Burf2000

How do you Manage Your LEGO Addiction?

Get a wife. Have children. It will sort out your priorities.

4 hours ago, makoy said:

That's me screwed then, I can't have kids :laugh:.

2 hours ago, MxWinters said:

That's me screwed then

Being 61, single, no kids - means that I am screwed too.

With more than 30 years of LEGO addiction, space is the real problem for me.

My apartment is filled, my storage room in the basement is filled - and the extra storage room I rented is filled too.

The square metres are done with, there might be a bit of cubic metres left...

lego1 - Kopi.png

9 hours ago, ArneNielsen said:

Being 61, single, no kids - means that I am screwed too.

With more than 30 years of LEGO addiction, space is the real problem for me.

My apartment is filled, my storage room in the basement is filled - and the extra storage room I rented is filled too.

The square metres are done with, there might be a bit of cubic metres left...

lego1 - Kopi.png

Hahaha, if bills are paid and have food in our stomachs, what else are we going to spend our money on???
Love the pic, I wish I had that much LEGO.

On 5/20/2019 at 6:45 PM, MxWinters said:

Love the pic, I wish I had that much LEGO.

Wish you had that as well - but more organized than mine. I used to have organized bricks in lots of containers, but with space filling up with new boxes, there is no room left to any resemblence of organization.

The opened boxes are flattened and stored, the instructions are in binders on the shelves, but the bricks - they are all over the place. Some sets are disassembled, others are still assembled, but store in big boxes with other random sets.

Like others said in this thread, I am dreaming of one day to have a big hall with space for everything nicely put on display - well, maybe a hall is the wrong word, an aeroplane hangar would be more fitting!

3 minutes ago, ArneNielsen said:

but stored in big boxes with other random sets

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=6607962

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=6607960

Those pics where last year - my living room is much more crowded now - I would bang my head into a wall in frustration over my foolishness in buying more LEGO, but I have no free walls to bang against...

I just follow certain themes, not all of them.

I follow Star Wars UCS, Lego Creator Expert (all of them)

On 5/19/2019 at 8:55 PM, makoy said:

Did that ... Spent extra money in secret cause said wife felt legos were "dumb"  divorced said wife but left the boys with their own tub of legos ... Which they love.  

Now buy legos for me and legos for the boys ... Usually online ... And usually I look at the cart total and go oh I can't spend that much.  I try to limit myself to 200 a month ... Accept two months ago . . . Spent 1500 . . .on just bricks . . . from bricklink . . . for a new train layout . . . which I feel guilty about . . . mildly . . . but also like a kid on Christmas morning as the bricks roll in . . . now I'm trying to hold off on lego purchases for the next couple months . . . as I'm creating more orders . . . I'll let you know how that works out later lol.

Seriously I can stop anytime I want to . . . . . . . I just don't want to right now lol.

On 5/23/2019 at 8:43 AM, ArneNielsen said:

Those pics where last year - my living room is much more crowded now - I would bang my head into a wall in frustration over my foolishness in buying more LEGO, but I have no free walls to bang against...

I feel I should help you from one lego lover to the next ... I will simply take the boxes of lego cluttering up your favorite head banging wall free of charge ... Its win win you get your free wall back ... And I gain a free wall of lego ... Lmao