Sign in to follow this  
Bonaparte

AFOL Survey - July 2009 - send your feedback to the LEGO Group

From time to time, the LEGO Group is requesting AFOL Communities to answer an online questionnaire. This way they keep track on improvements and learn more about the community to work better together. Please take a few moments to fill the questionnaire.

It is very important for the LEGO Group to get as many answers as possible. The questionnaire is short, and won't take you more than two minutes. Thanks for your contribution!

Bonaparte, Ambassador Classic-Pirates.com

Just filled it out. Thanks Bonaparte. :pir-classic:

Thanks! The link to the survey also contains a special code so the LEGO Group knows exactly how many particaped via Classic-Pirates.com. So spread the word and do the survey :thumbup:

Thanks! The link to the survey also contains a special code so the LEGO Group knows exactly how many particaped via Classic-Pirates.com. So spread the word and do the survey :thumbup:

I filled it out.

Hopefully we're going to get less cartoonised Pirates!

I've just completed the survey.

Seems to be a strong emphasis on Brick Journal this year. Having not read Brick Journal previously could somebody please tell me why it's so important to have such extensive questioning in the LEGO survey?

Hahaha, I know about the code, it almost caught me out. When I added the image to the frontpage I almost didn't use the special link on the photo. But I noticed just in time! :pir-classic:

Thanks for sharing Bonaparte, I always enjoy filling in these surveys as it feels like we, the LEGO consumers, have an input. Thanks for the link mate. :thumbup:

I commented again about how I believe LEGO is incorrect to prevent their designers from interacting with consumers to build products that we want.

From my understanding the LEGO Group prevents interaction between designers (or LEGO set designs in general) and consumers to avoid legal entanglements. If a designer was to accept an idea from a consumer without going through the appropriate channels (I.e. the ones that verfied the intellectual property rights), that person could potentally claim the LEGO Group stole their idea and take legal action.

So that's why we have LEGO Ambassadors to act as the middle person between the consumer and LEGO Group.

From my understanding the LEGO Group prevents interaction between designers (or LEGO set designs in general) and consumers to avoid legal entanglements. If a designer was to accept an idea from a consumer without going through the appropriate channels (I.e. the ones that verfied the intellectual property rights), that person could potentally claim the LEGO Group stole their idea and take legal action.

So that's why we have LEGO Ambassadors to act as the middle person between the consumer and LEGO Group.

Yes I know all of this, and I think its silly.

Please refer to the timeless story of how I became the black sheep in the first place.

Besides, I dont think that is a legal issue if lots of us want a blue coat/imperial ship and then they make one.

-Super

Yes I know all of this, and I think its silly. Please refer to the timeless story of how I became the black sheep in the first place.

Yes, it's silly people do purposely create situations in which they can take legal action against others to get money, but that's the real world and it happens. Therefore the LEGO Group has to protect themselves against such people.

I have no idea where this timeless story is.

Besides, I dont think that is a legal issue if lots of us want a blue coat/imperial ship and then they make one.

No, that's too generalised, but you specifically said "prevent their designers from interacting with consumers to build products that we want" in which case the designers don't need to interact with consumers because it's the role of the LEGO Ambassador to ascertain whether there is a high demand for blue coat/imperial ships. If there is sufficient demand then consumer information and ideas may be passed to the designers.

I quite like these surveys, as it shows that TLC does want to know what we think.

What i'm missing though is a report of the outcome and what actions they will take to attend to the questions and problems mentioned.

I have filled it out again, it was also mentioned by Cagri and frontpaged by Copmike.

Keep filling in those surveys folks and feel free to discuss your opinions in this thread!

What i'm missing though is a report of the outcome and what actions they will take to attend to the questions and problems mentioned.

Their carrier pigeons must be taking the week off, so as you'd expect the reports are piling up in the mail room. :pir-grin:

In my opinion, I believe that Lego looks at the majority of answers from each site and country. If people say "Its too expensive" then they will proberbly lower it by about £2.00. Nothing special.

Not being completely unconfident about the Lego Company but they havent really been reliable for AFOL ideas in the past years.

Thats just my opinion. :thumbup:

That's more of a guess than opinion, but perhaps our Ambassador could give us more information about how the information is used once he returns. Or maybe not. So stay tuned...

Not being completely unconfident about the Lego Company but they havent really been reliable for AFOL ideas in the past years.

I beg to differ: Emerald Night, Medieval Market Village, Millenium Falcon, Death Star and all the modular buildings just to name a few were all produced due to AFOL demand. How many 10 year olds do you know who can afford a $250 building?

If I'm not mistaken sets like the Death Star and Medieval Market Village were produced specifically for AFOLs because of feedback given by AFOLs themselves.

I beg to differ: Emerald Night, Medieval Market Village, Millenium Falcon, Death Star and all the modular buildings just to name a few were all produced due to AFOL demand. How many 10 year olds do you know who can afford a $250 building?
If I'm not mistaken sets like the Death Star and Medieval Market Village were produced specifically for AFOLs because of feedback given by AFOLs themselves.

I'm always wrong hey? :pir-tongue: