Sign in to follow this  
Tung T. Le

REVIEW: 8169 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4!

Superb - how awesome...! Thanks for the great pics. I've had a look on LS@H and bit of a heavy price tag but it does look amazing. I've not really looked at the 1:17 models (Ferrari) so far but now with this Lamborghini they are starting to get my attention. Irritating the Ferrari 430s are now discontinued...! Will keep an eye on this for sure...

I was in love with this set ever since the first pictures but its price kept me away from buying. Recently I faced the box and after 5 minutes I decided to buy it anyway.

After assembling the spider (great roof!!!) I concluded it's deffinatly worth its price! Great and many pieces, a lot more pieces than I expected! Tootk me as long to assemble as the Café Corner aswell! A decent 3 hours. Might be long but I did it with interest and love lol.

When you're on the edge to decide, deffinatly buy this set now you got the chance!

As for length: 35-36 studs, width: 14 studs.

I have a dumb question : do the front wheels turn ?

No, they don't but I'm sure they can after a bit of modding.

Edited by Perterz

Just built the Spyder version of this, without stickers. It looks pretty odd i gotta say!

One problem i had was with the colours on the instructions. Dark grey and black look very similar, especially during the start of the built. Oh and there was a mistake in the piece call-outs for constructing the doors.

Apart from that it is fantastic, great detail and very cool retractable roof. :thumbup:

It really is a beautiful machine and looks brilliant without the stickers too. Actually it appears a fair amount more realistic in the flesh than on the box.

I bought one for $65 AUD and spent a good 3 hours building it. Lego should definately make more cars of this scale and detail because I'd buy them in a flash.

Edited by Nikau

I'll be getting the set this week. Has anyone tried applying only the upper parts of the headlight stickers (on the wheel arches), without the smaller bits (applied to the 1x2 cheese slopes) in front of them? I'm not a fan of how the headlight stickers are split there, and I'm wondering how it would look.

I must admit I am liking this more and more but it is right that the wheels don't go round? If so I find that a bit strange as some swooshing (read cruising!) would be needed for sure of this!!

I must admit I am liking this more and more but it is right that the wheels don't go round? If so I find that a bit strange as some swooshing (read cruising!) would be needed for sure of this!!

The wheels do "Go round", they just don't steer.

I Just found out this is now avaible at target, so i'll be using my last gift card of the year to pick this up. Can't wait to start mocing!

My guess is next year they'll release a GTR race version like they did for the F-430.

I love Lambos, but passed on this mainly due to it having NO headlights nor taillights other than stickers. $5 racer sets have clear parts for taillights, but not this? Surely they could have done SOMETHING. (also, I'm not fond of the yellow--white or black would have looked much better IMHO)

I love Lambos, but passed on this mainly due to it having NO headlights nor taillights other than stickers. $5 racer sets have clear parts for taillights, but not this? Surely they could have done SOMETHING. (also, I'm not fond of the yellow--white or black would have looked much better IMHO)

I think this would have been a perfect opertunity to use lime green.

I think this would have been a perfect opertunity to use lime green.

That's what I said too, or at least orange. And your idea of the GTR version would be interesting to see as a set :classic:

True, now that Lambo seems to have focused on "citrus" paint colors it would have been appropriate, and lime or orange would have sold zillions purely as parts-packs.

thanks for the confirmation 5150, :classic: thank goodness for that!!! has anyone seen this anywhere in the UK? I've not seen this set in any shops yet. The pics of this set on this thread are really good, such an awesome car.

Edited by jamzee

Got my Lambo's. Sweet. Comparison shots of the two models:

8169a_front.jpg

8169b_back.jpg

This is a great set, and a strong contender for my all-time favorite set. The only negative points I can come up with are the stickered head and tail lights, and that the doors open past 90 degrees.

yes, sweet for sure - too right spacemonkey - great shots! - any more greatly appreciated, looking hot!

Alrighty then. Here's the Lambo coupe next to a MOC built from the 8156 FXX set:

racers_1.jpg_thumb.jpg racers_2.jpg_thumb.jpg

Edited by SpaceMonkey

Thanks spacemonkey - absolutely love it, will be lining this up I think for sure...!! outstanding... more please <Lego> !!

This is an awesome set, I absolutely love it, the only downside is the stickers across multiple pieces, and on curved pieces.

Ordered it yesterday and cannot wait!! - next decision is which version to build first I suppose! - it looks absolute class...

Great Review Tung T. Le! :thumbup:

Man that is one sleek car :wub:

I like it how you have the red one along side, they look Great together! :wub:

Great job!

CommanderFox

I missed this in my first ruin through of this thread, but I can't believe that they figured out a way to get the roof to slide back over the engine!!

Give me te Lamborghini instead of the Ferrari. Great review, thanks! The real car is great, and the Lego version is also great :thumbup: