Sign in to follow this  
SirNadroj

Pachycephalosaurus

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Oh boy, I hope "dinosaur" is a "historic theme"! :tongue:

This is my first brick-built dinosaur - my personal favorite, the (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pachycephalosaurus) Pachycephalosaurus. This particular creation is unlike many other creations of mine for a couple reasons, one being the scale, and two being the rough texture [notice the use of 1 x 1 round plates vs. 1 x 1 (square) plates and the exposed studs.]

1-160.jpg

2-146.jpg

3-138.jpg

4-115.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Zoh my gosh! This is awesome! This is only your first brick-built dinosaur? Wow...you are too good at this... :thumbup:

I think this place would be fine. I mean, when I think dinosaurs, I think old. Old=history to me. :tongue: Just kidding. But if this isn't right, I'm sure a mod can move it to the correct position. :classic:

All-in-all, great job!

Very nice, SirNadroj.

Being a paleontologist and loving the dinos' reconstruction, I must say that the torso is a bit too massive/barrel shaped and long compared to the legs: it would probably need a bit more elaboration on the abdomen-lower torso part, which is a bit too flat imo :look: ; on the other hand, you reproduced the thick cranium very well :thumbup: .

LuxorV

This is just stunningly good for a first dinosaur! While not a palaeontologist, I'd agree that the torso is a bit longish, but otherwise it looks nice, and I like the sloped rockwork to go with it.

Masterpiece work as usual, SirNadroj! :thumbup: A bit difficult to recognize it at first look but after that you can't stop to look the great details :wink:

Looks pretty good, especially the head, but the body seems too segmented. I think it would look better if you either made the legs thicker, or the torso thinner, to even things out. I'm also sure LuxorV knows what he's talking about when he says the torso is too long.

This does actually belong in Other Themes.