Peppermint_M

Post about Cartoons and Anime you like

This topic needs a boost. Anyone here know about Shezow?

I do! It's a cute show. :classic:

Also, gotta catch up on Korra this weekend! :grin:

Edited by just2good

I do! It's a cute show. :classic:

Also, gotta catch up on Korra this weekend! :grin:

Just watched the first two episodes! I think the moment I feel in love with the show was whem the Munchkin bank robbers showed up! :laugh:

Same. I really gotta catch up with it before I fall behind like I did with season one. :blush:

Same. I really gotta catch up with it before I fall behind like I did with season one. :blush:

Oh yes, same here. I literally caught up on Book 1 for episodes 4-12 a day after the season finale, which I really regret, as my brother offered to watch the finale with me the day it aired. :sad:

Am I the only one who's been keeping up with Korra? :laugh: I think it's pretty good. I like how the new season doesn't take place in the city and delves a bit more into the spirit world and how the new villain is a sympathetic one. Korra doesn't seem to evolve much as a character though, and I do agree that the Book 1 finale was quite rushed. Still a good show though.

As for Shezow... a young superhero whose superpower is cross-dressing? What a weird premise. :wacko: I'm not sure I want to watch that...

It's great to see Xiaolin Showdown is back, even though it's called Xiaolin Chronicles now and most of the names and voice actors are different.

Sorry to barge in, but I didn’t realise anything like this existed. I've just started to watch Avengers Assemble, Ultimate Spider-Man, and Hulk Agents Of Smash.

I think, in order, Ultimate Spider-man is best at the moment, I absolutely hate some of the episodes, the kid like nature of the show, the cheap X Babies knock off throughout the program (and I HATE the X Babies), and the idiotic origin of the Rhino, with almost everybody with an ultimate Earth 1610 look, not my favourite to say the least, not that I don't like the Ultimates but I'd prefer the more classic costume's. However, there is something that the 90s Spidey lacked, loads of humour. In my mind, Spidey isn’t Spidey without a wisecrack or three in there, and I loved the Dr Doom/Captain America episode, Dr Doom's one of my favourite villains with Count Nafaria, Ultron, Kang and Magneto, so it was fantastic to see Doom brought alive as I missed completely the 90s FF Animated series.

Never been a fan of any Hulk shows (with the exception of the feature length Planet Hulk), it was OK, and it was good to see Rick Jones, but it just wasn’t my thing.

Avengers Assemble, well at least it was better than the 90s Armoured Avengers cartoon, but In no way a competitor to Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes. Now that was an animated series, and probably my favourite with Batman: The Animated Series. Avengers Assemble, the voice acting is terrible, the whole show is like a giant advertisement for the Avengers film, and the characters are completely of character. It would be like Dr Doom having the voice of a four year old girl. And worst of all, Hawkeye isn’t funny!

But enough of my Fanboy ranting, this is a place to discuss are favourites, not to rant. Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes was just fantastic, I was really disappointed that they caned it. It had everything, classic 70's/80's costumes, Avengers Mansion not Stark Tower, characters that where faithful to the comics, humour, good animation, superb story lines interwoven with others...It was just unbelievably great. I've only seen Series 1, but I've Amazoned the rest (i.e. Series 2). I know its got the Kree/Skrull war, but is it any good?

Thanks

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

Okay huge Avengers EMH fan here, as my avatar suggests. Honestly the second season is as a whole a step down, but it is still okay. This is in part because of change in producers, and you can get into conspiracy theories here. But to stay on topic I think the quality drop off is after episode thirteen of season two. And even then I still enjoyed some episodes beyond it. Just as a warning, there is a pretty big plotline that was supposed to be explored in season three that they never finished. It drives me crazy, and fuels my desire for at least a tv movie to wrap up the series.

Thanks, they arrived just after I made my post. I haven't watched them just yet, just waiting for my Girlfriend and some other Marvel fans to arrive, but upon looking at the back at the episode names that they at least sound good. I've been a fan of the Korvac Saga since I became a fan of Marvel, Operation Galactic storm was probably the best part of late Ninety’s Avengers although I don't see how it can fit in, being part of the Kree/Shi'ar war not the Kree/Skrull war, Galactus isn’t a giant Fart cloud like FF2 so that at least is a bonus, Acts Of Vengeance was fantastic in the comics, and I am a massive fan of the Marvel series Exiles, so Emperor Stark will be interesting to see as its highly unlikely they would include such a dark and alternative universe story in a Animated series. I'll report back when I've watched a few...

Am I the only one who's been keeping up with Korra? :laugh: I think it's pretty good. I like how the new season doesn't take place in the city and delves a bit more into the spirit world and how the new villain is a sympathetic one. Korra doesn't seem to evolve much as a character though, and I do agree that the Book 1 finale was quite rushed. Still a good show though.

As for Shezow... a young superhero whose superpower is cross-dressing? What a weird premise. :wacko: I'm not sure I want to watch that...

I really need to catch up with Korra before becomes a chore and need to set a day aside to watch it. :sceptic:

Mainly due to Shezow chewing up all of my time. :laugh:

The best way to put it is if Danny Phantom had a more punny, bizarre Canadian-Australian brother. As well, his power isn't cross-dressing. His powers come from his late aunt's ring. It just so happens in order to tap into said powers he needs to turn into Shezow (he's still a male under the outfit too). If you renamed the Lazer Lipstick something else, like Lazer Cutter, or his SheSP as plain old ESP, he'd still be an awesome superhero. It's the fact that his abilities are somewhat feminine and still awesome is what I think sets it apart from the rest of the crowd. The one thing I'll complain about is the pacing: it's really awkward. Other than that, I feel it's going to get a cult following. And we're only in season one. :tongue:

I'm a pretty avid anime watcher. I mostly watch murderous sadistic stuff, or cutesy fanservicey stuff. >.> Here's what I've watched to date and my ratings for them.

.hack//Quantum    10
.hack//Roots    7
.hack//Sign    10
Angel Beats!    10
Asobi ni Iku yo!    7
Asobi ni Iku yo! Asobi ni Oide    7
Bakemonogatari    10
Black★Rock Shooter (OVA)    10
Death Note    9
More Dragon Ball    8
More Dragon Ball Z    10
Dragon Ball Z Movie 05: Tobikkiri no Saikyou Tai Saikyou    10
Dragon Ball Z Movie 06: Gekitotsu!! 100-oku Power no Senshi-tachi    10
Dragon Ball Z Movie 07: Kyokugen Battle!! Sandai Super Saiyajin        10
Dragon Ball Z Movie 08: Moetsukiro!! Nessen - Ressen - Chou Gekisen    10
Dragon Ball Z Movie 09: Ginga Girigiri!! Bucchigiri no Sugoi Yatsu    10
Dragon Ball Z Movie 10: Kiken na Futari! Super Senshi wa Nemurenai    9
Dragon Ball Z Movie 11: Super Senshi Gekiha!! Katsu no wa Ore da    7
Dragon Ball Z Movie 12: Fukkatsu no Fusion!! Goku to Vegeta    7
Dragon Ball Z Movie 13: Ryuuken Bakuhatsu!! Goku ga Yaraneba Dare ga Yaru    10
Durarara!!    9
Elfen Lied    10
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children    10
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex    10
Girls Bravo: First Season    7
Girls Bravo: Second Season    7
Gosick    10
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san    8
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san W    9
Highschool of the Dead    7
Jyu Oh Sei    4
Kara no Kyoukai 1: Fukan Fuukei    8
Kara no Kyoukai 2: Satsujin Kousatsu (Part 1)    10
Kara no Kyoukai 3: Tsuukaku Zanryuu    10
Kara no Kyoukai 4: Garan no Dou    10
Kara no Kyoukai 5: Mujun Rasen    10
Kara no Kyoukai 6: Boukyaku Rokuon    7
Kara no Kyoukai 7: Satsujin Kousatsu (Part 2)    10
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien    10
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?    8
Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon    8
Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon II    8
Mashiroiro Symphony: The Color of Lovers    8
Mayoi Neko Overrun!    7
Mayoi Neko Overrun! Specials    10
Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo?    10
Myself ; Yourself    8
Nisemonogatari    10
Omamori Himari    10
Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai: Under the Innocent Sky.    8
R-15    7
Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan    10
School Days    8
Seitokai Yakuindomo    8
Sora no Otoshimono    9
Sora no Otoshimono: Forte    9
Sora no Otoshimono: Tokeijikake no Angeloid    10
Soul Link    9
Yosuga no Sora: In Solitude, Where We Are Least Alone.    9

I rate things pretty generously. If I enjoyed it it gets a 8-10, if I was mildly entertained it gets a 7, anything less and it pretty much sucked and is just rated based on animation.

EDIT: Spoiler tags because of list size.

Edited by Brawl

Did anyone watch Transformer Prime: Predacons Rising? I thought it was very good, much like the rest of the series. In fact, it almost felt like a comprised version of the fourth season that we never got. I wonder if that's really the case, but either way, it worked as it is. It was a nice last hoorah for the series (and a possible lead-in to a sequel series, if there really is one). There's just one thing I can nitpick:

I think I preferred Megatron dead than "reformed", but maybe they revived him in case they needed some conflict in the sequel series.

And poor Starscream. All he does in this movie is get bullied by everyone. :laugh:

Aw man, I got caught up with the latest episode of The Legend of Korra today and I am really loving it.

It's good to see that Korra and Mako are both being forced to deal with some of their relationship issues. I have a feeling they're going to end up together in the end, but better that they both mature a little before things really start to go smoothly between them.

Tenzin's side-story with Meelo was interesting, but not as fun as his side-story with his siblings and Ikki in the previous two episodes. I wonder when Tenzin's story and Korra's story will converge again.

This is an interesting story arc in general because the right way forward is almost completely ambiguous. The president's intent to avoid involvement in a war is not a delusion like that of the many hesitant leaders in Avatar: The Last Airbender or the first season of Korra. He is quite rightly being cautious about the prospect of what could become another world war. Unalaq is an obvious antagonist, but he, too, seems to want to keep any potential confrontations contained, and so there's the worry that attempts at a pacifist approach will be helping him towards his ambiguous but clearly self-serving goals. Varrick has no hesitation about going to war, but however affable he might be, his goals are also self-serving, and his methods rather questionable. And Korra, though motivated to protect her home and her family, is inexperienced in these kinds of matters and perhaps too quick to let emotion cloud her reasoning. Unalaq has already been able to take advantage of her impulsiveness and insecurities, and now she should be wary of the possibility that Varrick is doing the same.

It looks like we're on the verge of more spirit-world excitement as well, which adds a whole other dimension to this story. Pretty much all we have heard about the spirits' motivations in this season has come from the decidedly untrustworthy Unalaq. How much of what he warned Korra about has been truthful, how much was intentionally deceitful, and how much might he have been genuinely mistaken?

Edited by Aanchir

Did anyone watch Transformer Prime: Predacons Rising? I thought it was very good, much like the rest of the series. In fact, it almost felt like a comprised version of the fourth season that we never got. I wonder if that's really the case, but either way, it worked as it is. It was a nice last hoorah for the series (and a possible lead-in to a sequel series, if there really is one). There's just one thing I can nitpick:

I think I preferred Megatron dead than "reformed", but maybe they revived him in case they needed some conflict in the sequel series.

And poor Starscream. All he does in this movie is get bullied by everyone. :laugh:

I absolutely loved it. Your nitpick is very sound. The only problem I have is with

Megatron coming to his senses. Is he the first Megatron to ever have a change of heart? I like my Megatron in prison or dead, but still the Decepticon we know and love.

I also think that this movie is exemplary to the series, and I wasn't nearly as excited as I was when I was watching "Deadlock." I also found Bee a little odd, as I'm not used to him with his usual beeps and moans. To put it this way, this wasn't Bumper Robinson's TFA Bumblebee, and I guess I know no better (I've never watched G1 mind you).

Other than that, the plot was good. I got enough Predacons to please me (no Abominus? Why!?!). It ended without a single plothole to my knowledge. I'm overall satisfied, and that's all I could ask for. Now to go and read the prequel book trilogy...

Edited by Penkid11

Transformers Prime Predacons Rising was okay, but it could have used a better name. For a special named for Predacons, most of the action seemed to be controlled by Unicron. That was my main complaint, aside from the Megatron thing. As far as I know the closest we have ever had to that is the ending to Armada and Energon, which were not exactly the best series.

I also found Bee a little odd, as I'm not used to him with his usual beeps and moans. To put it this way, this wasn't Bumper Robinson's TFA Bumblebee, and I guess I know no better (I've never watched G1 mind you).

Yeah, talking Bee takes some getting used to, but he talked in a way I would imagine him to talk in a more serious show such as this. That's what makes this Bumblebee so great, that he is wiser and more mature than his age and rank (or any previous incarnations of him) would suggest.

Transformers Prime Predacons Rising was okay, but it could have used a better name. For a special named for Predacons, most of the action seemed to be controlled by Unicron.

Well, the Predacons did rise from the dead and they were an important plot point since they were Unicron's means of destroying Cybertron, so I think the title was quite fitting. :wink:

Also, if the title of a movie is your biggest concern, it is definitely more than just okay.

So, according to this, there will be a Phineas and Ferb Star Wars Special in the second half of 2014. Any thoughts? I think this was inevitable after Mission Marvel, and I liked Mission Marvel, so I'm looking forward to this. I just hope it will be a crossover with the characters from the OT, not the Clone Wars or the upcoming Rebels series.

Also, the Korra two-parter "Beginnings" was fantastic! It finally had that fantasy epic feel that I remember from A:TLA and that I've been missing in this show, and now we finally know what the heck is going on this season! It revealed some important plot points and gave us some nice info on the history of the world of Avatar, all told through a beautiful fairytale-like story! The visuals were great as well. All the colors and stylized backgrounds were a breath of fresh air after all the muted, realistic imagery in the rest of this series. The only thing that bugged me a little were the Fire Sages who seemed to have known about the harmonic convergence this whole time, but apparently didn't think it was necessary to tell the Avatar about it until now, but that's just a minor nitpick. Overall, I felt like I was watching a Miyasaki film and it made up for some of the mediocre storytelling that we have seen until now. While I realize that we probably wont get another episode with this kind of feel again in this series, I hope it's still a sign of higher quality stories to come!

Ultimate Spider-Mans recent episode, it was cool to see Iron Patriot. But...

That was an interesting little twist with Norman being Iron Patriot...I wonder if they're going to expand on how that came to be.

Ultimate Spider-Mans recent episode, it was cool to see Iron Patriot. But...

That was an interesting little twist with Norman being Iron Patriot...I wonder if they're going to expand on how that came to be.

Not much of a twist really, that's what Iron Patriot was when he was introduced back in like 2009. The movie just went in a very different direction, that later influenced the current comics. But yeah, through all of Dark Reign and Siege that was Iron Patriot's deal. Can't say I've seen the episode or care, but in the original comics Iron Patriot was not really heroic at all. He was a propaganda symbol used by an authotarian secretary of defense to replace the rebelling Avengers.

Anyone else a little frustrated with Korra? At least, up until the last four episodes, which were great?

I mean, the only thing going for this show was Varrick up until the two parter with Wan and the first Avatar. Where were you plot? Where were you!?! :cry2:

Anyone else a little frustrated with Korra? At least, up until the last four episodes, which were great?

I mean, the only thing going for this show was Varrick up until the two parter with Wan and the first Avatar. Where were you plot? Where were you!?! :cry2:

I haven't seen any episodes since "Beginnings, Part 2" and I've greatly enjoyed this season. The first several episodes delved very deep into the question of what it means to be a family, and in ways neither A:TLA nor LoK has ever had opportunities to do so.

See, I gave up on Korra so I can't speak for me, but everyone I hear talk about it seems disenchanted or openly disgusted by LoK by this point, my sister included.

Well, I just watched the season finale of Korra on Nick.com and it was pretty epic! All these episodes since The Beginnings have been great and make the episodes before that seem rather weak. The first half of the season just seemed to be filler-ish setup for the second half and had a lot of what we had seen before, like love triangles and Korra being brash and apologizing afterwards. The fact that Unalaq was a pretty uninteresting villain and absent for most of the season didn't help. I agree with people who say that The Beginnings should have been shown first to give the viewers an idea of what the main plot was going to be about and give a reason for Korra to return to her pig-headed ways after the Book I finale. It seemed like she didn't learn anything from the last season. Aside from that, it was still a pretty good season.

The finale, while awesome, wasn't without its flaws either though.

In some ways, it opened up more questions than it answered. All of Korra's powers towards the end were never established and seemed like they were being made up on the spot. And since when does Jinora have spirit powers? Also, if Light and Dark can't exist without each other and therefore can't be destroyed, what happened to Vaatu in the end? It was all quite vague and I wish they would have explained these things more, but everything else was good, so maybe they will explain them in the next season.

Overall it was a good season and I look forward to the next.

Only one more week until this thread gets flooded with MLP posts. Enjoy the quiet before the storm, folks. :tongue:

Only one more week until this thread gets flooded with MLP posts. Enjoy the quiet before the storm, folks. :tongue:

Cannot wait! So nervicited! :laugh:

You Whoovians can have your Day of the Doctor! We got Princess Purple Smart! :grin:

Cannot wait! So nervicited! :laugh:

You Whoovians can have your Day of the Doctor! We got Princess Purple Smart! :grin:

My local brony group is getting together at a library to watch the season premiere via livestream. I'm very excited!

The Legend of Korra Book 2 is also coming to a close soon. I know the last two episodes have been released online. I may watch them before the broadcast premiere and may not — it all depends if I get an opportunity to watch them together with my mom before that time, as she's been enjoying the series as well and it's been fun watching the new episodes together.