Sign in to follow this  
Luke McAwesome

The Treasure of the Lost Mine: Chapter 2

Chapter 1

Hi, again! :classic:

Now, you may have thought the last chapter was short? Wait till you see this one. I just didn't have much planned for the first few chapters, sorry. The next one will be way more fun, I promise. :wink:

(Don't understand what's going on? Check out the profiles of the characters here!)

Problems, Oversized Phones, and Mysterious Voices.

Day: July 4

Time: 2:11 AM

James Grady's Apartment

Tired, angry, and rather confused, James Grady lay in bed, not getting any sleep since he got home from his boss's office.

With a bottle of whiskey and a chocolate bar laying next to him, he was hoping he would soon get an idea.

chapter_2_1.jpg

What am I going to do, he thought. I don't know how anyone can think drinking makes their problems go away, it's just making me feel worse with every drink I take!

And he felt terrible, he felt as if one more problem and he would just sink down in a corner and die. His job was one of the only things he had; he had only one friend, no girlfriend, and could barely afford this apartment. His job was the only reason he got up in the morning.

*RING!* *RING!* *RING!*

"GAH!" *THUNK!*

He flew of the bed and landed on the floor.

"Ow..." he rubbed his head, which had collided with the old, moldy, hard carpet. He sat down on the bed and realized that it was only his phone.

chapter_2_2.jpg

He stood up and grabbed it. I just realized how oversized this phone is; what, is it from the '70s? he thought.

*BEEP!* The phone made the sound as he hit the "Talk" button.

chapter_2_3.jpg

"Hello? Ahem, hello?"

"Is this James?" asked a man's voice.

"Yes. May I ask who I am speaking to?"

"Hello, Mr. Grady. My name is Michael Leighton. I need to meet you at the Starbricks on the corner of North 500 and South 900. I have a feeling I can help you with your job issues. Meet me there at 11:00 AM. Will you be there?"

"Yes, but how did you kno-"

"Great, see you then."

*click*

"Hello? Hello?" But the man had already hung up.

How did he know about his job? Why was this man wanting to talk to him so badly? And why was all of his whiskey gone?

chapter_2_4.jpg

He grabbed his chocolate bar and sat down.

He took a bite and started thinking about getting some sleep; he wanted to be well rested for the morning, and see who this man was.

----

Sorry about the shortness, but I'll have the next chapter be waaaaaay longer, and it'll be up as soon as I can build the next stage. :grin:

Thanks,

-Striker

Chocolate and whiskey on an empty stomach :sick::tongue:

You are certainly keeping us intrigued with the story :wink:

You are certainly keeping us intrigued with the story :wink:

I do my best. :grin:

As for the whiskey and chocolate, I have no clue as to what "Plastic Peeps" like to eat, but I was just taking a guess. :laugh:

Good one, but still, very short. I laughed out loud at the whiskey and chocolate and when he fell off his bed.

Good one, but still, very short. I laughed out loud at the whiskey and chocolate and when he fell off his bed.

I aim to please. :laugh:

I'm happy you guys *kind of* like it. :classic:

Who's that man, I wonder? :look:

Great story! Sure its short, but these things take work!

I loved it, more, more!

~A.S.

Yes! Another! :cry_happy::thumbup:

Great job. :thumbup:

"I just realized how oversized this phone is; what, is it from the '70s?" lol. :laugh: