The Owl House or Amphibia do, instead keeping their fantastical adventures grounded to the reality they reside in.

Yeah, I love that about the DuckTales universe too, that it is so full magic, science fiction, and superheroes that adventure is around every corner and literally anything can happen! Racecars, lasers, and airplanes are actually the most normal things in this show. :laugh:

Regarding the latest episode, can I just say that

Scrooge defeating the enemy using his pogo-cane jump from the classic video game was absolutely hilarious! I also very much appreciated the reference to one of my favorite Don Rosa comics, A Matter of Some Gravity!

On 10/29/2020 at 4:45 PM, Oky said:

Regarding the latest episode, can I just say that...

Yep, following the DuckTales subreddit has really been keeping me educated on all those deep-cut easter eggs, helping me further my appreciation of the show even if I am a casual newcomer to the fandom... :blush:

P.S. Do you know if fandom subreddits are the best place/platform to discuss these shows, or is there somewhere else I'm missing out on such? :shrug_confused:

Well, it's official: Darkwing Duck is rebooting on Disney+! :grin_wub: Let's get dangerous (again)! :smug:

On 10/31/2020 at 6:09 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

P.S. Do you know if fandom subreddits are the best place/platform to discuss these shows, or is there somewhere else I'm missing out on such? :shrug_confused:

No idea. I don't even use reddit. But surely there is some Disney fan forum out there. Let me know if you find a good one.