Peppermint_M

Post about Cartoons and Anime you like

Where do you watch it? I watched the first few episodes and was not impressed, so I never bothered to watch it. The laid-back tone, the shortness of the episodes, and the way it just drops you in the middle of the story without any setup put me off. It's the same issues I had with Adventure Time which I could never get into either. But I keep hearing how good the show gets in the later seasons, so I might give it a second chance. What's the best place to catch up on it?

Agreed with everything you said about Falls Falls Falls. Very good episode. Totally didn't see that ending coming, but it worked well. Where do they go from here? :wacko:

I watch SU on YouTube mostly. It's all up there and convenient as hell, except the quality is usually mediocre. Try googling Watch cartoons online, and there's a site called "Watchcartoon. Com" or something. If I want a quality version, I usually go there.

And yes, it does get so so so much better. I felt exactly the same way as you the first episode I watched. I thought I missed the first episode! :wacko: I tried searching for the actual first episode for hours after watching the real first episode before realizing there wasn't one. :sceptic: I was pretty freaking confused. But you get accustomed to it. The first few episodes slowly build a lot of the knowledge you feel you've missed out on, and then you start to realize that all is not quite as it seems and get lost in the beautiful

sci-fi

fantasy of the show. It's really good, and the season 1 finale is flawless! It's very good television! And this is all coming from someone who actively dislikes most cartoons, and has actively disliked most cartoons from the age at which one usually loves all cartoons. I never watched transformers or ed edd and eddy, or Naruto or any of the other shows boys my age were watching, and I don't watch mlp, or bear bear bear, or clarence, or the contemporary cartoons I hear so much about. It's just Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, and Over the Garden Walls (which is perfect to start watching right now because Halloween!), and certain Anime.

But despite this, Steven Universe is really nostalgic and pleasant somehow. :wacko: crazy good! Totally give it a second chance.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Where do you watch it? I watched the first few episodes and was not impressed, so I never bothered to watch it. The laid-back tone, the shortness of the episodes, and the way it just drops you in the middle of the story without any setup put me off. It's the same issues I had with Adventure Time which I could never get into either. But I keep hearing how good the show gets in the later seasons, so I might give it a second chance. What's the best place to catch up on it?

I've been watching it at this site. The first several episodes are fairly simplistic and don't appear to be building up to anything, which is a bit irritating since it makes it hard for me to introduce the show to other people (like my parents) without either starting at the beginning and having them lose patience or starting at one of the later, more impressive episodes and having them feel lost amidst all the lore that built up in the intervening episodes. To be honest, I might not have been as enthusiastic about the series myself if I hadn't already stumbled upon enough spoilers to know that yes, it does gradually build in complexity as the series goes on.

The show is kind of unusual in that even the episodes that feel like "filler" add to the lore, introducing new characters, explaining little bits about what gems are and how they function, etc. So while it drops you in without much introduction, you find out more and more as you watch. If there's any real turning point in the series, it's probably about midway through season one ("Mirror Gem"/"Ocean Gem"). That's when it really becomes clear the series is building towards something bigger. But there are plenty of episodes even before that represent meaningful milestones and tell engaging stories in their own right. In my opinion it is definitely worth watching the series all the way through.

I am currently watching Great Teacher Onizuka ( good show), Ushio and Tora (another good show), The perfect insider (don't have an opinion yet), Asterisk Wars (decent so far), Anti-Magic Academy the 35th test platoon (okay show so far), God Eater (Okay), Gintama,( Screwball comedy, funny, wish it was dubbed) and once in a while Himouto Umaru-Chan (Funny,Cute).

So, who's ready for Weirdmageddon?

"Will you follow me? to the ends of the earth."

Edited by kevkipo

I can't wait! I wish it was on tomorrow but Wander Over Yonder (plus Star Wars Rebels on Wednesday) will be enough to tide me over 'till next week.

A part of me wants to wait as long as possible (I don't want the best cartoon of an era to end) another part of me wants to see it right now! :grin:

Sign me up for the Weirdmageddon hype. After the last episode... Yeesh. Things are getting pretty intense. Sometimes I have to remind myself that this is a kids' show.

Gravity Falls will be missed. Once it's over, I'll have to re-watch the whole series.

Sign me up for the Weirdmageddon hype. After the last episode... Yeesh. Things are getting pretty intense. Sometimes I have to remind myself that this is a kids' show.

Gravity Falls will be missed. Once it's over, I'll have to re-watch the whole series.

I know right? PG 7 they say :snicker:

there's so much mind behind all of these rather than those random shows without a story.

Everyone should defenitely take a look at what CN (Turner) is doing, giving younger animators with a great imagination a change to show what they can do, and breaking TV Records (Gumball, Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Regular Show are a few examples)

I also see that people like nostalgia, wich GF has a lot of

I'ma join dat Gravity Falls hype. The Weirdmageddon cometh! All hail Bill!

:grin:

It's gunna be an awesome finale... but I have no Idea what Alex Hirsch is gunna do after this is all over. Maybe hard drugs. :look:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

It's gunna be an awesome finale... but I have no Idea what Alex Hirsch is gunna do after this is all over. Maybe hard drugs. :look:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

The guy doesn't even smoke :snicker: .

I think he's just going to co-operate with / help other Animators, at least that's what i would do. But i don't think this is the last episode? it is only a part 1 right?

I'm pretty sure it's not the finale. Disney's not marketing it as the season finale, which they always do when that's the case. Also, afaik, there's 4 more ending cryptograms to complete the full picture. I don't know if there's 4 episodes left, but I'm pretty sure at least 2 are.

Yeah, definitely not the Season finale just yet. Part 1 of... Something.

According to Wikipedia, Season 2 is somewhere around 20-22 episodes, and Season 1 had 20 episodes, so... At least two more episodes after this next one.

I'm really curious about the character symbols (Dipper=Pine Tree, etc.) and how that's going to factor in. So far, aside from that one comment by Bill in Dreamscaperers, it hasn't been brought up as far as I remember. And considering the sheer amount of focus on continuity in this show and how much it's been built up, we should be seeing it brought up fairly soon.

Really enjoying watching The Clone Wars right now. Ahsoka is definitely one of my favorite Star Wars characters now! How could you not love her? I would recommend this show to anyone who likes Star Wars. Sure, it has the clunker episodes like all TV shows and the first season isn't as good as the latter ones, but I think it honestly makes the prequels way better as movies. I plan on watching Rebels after I'm done with this, I just hope they put it on Netflix.

Well i can say i loved that, all the twists, and epic Dipper parts.

Amazing episode for sure!

Also Soos has gone from dork to epic in 1 episode xD

I've recently started watching and gotten caught up with Gravity Falls. Really fun show! Lots of heart and humor. The quality of the animation is stellar... I guess that might be one of the perks of being a Disney program.

I think my dad might enjoy it more than he enjoyed Steven Universe when I tried to share that with him. Gravity Falls' story definitely gets up and running a lot quicker, perhaps because its episodes are longer so it doesn't take so many to set up the universe and its characters. And its snarky style of humor is a bit closer to the types of cartoon my dad tends to enjoy like The Simpsons or SpongeBob SquarePants.

When I first started Gravity Falls I thought it was a good show but didn't think much of it, watched a couple episodes here and there when nothing better was on and admired its strong sense of continuity, but otherwise didn't invest much dedication in it. Then came Dreamscapers. I was glued to the screen the entire time. I watched the few episodes I hadn't seen before and have watched the show religiously since.

It has been my life since 2012 :grin:

But really this show has gotten me through so many rough days, it's epic! and i don't want it to end really... :sceptic: But i guess the story has been told!

I started to read the first 3 pages and noticed Batman the brave and the bold got a lot of mentions but in 2015 I still enjoy this show via DVD. I haven't seen the 3rd season yet as it is not available in France yet. Since that show I honestly haven't watched anything else. Before that JLU and Batman beyond were amongst my favorites as a young adult.

But for me the 80s were the peak of my anime/cartoon watching. There are just too many to mention as I could name a few but could forget to mention some others. Off the top of my head:

Zodiac knights (saint Seiya), challenge of the gobots (which I appreciate more than transformers), dragon ball, M.A.S.K., Jayce & the wheeled warriors, bioman, Gavan (X-OR in France), the list goes on and on...good times...