Sign in to follow this  
mrts

MOC: Golden Tulip Hotel

Hi all! It has been a long time since i build anything with lego. In fact i havent build anything since CCCVI :sceptic: BUT Finally i got some inspiration and build a city street.

Oh one more thing. This is my first moc that contains my avatar (Mr Fish). In this moc it is very easy to find him, but in my future mocs i'm going to hide him in my mocs. Something like 'Where is Wally'. :classic: So have a good look at him now so you know how he looks like! :tongue:

I hope you all like it!

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=391915

Woohoo! You know I love modular buildings!

I love all the details on this, and on the two buildings to the sides as well. Great job!

:D

Great work! I love the look of this hotel and the cute scene details really make this a stand-out. I've added it to Classic-Town.net. :thumbup: :thumbup:

-Dave

ToT-LUG

Beautiful street. The buildings are very nice to look at with a great classic design. Good colors also. I like the way you MOC'd it up. The action in and around the buildings seems very lively and real. The clothing store was my favorite. :thumbup:

As Modular Buildings lover and MOCer I've just one word for you: Brilliant! :cry_happy: I really like the detailed structures, with your own custom stickers and how you've included new City elements in it. The ensemble has a nice and living atmosphere. Great Job, and I hope we'll see more of you in this Forum :wink:

Great Job here. For someone who hasn't MOC'ed in a long time, it certainly doesn't seem to have hurt your skills. I think your building is a particularly good example of a building that doesn't need a lot of colors because the detailing is so well done. I can't remember a plain grey facade that that I've found so interesting.

Great work, as others have said before: great color combination (the red really breaks up the grey of the hotel on the upper floors), nice way to bring the surroundings alive, nice detailing in the moc. I look forward to really search for your sigfig in future MOCs.

Outstanding! The buildings speak for themselves... it must have taken some serious planning and looking for parts.

Just going through the pics of the street scenes.... the mannequins in the windows, and the break dancer are my favs... so far! Still looking and taking it all in.

Very well done!!

I hope you all like it!

You bet ! fantastic buildings and details.

I also agree with other comments, that the colour scheme is very "real and town-like".

In many MOC buildings I think a common mistake is to have too much bright classic lego colours like yellow, red and blue,

but you manage the balance in colours in an almost perfect way.

Also, I might copy some of your nice roof and fasade solutions :tongue:

Wow, what an amzing moc, and it's so big! Pretty cool and I assume your MOC will certainly look even more amazing when linked to the official modular LEGO buildings! You also devouted a lot of time to the creation of a nice interior. The room where the suits are stored is ingenious! Wonderful work!

What a nice hotel layout! :classic::thumbup:

And what a lovely use of official sets like the new bus, camper, red car, hotdog vender, minifigure collection, and bus stand.

They really look nice allong your MOC.

I saw the photos when I was scrolling on brickshelf. Took me quite some time to figure out some of the details.

i love the interior and the buildings you put on either end of the hotel.

All round great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Thanks all for the cool replies! :classic: I'm glad you all like it!

Great work! I love the look of this hotel and the cute scene details really make this a stand-out. I've added it to Classic-Town.net. :thumbup::thumbup:

Hey man thanks! Thats really cool! And nice story you wrote along with the blog! :thumbup:

Edited by mrts