Sign in to follow this  
MagPiesRUs

Noir Mafia Confirmation/General Discussion Thread

Avenge me, fellow citizens! Do not let my death go unpunished! :sing:

Ah well, I had a fun first day at least. Looking forward to seeing how things turn out. :classic:

I dont remember you ever getting killed in a mafia game. :oh3: ...Well atleast not on the first day or 2.

I'm just letting everyone know that I'll be away for two weeks without internet access starting tonight. :sweet:

Take this as you want, I really don't give a $%(@#! This bugs me and now I'm gonna speak up.

I am really sick and tired of people signing up for games, and then they leave, go on vacation, forget, WHATEVER! THAT SUCKS! You sign up to play, you need to play. If you can't play...then don't sign up. I'm not talking about missing a real day or two. I mean these people that go on vacation for a week or so, and then none of us know what's going on?

I'm not saying that you shouldn't go on vacation or whatever...just don't sign up for a mystery/mafia game when other people are depending on you to be in the game!

This is not a personal attack towards anyone, but if you think I mean you, then maybe you need to think about wether or not you should be signing up for these games. I've played a few of these games, and if all of you guys that run these games want some constructive criticism, here it is!!! We have replacements, reserves, scabs, whatever, for a reason. Let's not be afraid to use them. I haven't seen three people post yet for todays game day? Two are on vacation, right?

Seriously, am I the only one that feels this way?

I'm done for now!

Yes, I was gone for the first game day. I apologize if this angers you, but I asked TinyPies if I could still sign up if I was gone for the first week or so, before I actually signed up. Obviously, this was okay with him. In fact, is was barely five days that I missed out.

And I haven't posted much in Day 2 because I haven't had anything to say that hasn't been said already. I have been reading and gathering information so I can actually make a meaningful post and say something important rather than repeating something or just spamming the thread up.

I appreciate you bringing this up and stating your opinion, really. And you made your point very clear so in your next post, could it please be composed in a calmer manner?

Actually, I'll address this for you. From here on out, if someone has something to say, which will probably turn this thread into one big justification argument, please just PM me and don't clutter up the rest of the discussion thread, ok?

No, it cannot be said in a clamer manner, because I was very calm. Just ask Hinckley. People need to understand the importance of this.

And I never considered you at all. I choose to watch what other people write also. Please reread what I wrote Jim. I'm talking about extended periods of time.

We have replacements, reserves, scabs, whatever, for a reason. Let's not be afraid to use them.

I agree with you, Stash, even though I believe internet forum games shouldn't be an obstacle for living one's own, real life. :wink:

So while people are free to do whatever they want with their own lives (go on a vacation or be too busy to post etc.), it would be courteous to the host and other players to let them know about it, and if the time of unavailability is overly extended, it would be great if the people would step down and give their place to someone who has the time to play.

This can all be done in a calm matter without extra exclamation marks and finger-pointing, right? :wink: But I trust TinyPies will do something about it if he sees the need.

Another thing to remember is that for every player that's inactive (for whatever reason) it will be increasingly harder to get a majority vote against someone. And contrary to popular belief, voting is actually what mafia games are all about :wink: All the night actions and other stuff are just fluffy decorations around that one core concept.

Another thing to remember is that for every player that's inactive (for whatever reason) it will be increasingly harder to get a majority vote against someone. And contrary to popular belief, voting is actually what mafia games are all about :wink: All the night actions and other stuff are just fluffy decorations around that one core concept.

Wow, you're desperate to get people to vote someone. :tongue:

But I understand this, because in the real-life versions I've played, everybody had to vote for someone each day, and the one who got the most votes (not the majority of the total voters, though) was eliminated.

But I get that things work differently in this version of the game. :wink:

Wow, you're desperate to get people to vote someone. :tongue:

No, I'm just fed up with a gazillion of posts with "I don't want to vote without some evidence" :tongue:

@ Escape the Fate - NOPE! Only way we need less votes, less people to vote. If you are out of town or on vacation, it's just a vote that never gets cast.

Ah man. I go to my cousins for a day and a half, and I come back to this. :tongue:

I'm just not good when I'm a man I guess. I wish I could have defended myself, though I actually don't see where everyone's suspcions came from. I was actually taking the most active role of helping this game that I ever had. I expected the scum to knock me off quickly, not the townies.

Ah man. I go to my cousins for a day and a half, and I come back to this. :tongue:

I'm just not good when I'm a man I guess. I wish I could have defended myself, though I actually don't see where everyone's suspcions came from. I was actually taking the most active role of helping this game that I ever had. I expected the scum to knock me off quickly, not the townies.

Its not the scum or townies that get killed off first, its the annoying players, regardless of allegiance. :tongue:

haha...just kidding....although that is somewhat true. :tongue::grin:

Can't wait for day 3. :sweet:

Its not the scum or townies that get killed off first, its the annoying players, regardless of allegiance. :tongue:

Thanks. :hmpf::laugh:

haha...just kidding....although that is somewhat true. :tongue::grin:

Can't wait for day 3. :sweet:

:tongue: How was I annoying this game?

I have to say, I'm extremely sad to be killed off this early. I haven't played past day 3 in a proper Mafia since... i think my first actually... :cry_sad:

Thanks. :hmpf::laugh:

I wasnt talking about you.... specifically. :tongue: I mean in mafia games theres always the annoying players...and sometimes they end up getting 14 bullets in them. :tongue::laugh: (See Baritones I for reference)

:tongue: How was I annoying this game?

I have to say, I'm extremely sad to be killed off this early. I haven't played past day 3 in a proper Mafia since... i think my first actually... :cry_sad:

Randomly accusing people with no evidence. Thats annoying. :laugh::tongue:

Randomly accusing people with no evidence. Thats annoying. :laugh::tongue:

My bad. :blush:

:grin:

To be honest, I really am just trying to get us closer to the point where most of the scum is dead, and we can all lower it down to a few players that we know are scum.

Sorry if I've been annoying. :look:

Take this as you want, I really don't give a $%(@#! This bugs me and now I'm gonna speak up.

I am really sick and tired of people signing up for games, and then they leave, go on vacation, forget, WHATEVER! THAT SUCKS! You sign up to play, you need to play. If you can't play...then don't sign up. I'm not talking about missing a real day or two. I mean these people that go on vacation for a week or so, and then none of us know what's going on?

I'm not saying that you shouldn't go on vacation or whatever...just don't sign up for a mystery/mafia game when other people are depending on you to be in the game!

This is not a personal attack towards anyone, but if you think I mean you, then maybe you need to think about wether or not you should be signing up for these games. I've played a few of these games, and if all of you guys that run these games want some constructive criticism, here it is!!! We have replacements, reserves, scabs, whatever, for a reason. Let's not be afraid to use them. I haven't seen three people post yet for todays game day? Two are on vacation, right?

Seriously, am I the only one that feels this way?

I'm done for now!

Hey, if they sign up and leave it gives us blokes who didnt know about until its to late a chance :classic:

Stash2sixx I agree with you to a certain point, but everyone has to start somewhere, and the easiest way is to play.

But you should revise and read the rules every so often to keep your mind fresh.

Edited by keetong

What did you say? I should revise and reread the rules? Everyone should start by playing?

What post did you read? That is confusing!

What did you say? I should revise and reread the rules? Everyone should start by playing?

What post did you read? That is confusing!

Its how you read it - he's saying that although reading past mafias can be good, the bestw ay to do it is to sign-up and play one :classic:.

He also said that reading and revising past mafias is good, though :wink:

Am I right?

~A.S.

Edited by AwesomeStar

You never forget your first, eh Mary? :wink:

Sign in to follow this