Erdbeereis

Who's Going to Brickworld 2010?

I missed the part where your MOC is required to be complete when it is displayed...This would be especially true for an apoco display...just dump an extra pile of bricks next to it with a couple of turquoise bears with rocket launchers on top of it and call it "done for now"

No need to be a perfectionist...please reference one of my entries for the world of lights this year. It was called Procrastination. I am sure there is a picture of it on Flickr or MOC pages somewhere.

But seriously...just glad that you are going to give Brickworld a visit!!! I hope you have enough fun that you are sorry you didn't attend the entire event :grin:

Bryan

...please reference one of my entries for the world of lights this year. It was called Procrastination. I am sure there is a picture of it on Flickr or MOC pages somewhere.

Oh man, that one made me crack up so much then. It really doesn't matter how far along you are with something - there's so much more to it than displaying MOCs.

I missed the part where your MOC is required to be complete when it is displayed...This would be especially true for an apoco display...just dump an extra pile of bricks next to it with a couple of turquoise bears with rocket launchers on top of it and call it "done for now"

No need to be a perfectionist...please reference one of my entries for the world of lights this year. It was called Procrastination. I am sure there is a picture of it on Flickr or MOC pages somewhere.

But seriously...just glad that you are going to give Brickworld a visit!!! I hope you have enough fun that you are sorry you didn't attend the entire event :grin:

Bryan

Thanks for the input, but I only have two buildings right now, working on the third... :grin:

With all of my MOCs, I only like to show them off when I am at least close. Don't know how many buildings will be in my town, at least 5. Plus, I don't think I would have the time to go down to Illinois for that length of time. For me, it's easier to make it a day trip.

Even if you can't stay for the private hours, you should plan on coming down early so you can spend as much time as possible at Brickworld. The time will go faster than you can imagine. Everyone is right, it is so much more than showing off your MOCs. I walked by Ricecracker's table at least 6 times that weekend, he was there once. Which means he was out socializing, meeting new people, and having a great time.

If you can, go to Brickworld. You will not be disappointed!

I really want to go next year. I was planning on it this year, but it never happened. If school's out by the time BW10 starts up, I'll come down there as a guest. Hopefully I'll meet a few of you there! :sweet: It definitely sounds like a lot of fun.

I look forward to meeting you...along with all of the other people who are expressing interest.

I really want to go next year. I was planning on it this year, but it never happened. If school's out by the time BW10 starts up, I'll come down there as a guest. Hopefully I'll meet a few of you there! :sweet: It definitely sounds like a lot of fun.

That would be great to see you there JimBee!

Seeing as my bonus payment from my job is coming any day now, and that getting a week off in June shouldn't be a problem it's now close to 90% certain that I'll make it to BW10. So, any other Europeans that know they're going? :classic:

I look forward to meeting you...along with all of the other people who are expressing interest.

Thanks, likewise. :sweet:

That would be great to see you there JimBee!

So you're officially coming this year? That's great! :thumbup:

Bad news...

Unfortunately, I can't go this year... :sadnew: I just found out that I'll be traveling starting Friday the 18th of June, and I can't go on Thursday, either. Man, this really sucks, I was looking forward to meeting all of you in person for the first time and seeing all those amazing MOCs... :hmpf_bad:

Why can't BW be scheduled around my life? :tongue:

I would say I'm hoping to come next year if I wanted to jinx it. I hope that everyone else has a blast, remember to tell how it went once you get back!

Aww Bummer Jim, I was looking forward to seeing you here. :cry_sad:

BTW: I'm now registered for Brickworld, Yay! Hope to see more EB members there!

Hoping to make a two day event of it this year. Stay over Saturday night. We all felt we would enjoy the show much much more if we could pace ourselves and not feel rushed to see it all in one day.

Not much of a chance to meet anyone either. So this year I think officially attending might be great for the family.

I'll be there with bells on! Ok... maybe not with bells, but I'll be there! I live about 15 minutes from the Westin hotel, so I'll be there pretty much every day. I'm registered and will be bringing MOCs to show... no clue what they're going to be yet, but I'm bringing em!

I won't be staying at the hotel for obvious reasons, but I look forward to seeing all my friends from brickworlds past and meeting new ones!

LET'S DO THIS THING!

And there, flights booked, so Brickworld will get its first Norwegian visitor. :sweet: Looking forward to meeting lots of great people there :grin:

Beware the Viking and Antipodean invasion! It is happening people. :oh3:

A little pillaging and burning never hurt. :tongue: I can't wait to meet all my fellow EB-ers who are planning to attend BW 2010. We might have to schedule some kind of 'meet up' during 'World of Lights'. Bring your own growler/flask/cooler/etc. :tongue:

-Davey

Count another Aussie in, im making the journey over, going to bring my Qantas Airbus A380 (Eurobricks post link), also a few smaller mocs.

Really looking forward to it, should be a blast!

Cheers

Ryan

PS ill be bringing some custom sets, airbuses, as well as some custom printed minifigs and a new retro post office van with fully printed bricks inculded, ill send links once its finished.

PPS im on the comittee of Brickvention, Australia's largest Lego show, so ill be interested to see how the Americans do it :) hehehehe

Can someone tell me the difference between just attending Brickworld and being a registered attendee at Brickworld? If you don't register, can you still go to the LEGO store for the special discounts? I'm thinking about going this year, and it's my first time ever doing any thing like this. Thanks for the help.

Can someone tell me the difference between just attending Brickworld and being a registered attendee at Brickworld? If you don't register, can you still go to the LEGO store for the special discounts? I'm thinking about going this year, and it's my first time ever doing any thing like this. Thanks for the help.

If you do not register, all you can do is walk through and see the MOCs on the public days (Saturday and Sunday). If you are registered, for just $40 more, you can go to many workshops and roundtable discussions, get the goodie bag free, are eligible for the many raffles and free giveaways, and can make use of the Lego store event and on-site PAB. That's just scratching the surface. I would definitely recommend registering over going as a public visitor.

The savings from the sales make up the extra cost itself, anyway. :wink:

Ricecracker pretty much covered it. The only thing I will add is that that the value of the goody bag contents alone last year pretty much covered the registration fee. Definitely worth registering as an attendee. :classic:

-Davey

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

I'll be there! I won't be able to get in until early Friday though so look for me then. I'll be somewhere near the space layout. (I was last year at least.) :tongue: