[Review] 7753 Pirate Tank

indexed.gif

Set Name: Lego 7753 Pirate Tank

Theme: Star Wars

Released: 2009

Pieces: 372

Price: ?

Minifigs: 3

Lego keep coming up with new minifigs and along with them new vehicles, 7753 Pirate Tank gives us 2 new lego minifigs: Hondo Ohnaka and Turk Falso (sorry, I actually get to know them only by now), Obi-Wan Kenobi is not new, but nice to have if you haven't got him already.

At around USD 50 in Hong Kong, I would still consider this a good buy, with 372 pieces including 3 minifigs (2 new and rare ones), again, the value would be determined by the quality of the vehicle. And for this one, I would give it a thumbs up.

The vehicle is not looking great actually, and honestly I haven't seen it in the Star War movie or TV series before, just did some research on the web and gradually knowing more about these pirate guys and their tank, but I found the design quite interesting, specifically the rising seat, but together with the minifigs the whole thing suddenly makes sense, a guy holding two guns appearing from the vehicle and starting combat action!

Besides, the two minifigs are good, at first impression, Hondo may appear to be a bad guy, but after some reading I think the character is a complex one, better watch the episodes before jumping into conclusion, and I have also taken a nice picture of this guy, you can check it out along with details pictures of the rising seat mechanisms at my blog:

http://brickand.me/2009/07/06/Lego7753Pira...kSetReview.aspx

Overall I would strongly recommend getting this set, after all, it is not expensive, why miss it?

7753_MightlyKill_7040.JPG

7753_Hondo%20Ohnaka%20_7027.JPG

Good review but not so good set :sceptic:

If the pricing at US and Europe is reasonable, perhaps it would be more attractive

great review. I really want this set to come out soon because here in new zealand its actually surprisingly cheap compared to other sets of the same size over the last few years. In your review I really like your photos they are great especially the one with Hondo Ohnaka (i think) and turk falso in the background.

Great review and you may want to consider signing up for the reviewers academy :classic:

great review. I really want this set to come out soon because here in new zealand its actually surprisingly cheap compared to other sets of the same size over the last few years. In your review I really like your photos they are great especially the one with Hondo Ohnaka (i think) and turk falso in the background.

Great review and you may want to consider signing up for the reviewers academy :classic:

Thanks, but I am only a newbie here, trying to have some contribution and sharing.

Interested to know more about the reviewers academy though.

I like this set because it features the seedy underworld of the Star Wars universe that has largely been ignored by Lego in favor of more of the same old clones, droids, and jedi.