Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder On the Emerald Express: Chapter 11

The group carefully builds a ladder utilizing the wood and nails that they discovered in the main room. In no time, they assemble a makeshift ladder that reaches to the 2nd floor.

They climb up the ladder slowly, one at a time until the entire group reaches the second floor.

Inside is some sort of storage room with lots of hanging tools including blades, saws, log picks, bands, and ropes. In addition, there's three barrels in the corner of the room marked "explosives". Large windows face the river and a door is located at the far end of the room.

In addition, there's three barrels in the corner of the room marked "explosives".

It's a little dark in here... does anyone have a lighter? A torch? A flamethrower?

The group carefully builds a ladder utilizing the wood and nails that they discovered in the main room. In no time, they assemble a makeshift ladder that reaches to the 2nd floor.

They climb up the ladder slowly, one at a time until the entire group reaches the second floor.

Inside is some sort of storage room with lots of hanging tools including blades, saws, log picks, bands, and ropes. In addition, there's three barrels in the corner of the room marked "explosives". Large windows face the river and a door is located at the far end of the room.

Explosives eh? It seems like a bit of dam-busting is in order. Wait, is there a dam around here?

I suggest the technically skilled member of the teams sort through the tools to see if there is anything useful.

I would like to move to the window and pensively press my face and hands against the glass, silently mouthing 'LET US OUT, PEOPLE OF WILLOUGHBY' as cold tears trickle down my bleary and careworn eyes.

Then I would like to move on to the mysterious door and see whether it is open.

I would like to move to the window and pensively press my face and hands against the glass, silently mouthing 'LET US OUT, PEOPLE OF WILLOUGHBY' as cold tears trickle down my bleary and careworn eyes.

I'd like to slowly walk up behing the trembling Schmelt and place my hand reassuringly on his shoulder, then stepping in a little closer, I'd like to whisper, "it'll all be ok, baby, it'll all be ok, just hang on..." into his ear. :sweet:

Er, I mean... If the door isn't open, I'll pick the lock. :blush:

I think its time to go to sleep. It's dark outside, we are in a shed with sharp tools and explosives and some shady townsfolks. Nevermind, I don't think I want to sleep just yet. I'd like to inspect the tools a bit closer.

I would like to run through the dark room with the sharp objects towards Grease, and then follow very close behind as he goes through the door.

I too would like to go over and inspect the door behind the other two. And Elanor, can you please stand near the explosives with your gun ready for anyone who might get too close with a flame?

That's it! It may have been a smart idea to stand watch, but not if everyone gets ta find out the truth without me!

*Runs to climb up ladder and join group*

What does this have to do with the mystery? Oh well, I'm sure there's something hidden around here.

I'd like to go check out the barrels labelled "Explosives" and see if they have anything hidden in them.

I'd like to go check out the barrels labelled "Explosives" and see if they have anything hidden in them.

Before this happens, I'd like to get the hell out of the cabin, because if it's old dynamite in those boxes, they'll go boom just by looking at them. :oh:

It's a little dark in here... does anyone have a lighter? A torch? A flamethrower?

I have a flashlight - or you could light one of those candles in that box. :sweet: "Explosives..." must be Italian!

Explosives eh? It seems like a bit of dam-busting is in order. Wait, is there a dam around here?

I suggest the technically skilled member of the teams sort through the tools to see if there is anything useful.

Well, I'm a crane-mechanic, so I'll have a look-see.

*holds his axe at arms' length and starts poking tools*

And Elanor, can you please stand near the explosives with your gun ready for anyone who might get too close with a flame?

But what if she finds something metal and shoots it? Or what if I use my metal claws to spark a tube of oil leading to the helicopter dynamite?

Before this happens, I'd like to get the hell out of the cabin, because if it's old dynamite in those boxes, they'll go boom just by looking at them. :oh:

And where do you propose going, hmm? Hmmm? It's not like you can just pop on the morning train outta here.

*fantasizes dynamite blowing Eleanor little Lego blocks*

And where do you propose going, hmm? Hmmm? It's not like you can just pop on the morning train outta here.

Relax, I'm just going to be outside here. I can... uh, keep watch, if you want. I just don't feel very comfortable around explosives... :oh:

Didn't I tell you about the time when my dear mother got hit by a horse carriage loaded with dynamites? All that was found of her was the engagement ring that I now carry... And the finger it was on... :cry_sad:

*sing song voice*

I'm a ruuuunnningggg,

And I'm a siiiiinnnnnnggggginggggg,

Towards that maaaaaaaaan,

Who is a pickkkingggggg

Is picking that..... doooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrr.... lock,

So we can eventualllllyyyyyyy,

Get out of this dump.

Mark is seen running in slow motion towards Grease, who gives him a weird look.

What? :sceptic:

Schmelt walks over to one of the large windows and presses his nose againsts the cool glass. He can't help to notice that it's getting dark outside. Soon, it will be night.

Greaseman opens the unlocked door revealing another room with a number of work benches, small wood-working saws, and various cutting tools. Mark bumps into him as he runs into the room followed by Max.

Arin and Pete begin looking at the various tools within the 2nd floor main room. There are saws, picks, and bands used for "logging" but nothing stands out or is of particular interest. Adam starts to hum the song, "For Your Eyes Only"... Austin enters the room after climbing up the ladder.

Snitchman looks at the three barrels marked "explosives" while Eleanor makes a run to the ladder quickly climbing down the stairs. Carefully, he opens the lids to reveal a stockpile of dynamite sticks, wicks, and detonators.

The mill starts getting dark and the evening turns to night... Pete turns on his flashlight.

Snitchman looks at the three barrels marked "explosives" while Eleanor makes a run to the ladder quickly climbing down the stairs. Carefully, he opens the lids to reveal a stockpile of dynamite sticks, wicks, and detonators.

Now we're getting somewhere! *runs over to the crates of dynamite, grabs 2 sticks and 2 wicks. Who's up for a little fun? :devil:

Ok boys, here's how the game works. We each get a couple of matches and a couple of sticks of dynamite. We take them outside and go out about 100 yards from the mill in different directions. Someone in the mill whistles to signal that the game has begun. At that point, our goal is to ... um ... I don't know. It sounded so good in my head, but now that I'm this far, I'm not sure what our goal is. :sceptic:

New game! We each get 2 sticks of dynamite. We build a big pile of wood in the middle of the field and light it on fire. We each put one stick of dynamite about 40 yards away from us in opposite directions. We then hurl pieces of wood at our dynamite until one of us manages to get theirs lit. We watch the pretty explosion, then we keep going. The last one runs like hell and we light and throw our other stick of dynamite at him. Extra points for dismemberment.

Who's ready? :wacko:

Who's ready? :wacko:

Let's play! :sweet:

This new room looks interesting. I would like to closely inspect all the cutting tools, as well as looking under the benches and observing anything else on top of them. Are there any draws to rummage through?

I would like to make a sexy "dynamite lady" and encourage Jethro to marry her resulting in animated hilarious dismemberment with a goofy soundtrack.

I would like to make a sexy "dynamite lady" and encourage Jethro to marry her resulting in animated hilarious dismemberment with a goofy soundtrack.

LOL! It could work... We need a wig & a dress though... *looks at the women* :devil::tongue:

Relax, I'm just going to be outside here. I can... uh, keep watch, if you want. I just don't feel very comfortable around explosives... :oh:

Didn't I tell you about the time when my dear mother got hit by a horse carriage loaded with dynamites? All that was found of her was the engagement ring that I now carry... And the finger it was on... :cry_sad:

I thought your fiance was hit by the horse carriage that Austin was driving??? Who's wedding dress did you leave on the train? Are you sure you don't want to play the explosive tossing game?

I'd like to help build Jethro's dynamite wife. We could use some grass or leaves from outside for the hair.

I thought your fiance was hit by the horse carriage that Austin was driving??? Who's wedding dress did you leave on the train? Are you sure you don't want to play the explosive tossing game?

Eleanor is like Jessica Fletcher or Miss Marple... people seem prone to dying around her in bizarre and explosive ways. How thoughtful of her to have the foresight to pluck out the only dismembered finger with expensive jewellery on it....

While my nose is pressed against the glass, I would like to see if there are any mysterious lights glinting in the distance.

If there is nothing of interest, I would like to discuss the possibility of constructing a liferaft with all this timber, throwing it in the river, and seeing where it takes us. We could be like 'Tom Sawyer II: The Floatening'!

Eleanor is like Jessica Fletcher or Miss Marple... people seem prone to dying around her in bizarre and explosive ways.

*Sighs* Yes, that is correct. Now don't even get me started with what happened to my father...

So, did you find anything in that cabin, or is this just another worthless trip we've made? I'm seriously starting to think that there's really no way out of this town. :sad:

I never dreamed of living as a hillbilly, but I guess I don't have a choice but to marry the mayor and become the leading socialite of this godforsaken town...

Dynamite ladies, now we might find a woman who wont spurn our advances hey Jethro?

So what should we really do with this dynamite?

Dynamite ladies, now we might find a woman who wont spurn our advances hey Jethro?

So what should we really do with this dynamite?

Tree stumps? Gophers? Grillin' George? :grin:

As the population of Cabot Cove steadily decreases, I would like to search the area around the dynamite for gunpowder - hopefully, there is some at the bottom of the dynamite box.