Peppermint_M

Post about Cartoons and Anime you like

So, who are your anime waifus/husbandos? :grin:

Miia from that new Monster Girls show. I would date a snake woman.

So. More shows I'm watching. Aforementioned Monster Girls show, which is a goofy, ecchi delight. I've gotten good chuckles out of it.

If you want something weird, Game of Laplace. Very strange story. Very strange characters. But I find it interesting, so I continue to watch it. This most recent episode was downright depressing, though...

But by far, Blood Blockade Battlefront. Watched the dub, which was fantastic. Due to the delayed final episode, the dub is now caught up with the sub, so you can watch your preference. It's just... An amazing show. Great characters and humor with awesome action scenes. I really don't want to say much, but it's just... Go watch it. It's my second favorite anime just under Kyousougiga.

Just started watching Gundam X recently. It is now officially my new favourite Gundam series. Can't really explain why, but my money is one how wicked cool the Double X is...

If anyone has heard of it, I love the anime Death Note that was released a few years back. It handles a lot of morality issues that is rare for anime...

You need to watch more anime if you think morality issues are rare! The main thing about anime is that it is not a genre in and of itself, it is a form of media and therefore covers the whole range.

Not one for waifu or the like, but Major Motoko Kusinagi is all kinds of badass!

Finished Eureka Seven. Started off kinda slow, but boy did the ending make up for everything. Exciting, beautiful, and hits ya in the feels. I recommend it. Now I'm contemplating how I can make a plush Gulliver. I love that fat badger... Thing.

Up next is Evangelion. 'Cuz, y'know. It's 2015.

I have not been watching as much anime as I would like to in these past few months, but I might as well redeem myself in some way.

I found this flowchart to help out those who are just getting into Anime, and need a few suggestions. For the record, this isn't mine, and I don't necessarily condone the choice of some of these, but, hey, to each their own and don't let me stop you :wink: .

Enjoy!

I've been watching, God Eater (good action,ok show so far), Actually I am....(very funny) ,and Rokka: Braves of the six flowers (good story, good action, adventure), but before that I watched Btooom, good show (think Hunger games with Bombs), really needs a second season though.

I just finished Kill La Kill. Over the top, that's for sure, but it was hilarious (although from the same director, it's certainly not Gurren Lagann). I was sadly spoiled some very key info regarding the endgame of the anime, so it didn't exactly leave a mark on me, but I definitely suggest it.

Keep in mind that a lot of the show is NSFW.

Himouto! Umaru-Chan is probably my favorite show this season. Just started watching recently, but I love it. Very funny. Though it's making me want to be a lazy bum. I should stop making anime characters my role models...

In other news, OMG KYOUSOUGIGA IS GETTING A BLU RAY RELEASE THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER!!!

Ahem. Sorry. All time favorite anime. I'm excited.

I watched the first episode back at SDCC and yes, it's pretty good. It's a nice continuation of the movie and Rocket gets to blow stuff up three times in this pilot alone. It's better than USM and AA and the best part is that it is replacing Hulk and the Agents of SMASH!

By the way, who else is watching Rick & Morty season 2? I absolutely love this show. It's hilarious and kinda clever and surprisingly has a lot of heart.

By the way, who else is watching Rick & Morty season 2? I absolutely love this show. It's hilarious and kinda clever and surprisingly has a lot of heart.

Haven't caught up to the second season yet, but the first was great! kinda depressing in a way. I like shit like that. It was kind of like a less depressing Bojack Horseman. Still working through that.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Himouto! Umaru-Chan is probably my favorite show this season. Just started watching recently, but I love it. Very funny. Though it's making me want to be a lazy bum. I should stop making anime characters my role models...

Umaru-Chan is funny as hell, I gotta catch up though, I think I left off on episode five. Ebina cracks me up, she's so dumb, and Umaru is cute but incredibly dis-likable to the point that it's funny.

Also, I gotta start the second season of Rick and Morty, my bad... :blush:

Edited by just2good

Less animation wise, but still tying back to it, I picked up the Batman Adventures: Mad Love Deluxe Edition recently due to my love of the episode it's based on from the animated series, and I freaking adore it. It's really interesting how much of the original story's left intact despite the slightly more sexual and violent tone of the comic. Mad Love's one of my favourite Batman stories, if not my absolute favourite, and if you get a chance I'd highly recommend either watching the episode or picking up the graphic novel. :thumbup:

I watched FLCL. I got a couple chuckles out of it, sure, but this anime is a really mixed bag. I felt like there were things that just sort of "existed" rather than getting any actual explanation. That's outside of the fact that this anime can't decide what it's supposed to be. If anyone feels so inclined to watch it, be my guest, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it.

But by far, Blood Blockade Battlefront. Watched the dub, which was fantastic. Due to the delayed final episode, the dub is now caught up with the sub, so you can watch your preference. It's just... An amazing show. Great characters and humor with awesome action scenes. I really don't want to say much, but it's just... Go watch it. It's my second favorite anime just under Kyousougiga.

I too loved Blood Blockade Battlefront. The cast of characters is tremendously wonderful. I can't wait for the last episode!

October 3rd is the broadcasting date of the final episode in Japan. Just a couple more weeks...

Just watched season 1 Tokyo Ghoul and Beyond the Boundary, both are very good shows.

Alright, I missed a bit of the parts, but I did sit down for the new Equestria Girls flick. What's my thoughts on this outing?

It was good, but not as good as the second, although Rainbow Rocks is a tough act to follow. I'm happy the writers decided to keep Sunset Shimmer as our central protagonist throughout the flick, despite Human Twilight's importance in the plot. She's really starting to hold her own as a character I want to see more of, despite only seeing her once a year. The rest of the cast is pretty memorable, Celestia and Luna get some more screen time, as do Dean Cadence (nice call, Hasbro or DHX, whichever one made that) as well as our new villain, Principal Cinch, who's probably one of the series' better villains. She's a lot like Flim and Flam as they're not evil for the sake of being evil, Cinch is just a woman who's put her priorities more so in her reputation, her school, and herself more than her students, and it comes to a head in the finale. Although, I've never heard of a schools credibility being lowered through a competition between one other school. On top of that, who decides what's in the Friendship Games?

The handling of Human Twilight Sparkle was one of the films stronger moments. She's at a pre-Friendship is Magic stage, so seeing her social awkwardness coupled with the rather nasty students at Crystal Prep made for a sympathetic character. That and I'm glad the writers didn't try and duplicate scenes from the first two parter when introducing Twilight to the rest of the Human Six. I was worried we'd be repeating stuff from the first movie, which does happen a little, but I feel the repeat stuff is actually done better here than in the first movie. More on that shortly.

Sunset Shimmer continues to be one of my favourite characters this show has to offer. Her "you don't understand what magic is and have no right to understand it" speech to Twilight was a really solid character moment. I like that Sunset still gets angry. I like that she still has a somewhat aggressive bite to her. It was shown a bit in Rainbow Rocks, but here it gets a lot more screen time. That and she's not Twilight in this movie, and I like that. Her character, while filling in a similar role as Twilight, doesn't feel like a Twilight recolour. She's her own, independent character.

I want to talk about the finale, since it's the thing I feel is going to get talked about the most. Spoilers ahead.

Cinch forcing Twilight to use the magic in the locket was both gut wrenching to watch and also kind of messed up. I love scenes like this, and the sheer look of panic and terror on Twilight made me ecstatic for what we might be getting. We got Demon Twilight Sparkle, and she was pretty amazing. I liked the parallels to the first film, but also the fact that this time around her plan, while spontaneous and being fuelled by magic, made sense, unlike using a bunch of teenagers to infiltrate a universe of horses. That wasn't the end though. Then we got Phoenix Sunset Shimmer (that's what I'm calling this transformation), and Sunset and Twilight got into a nice little battle. That and the reformation sequence was handled so much better than in the first film. DHX listened to our criticism! Yeah!

There's more I want to talk about, but I feel I need to watch a second viewing as I missed a little bit. Overall, I did enjoy, just not as much as the second film. :thumbup:

Finally got around to watching Horse People 3: Sports People today and generally enjoyed it. Probably not as good as Rainbow Rocks (which had more songs, and I think better ones on average). Still, a very good movie! I look forward to getting the Blu-Ray and seeing what scenes got cut in the American broadcast.

It was great to have a villain who wasn't an interloper from Equestria and wasn't scheming for world domination. It helps reinforce that ordinary selfishness can be just as harmful as megalomania if it gets taken too far. Before this movie, my brother had contemplated that without Celestia as a positive role model, the human Twilight's desire for knowledge could easily be manipulated by a negative role model, and it turns out that's exactly what happened. And I couldn't have asked for a better character than Principal Cinch to fill that role.

At the same time, it was good to have Dean Cadance and Shining Armor to help reinforce that not all Crystal Prep ponies are complete jerks. Just like Canterlot High, the school has good and bad elements. At Canterlot High in the previous movies, characters like Snips, Snails, Trixie, and Sunset Shimmer competed for social standing. At Crystal Prep, the students competed for academic standing, and the movie did a good job showing how that can be just as harmful if it drives a wedge between students.

Twilight herself was a lot more sympathetic than I expected. Just like Twilight at the beginning of MLP:FiM, friendship is the LAST thing on her mind, but unlike that Twilight, she seems to have a better sense that something's missing from her life. Again, this probably stems from her and the other students not having a positive role model like Princess Celestia to keep their thirst for knowledge in check. The human world's Twilight still excels at her studies, but instead of being confident, she's meek and easily intimidated by the other students around her.

It was a lot of fun playing "Where's Waldo" with the Crystal Prep students, since several of them were recognizable as ponies from Equestria like Trenderhoof and Suri Polomare. Admittedly, not quite as fun as it was with the Canterlot High ponies in some of the previous movies, since the non-competing Crystal Prep students all wore identical uniforms. When it comes out on DVD I will have to watch it a bit more carefully and see how many familiar faces I can spot.

The pacing of the movie was good, with the theft of the girls' magic being appropriately spread out so as to build suspense. Spike learning to talk was a nice touch. And Sunset's anger at Twilight for putting her friends in danger felt sincere and in-character. The final act was a lot of fun, with Midnight Sparkle and Sunset Shimmer's magical form both seeming a lot more stylish than Sunset Shimmer's demon form from the first movie.

I suppose most future Equestria Girls adventures will focus on the human world's Twilight Sparkle instead of the pony world's Twilight Sparkle, which I'm more than OK with.

I don't know about you guys, but more Lupin the Third is a good thing, and with the upcoming series looming nearer and nearer, I really can't wait to see this show! It's apparently been thirty years since Lupin got his own show, and if the films I've seen are any indication of how fun this franchise can be, I honestly can't wait! The opening also looks great! Check it out!

I watched FLCL. I got a couple chuckles out of it, sure, but this anime is a really mixed bag. I felt like there were things that just sort of "existed" rather than getting any actual explanation. That's outside of the fact that this anime can't decide what it's supposed to be. If anyone feels so inclined to watch it, be my guest, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it.

I too loved Blood Blockade Battlefront. The cast of characters is tremendously wonderful. I can't wait for the last episode!

October 3rd is the broadcasting date of the final episode in Japan. Just a couple more weeks...

FLCL was and always will be the best acid trip. And will always rank as one of my favorites.

And yes. Suuuuuuuper excited for the BBB finale. According to Funimation's Twitter, it should be here sometime this week. But I've been watching it dubbed. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long for that to be released.

I don't know about you guys, but more Lupin the Third is a good thing, and with the upcoming series looming nearer and nearer, I really can't wait to see this show! It's apparently been thirty years since Lupin got his own show, and if the films I've seen are any indication of how fun this franchise can be, I honestly can't wait! The opening also looks great! Check it out!

Also excited to this. I love how old-school it looks while still being cleanly animated. Can't wait for some Lupin action!

Finally started watching Steven Universe this past weekend, and I'm now all caught up. Man, that's a great show. A great balance of action, humor, and sentimentality. Not to mention it does a great job weaving character development and world-building into a series of eleven-minute episodes. Even the ones that seem like what you'd call "filler" in a typical action cartoon manage add depth to the world and characters. There are also lots of great themes about family and friendship. The diversity of the cast is also much appreciated, and there are some great songs.

Finally started watching Steven Universe this past weekend, and I'm now all caught up. Man, that's a great show. A great balance of action, humor, and sentimentality. Not to mention it does a great job weaving character development and world-building into a series of eleven-minute episodes. Even the ones that seem like what you'd call "filler" in a typical action cartoon manage add depth to the world and characters. There are also lots of great themes about family and friendship. The diversity of the cast is also much appreciated, and there are some great songs.

Yes! A fresh convert! :devil: I knew I'd find someone on this site who also watched it!... still waiting on Kintobor to take my suggestion from half a year ago! :poke::laugh:

I really love the music of SU! I listen to the soundtrack now when I need concentration music!

And the characters are all so unique and fleshed out... And the story is great. I've heard it compared to Transformers, which I never watched, but really Rebecca is tapping into some classic tropes and inverting them on their tails and u love that! Rebecca Sugar really knows what she's doing.

My favorite character is

Peridot

pre-last episode. I liked her so much I had her in mind when designing my AG character Dr. Long (sci-fi forum). I'm not sure how I feel about Peridot's most recent developments... but I trust Sugar to handle it well, so we'll see.

Also Stevonie is adorable of course.

And Ronaldo is literally my brother, so gotta love him! :grin::laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Edited by Dannylonglegs

Wow! Today's episode of My Little Pony Friendship is Magic "Crusaders of the Lost Mark", was amazing! I wasn't sure whether to expect anything special for today, the fifth anniversary of the series premiere. But it turned out we got a heartwarming musical episode with six songs and an incredible resolution!

Now that Amy Keating Rogers is no longer on the writing staff for My Little Pony (having moved on to working as a writer for Disney), her episodes will be greatly missed. She will have one more episode airing after this one, but I think it's safe to say that this might be one of the most gratifying episodes she's been involved in during her time on the series. :classic:

All I'll say about today's episode of MLP is that it's about time. :laugh:

In all seriousness, I'm glad we've gotten to this point. I think another season of the CMC milling about where their cutie marks were would be a little irritating. I'm a little lukewarm to the idea of the CMC having joint cutie marks, but it's growing on me as a concept. The more I think about it, the more I want to see a series following the adventures of Scootalo, Apple Bloom, and Sweetie Belle as they travel Equestria trying to help colts and fillies get their cutie mark. Do it, Hasbro! :laugh:

I'm also pretty pleased that the Diamond Tiara arc was wrapped up nicely. Another season of her ragging on the CMC would've felt old hat as well. I also can't believe I feel remorse for her, and that there's a character I can hate more in this show than her; her mother. I don't think she got a name, but Diamond Tiara's mother was such a disgusting character. I feel MLP does a better job with it's down to earth villains like Flim and Flam, Trixie, and now DT's mom. I hate people who try and control every little action of their child's lives, and it's why I'm so vehemently against child beauty pageants. Good job DHX for making me feel sorry for a character I once hated. :thumbup:

All in all, fantastic episode. The songs were pretty good, and I do hope we see more of the Newly Branded CMC, with maybe Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon as their new partners in cutie mark crusading, because what exactly does one do with a spoon cutie mark? :wacko:

Edited by Kintobor

Now would be a good time to watch the two previous seasons online to catch up. It's a great online series!

Oh man, stuff got real in the last Gravity Falls episode.

There were some good themes like how growing up and high school sucks, how good things always come to an end and how you just need to move on in life sometimes. Hits you right in the feels. I'm really starting to dislike Ford. He may be an awesome scientist and adventurer, but as much as he knows about the paranormal, he doesn’t know the value of family. He always puts his work above everything else and has come to trust no one except those he deems worthy of being his successor, namely Dipper. He has alienated his own twin brother and never even thanked him for getting him out of the portal. And now he is trying to put that same obsession and mistrust onto Dipper which has literally brought about the end of the world. As much as I want Dipper to become the paranormal investigator he always dreamed to be, I hope he realizes that Ford’s ways are wrong and declines his offer to become his successor which will hopefully make Ford realize the error of his ways as well.

I hope there will be another season, but it seems like they are concluding the story, so I wouldn’t mind if they end the show after this finale. Thankfully we wont have to wait too long for the next episode this time.

The season finale of Rick & Morty was also very good. Ooh-wee! It was nice to see Rick finally show his softer side. Hopefully we wont have to wait more than one and a half years for season 3 like Mr. Poopybutthole suggested (yes, that's the character's actual name in case you haven't watched season 2 :tongue: ).

I don't know about you guys, but more Lupin the Third is a good thing

Agreed. This looks pretty good. Do we know when it's coming to the States?

By the way, you need to remove the "s" from the "https" in the URL for the embed to work.

All I'll say about today's episode of MLP is that it's about time. :laugh:

Agreed. :grin: This sure was a nice heartwarming episode and a perfect way to end this story arc. Looks like the CMC's true crusade has only just begun.

Finally started watching Steven Universe this past weekend, and I'm now all caught up.

Where do you watch it? I watched the first few episodes and was not impressed, so I never bothered to watch it. The laid-back tone, the shortness of the episodes, and the way it just drops you in the middle of the story without any setup put me off. It's the same issues I had with Adventure Time which I could never get into either. But I keep hearing how good the show gets in the later seasons, so I might give it a second chance. What's the best place to catch up on it?