Sign in to follow this  
maydayartist

Buildings for my first Pirate island

thindexedgif.gif 84c

Hi there. First I have to say what a wonderfull section you have here. I've seen a lot of great Mocs and other constructions.

I don't know, if this board has a welcome section, so I write a bit detais from me right here.

I'm Phil from germany and a Lego fan for my complete childhood, there were nothing else :pir-cry_happy:

After a long break an now with a five year old nephew, I take my old stuff and bought a lot of new one online.

My favorite genre are castle and after a little castle Moc (Castle moc) I decided to build an island with a pirate harbor.

I like the huge number of dioramas and vignetten with all the little details but for me it has to be a round object.

First I start with the buildings.

They are not finished but the last details will come later.

And here they are:

the captains house

captains_house.jpg

the counting office (I don't know if it's the right name for it, in german it's the Kontor)

counting_office.jpg

a normal house (my tan bricks end after this little thing :pir-cry_sad: ) :pir_laugh2:

house.jpg

the tavern (inspired by 10193, taken from my castle moc and redesigned, I love this building)

tavern.jpg

the tower (a replica from a picture of an Anno 1701 artwork, maybe someone know this)

tower.jpg

Ok, please post your comments and your suggestions for improvement

Edited by SlyOwl

holy megabloks... That is really good for just getting started building again. Those look really nice, I love the captian's house, the tavern, the tower, I love all of it! I really like how you used bley round bricks, sloped bricks, and normal bricks at the base of the tavern, it makes it look like real stone! Great job, I can't wait to see more! :thumbup:

Your attention to detail is simply amazing and awe inspiring. Your buildings would be a welcome addition to my harbor!!!

Right now I am in the large building phase but look forward to making smaller and more detailed projects such as this.

You should be very very very proud of your MOCs, and I am very jealous of your skill and detail. You are very welcome to our corner of the forum!!!

Those are some really lovely buildings you've built there Maydayartist! :wub:

My favorite by far is the tavern. It has so many great little things going for it. Excellent work!

That's a really great job for a first one !

I really like the tavern and the counting office : the wood tower is so great !

Moreover, I like how you made the see around the building : simple but so effective !

(By the way, for what I can see, your castle skills are really great too !)

Welcome to Classic-Pirates. You have a wonderful series of buildings. I'd have to say the crows nest structure and the tavern are my two favorites. I can't wait to see your island come together. I would love to see your building dressed up with people and action. Do they have interiors?

really really great stuff champ.....cant wait to se...hear what the next contest title is....im so full of.....ideas :pir-cry_happy:

I spy a sloped fort in the edge of that last picture!

I love your buildings! I also love the technique used to create the sand and water using wedges! Amazing!

Great work! The tower and tavern look spectacular! Think the stained glass in the tavern could be improved by doing something like this:

12434718018_SPLASH.jpg

And the 'normal house' looks like a fantastic house! :pir_laugh2: Great job, keep it up!

~LW 8~

Back from work.

Thanks for all of your positive feedback!

@ Commodore Hornblower

Interior comes later or never. If its time for the details in the buildings I can´t wait to build a new (most bigger) structure and before all details are made the whole Moc will be demolished :)

But have no fear, figures and other small details on the island and around the buildings will come yet. ;)

I love the smoke, dark an dirty pirate atmosphere, the most reason I decided to build this project. I do my best to make it happen in this moc but this is not my best part. We will see.

@ 74louloute

Thanks :) the simple answer is: I don´t have enough blue baseplates, but 14x 16x32 tan plates. Therefore the tan plates will be the beach and the little blues surround the whole island to look like an water embedded island. Quick and dirty ;) This will be more detailed later, too.

Here is another detail located on the water side of the mountain, a small stone arch.

post-6686-1247698126.jpg

Edited by maydayartist

Wow, those are already some nicely detailed buildings you have there! :thumbup:

The shape of the rock looks great as well, i'd make some smaller rocks in the water there and maybe add a little more vegetation.

Very inspiring, keep it up!

@ Joey Lock

Very well spied, but it´s not an Fort. It is a star shaped quay equipped with cannons to defend the harbor.

@ Lego_warlord_8

yeah good idea. The yellow trans plates in the fences should look like a pub window like this one on the picture below (I couldn

post-6686-1247699347.jpg

Edited by maydayartist

these buildings are really cool, I loovveee the tower!

Great buildings you show us.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Small thing: By using the plates to create the water it looks like the island is being fludded.

With so much positive feedback, the intention to go further is much higher :)

Thats great!

And the postman delivered new stuff! I´m now owner of a very rare cypress ;) by random.

It was instant placed at the update of the counting office. A little big change is the length of the building is increase by 2, between the store and the tower. That dispere more the whole structure.

New picture of them (now with the little naked backside) are added below.

@ L-space

Yes indeed, but I can

Edited by maydayartist

kontor_update.jpg

WOW! The allusive and ever wanted $900 cyprus tree!

Makes the building look so much more expensive and like an accounting office! :pir_laugh2:

Some nicely crafted buildings, very inspirational to someone like me who hasn't tried this theme as much, Cheers!

All your buildings look spectacular, I'll definitely use some of your techniques when building my new port!

By the way, what set was that cypress tree featured in?

It was an additional give away on an incomplete 6081. I like this ~80% complete sets on ebay, they are mostly not so expensive and well fill up with the rest of my collection.

It was an additional give away on an incomplete 6081. I like this ~80% complete sets on ebay, they are mostly not so expensive and well fill up with the rest of my collection.

That is an excellent idea, you could turn quite a profit that way. But what I wanted to know was what set LEGO put cypress trees in. :classic:

Edited by Admiral M

These buildings look very good, I like the tavern the most, it has interesting building tecnhiques :pir-classic: The kontor is also great, and maybe some banners or flags would be a nice touch. It all looks a bit empty, but that's why I'm eager to see this when it's finished, when it's one village with a lot of people :pir-classic: So keep up the good work (and welcome to the forum)