Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Murder On the Emerald Express: Chapter 11

While the sight is revolting, you are forced to look upon their skeletal-like bodies, realizing that they have suffered death by gunshot wounds.

Half of the group runs out of the basement while the others stare at the gruesome sight. :oh:

*puts on his sunglasses*

I love the smell of decomp in the morning, it smells like ... mystery!

*takes off his sunglasses, looks around the room, first at the faces of the other players, then at the evidence*

Everyone stay back, we don't need to compromise the scene.

Clearly, these two have been here for quite a while, so it seems reasonable to surmise that Jennifer came hoping to rescue them, but ended up needing a rescuer of her own, a rescuer who came too late...

I knew it!

This stench reminded meof the morgue where they took my poor Eric. Of course, this is only a cazillion times worse.

Those poor, poor souls... :sad_cry: Shot to death, just like their daughter. What kind of a sick, twisted, evil town is this?!

What kind of a sick, twisted, evil town is this?!

The kind that hides it's secrets in shallow graves in damp basements.

Just remember, we at CSI: Willoughby never sleep, we will find the killer, or killers. *glares at everyone*

First thing we need to do is call in the team. Anyone have a camera for some crime scene photographs? No? Ok, how about a pencil and a sketchpad. Someone start drawing the scene, I'm going to stand here with my hands on my hips and look disgusted by the depth of depravity that caused this.

Ahhhhhhhhh! *oh2*:sick::cry_sad:

Schmelt, hold my nuts! I'm gonna make that horse from lunch reappear!

Horrible... I still think that these are Jennifer's parents, maybe one of them Rose Thornton...

I'd like to check the magazine, determining if there are any empty shells or if shots were fired recently. I'd also like to determine what type of gun it is (pistol, revolver, rifle, etc.).

*Jim pukes on Steve's shoes* Uhhhh....Do you mind? :tongue: *takes shoes off* I guess I have to go barefoot now...

Maybe they are her parents? *puts on some gloves* I'd like to check the bodies for any ID : *CSI: Willoughby style with all the cool camera angles* :grin:

The kind that hides it's secrets in shallow graves in damp basements.

Just remember, we at CSI: Willoughby never sleep, we will find the killer, or killers. *glares at everyone*

First thing we need to do is call in the team. Anyone have a camera for some crime scene photographs? No? Ok, how about a pencil and a sketchpad. Someone start drawing the scene, I'm going to stand here with my hands on my hips and look disgusted by the depth of depravity that caused this.

I have some paper and a pen! :sweet:

*runs up the stairs*

I think I'll be taking a nap if anyone needs me!

*passes out*

Okay, down to business. We found that train pin upstairs, so it's probably from one of the staff on the EE. I'd like to check if each staff member (myself, Schmelt, Steve, Max, and Brakes) have their pin. I'd also like to determine if David has or ever had one.

This might mean that it's one of the staff who committed the crime, but it also might mean that someone stole the pin and put it here to throw suspicion off themselves.

Oh lord... :oh3::sick:

...! *pukes in Steve's shoes, slips in his own sick and smacks onto the floor*

This is like something from an episode of Columbo or McCloud - but reeeaaal!! :sing:

I'd like to check the victims' pockets for anything unusual... or normal, for that matter.

Midnight.. moonlight... it's all here, except for the magic. :cry_sad:

Okay, down to business. We found that train pin upstairs, so it's probably from one of the staff on the EE. I'd like to check if each staff member (myself, Schmelt, Steve, Max, and Brakes) have their pin. I'd also like to determine if David has or ever had one.

This might mean that it's one of the staff who committed the crime, but it also might mean that someone stole the pin and put it here to throw suspicion off themselves.

I second that motive. Let's check our pins.

Oh lord... :oh3::sick:

...! *pukes in Steve's shoes, slips in his own sick and smacks onto the floor*

This is like something from an episode of Columbo or McCloud - but reeeaaal!! :sing:

I'd like to check the victims' pockets for anything unusual... or normal, for that matter.

Midnight.. moonlight... it's all here, except for the magic. :cry_sad:

*looks at shoes* So much for selling them on ebay... :hmpf_bad::tongue:

*Waves gloved hand infront of Pete* im checking the bodies...Anyone else can watch...or check after me :classic:

I second that motive. Let's check our pins.

*Pulls out pin* Here ya go

I'd like to follow Herman up the stairs. That stench is awful and I just can't tolerate it. Plus, we need to stay somewhat together so that one of us isn't off killing some more people.

So are we assuming that these are Jennifer's parents? I hope that you people digging through the decomposing bodies' pockets have some luck finding ID. Elizabeth Rose Thornton had a death certificate in the file cabinet at the Town Hall. I would assume that this couple doesn't yet have death certificates. Also, traditionally when a couple is married the woman takes the man's name. Elizabeth Rose Thornton can't be Jennifer's mother unless she remarried after divorce from or death of Jennifer's father. Perhaps Mrs Thornton is Jennifer's maternal grandmother. That seems more plausible to me looking at the date on the death certificate of Mrs. Thornton. If someone would bring me the gun, I might be able to determine when it was last fired and if anything else about it is important as I am an expert on firearms.

I love the smell of decomp in the morning, it smells like ... mystery!

You're a sick person Greasemen, an' I ain't one for insults.

*runs up the stairs*

I think I'll be taking a nap if anyone needs me!

*passes out*

I think I'll join you Herman, no use for me standin' around these corpses 'less I want ta pass out.....like you just did.

So are we assuming that these are Jennifer's parents? I hope that you people digging through the decomposing bodies' pockets have some luck finding ID. Elizabeth Rose Thornton had a death certificate in the file cabinet at the Town Hall. I would assume that this couple doesn't yet have death certificates. Also, traditionally when a couple is married the woman takes the man's name. Elizabeth Rose Thornton can't be Jennifer's mother unless she remarried after divorce from or death of Jennifer's father. Perhaps Mrs Thornton is Jennifer's maternal grandmother.

Might interestin' theories yer spinnin' there, ya bring up a great point regardin' Miss Thornton's last name. Perhaps we could discuss this upstairs. I think it's safe ta assume that this poor couple were either in on or knew of what Miss Thornton was plannin', or were suspected to be.

Schmelt, Steve, and Pete begin searching the bodies like a couple of deranged hyenas. Nothing is found on the female; however, the male has something in his pocket. It's a wallet! Opening up the wallet, they discover an old tattered Willoughby drivers license with the name, William Chamberlain. The birth date and address have worn off, but the picture looks like a match. Nothing more is found on the bodies.

Mark fills the kerosene lamp with kerosene from the barrel but looks around as he discovers that he doesn't have any matches... "Anyone got a match"? he asks.

Jim Butcher checks the gun discovered in the water barrel. It's a revolver with six bullets. Two bullets are missing.

Jim then asks everyone to show their train pins.

avjim.jpg

You can see I have mine.

avmaxwell.jpg

I never take mine off!

avsteve.jpg

Present and accounted for.

avdavid.jpg

I use to have a pin, but it seems mine has stangely come up missing? (looks around group suspiciously)

avhans.jpg

Mein pin is here!

avmark.jpg

Sure...show off those Train Tech pins, but do any of you have a Classic Space pin? That's right, look but don't touch... I'm not trading it with any of you!

Arin follows Herman quickly up the stairs as he feels someone "goose" him :look: . Austin looks up and smiles. :sweet:

:wacko:

That was weird. I didn't know you cared, Austin.

Okay, so either David is lying, or someone really did snatch his pin... now, who has had close contact with David recently?

I'm stumped. :wacko: I don't think we're going to get anywhere with this. *Yawn* I'm ready for some shuteye.

And Herman, about the oil tanker being involved in blowing up the town, wasn't it by the danger tracks/ town split, right by the farm? Or maybe it was by the switch tower...

David has been shockingly quiet. I thought he was dead. Perhaps David could provide an explanation for how his pin mysteriously disappeared and ended up at the scene of a double homocide. We should have people watching at all hours and sleep in shifts if we do sleep. This way, the likelihood of the town council being able to kill someone else is slim.

So, we have two seperate instances of murder here, done with different weapons at different times. Clearly, based on the condition of the bodies, this one was a while ago, though without further tests, it's impossible to say when for certain. The killer felt secure enough to leave the bodies practically in the open, and then dispose of the weapon in a careless manner. This obviously all occurred before we arrived in town. It seems reasonable to think that the woman we assume is Jennifer discovered that these people had been murdered and found a way to stop the train, hoping to get our help. It didn't work out that way, and now she is dead as well.

The problem is Elizabeth Thornton. She instigated all of this. It doesn't seem like she could have been in contact with anyone in this town, yet she sent us on an obviously misleading mission that put us here. We need to figure out how she is connected to all of this before we can hope to find out who is responsible.

You're a sick person Greasemen, an' I ain't one for insults.

Yeah, whatever. Don't have much of a stomach for justice, either, Mr. Run-people-down-and-kill-them. :hmpf_bad:

Okay, so either David is lying, or someone really did snatch his pin... now, who has had close contact with David recently?

I'm stumped. :wacko: I don't think we're going to get anywhere with this. *Yawn* I'm ready for some shuteye.

And Herman, about the oil tanker being involved in blowing up the town, wasn't it by the danger tracks/ town split, right by the farm? Or maybe it was by the switch tower...

I think David is definitely lying. If anyone from that group is a town council member, it's him. He knows the most about trains but holds out on us finding a way to fix the Emerald Night. His silence alone is deafening. "I'm guilty" it screams!

Regarding the tanker, it's by the danger track switch, yes. My point was that whatever is blocking the valve could've been put there by Jennifer to prevent someone thwarting a plan to blow up the town or some important evidence is in there...

I think David is definitely lying. If anyone from that group is a town council member, it's him. He knows the most about trains but holds out on us finding a way to fix the Emerald Night. His silence alone is deafening. "I'm guilty" it screams!

Regarding the tanker, it's by the danger track switch, yes. My point was that whatever is blocking the valve could've been put there by Jennifer to prevent someone thwarting a plan to blow up the town or some important evidence is in there...

Well I think we have found what we are here to find. Let's go upstairs and grab some shut-eye with watches on duty and check out the tanker and the other points tomorrow.

The problem is Elizabeth Thornton. She instigated all of this. It doesn't seem like she could have been in contact with anyone in this town, yet she sent us on an obviously misleading mission that put us here. We need to figure out how she is connected to all of this before we can hope to find out who is responsible.

No. As it turns out, Elizabeth Thornton is long dead. The sender of those letters could be anyone, including one of us (female or male, mind you). They didn't come from this town, though, since there isn't a functioning mail service here.

Well I think we have found what we are here to find. Let's go upstairs and grab some shut-eye with watches on duty and check out the tanker and the other points tomorrow.

We mustn't forget to keep an eye on our murderous friends George and David here, either. :angry:

No. As it turns out, Elizabeth Thornton is long dead. The sender of those letters could be anyone, including one of us (female or male, mind you). They didn't come from this town, though, since there isn't a functioning mail service here.

Oh. I must not have been paying attention. Well, great. :sceptic:

I thought Killin' George ran the malfunctioning mail service here. I wish we were back at the train, I have the envelope from the invitation and I'd love to see where it was postmarked.

We mustn't forget to keep an eye on our murderous friends George and David here, either. :angry:

Two bullets and we sleep a lot more soundly. So do they. :devil:

Fine, I know, we can't shoot them. :hmpf:

Anyone see some rope, or maybe a locking trunk? :grin:

I thought Killin' George ran the malfunctioning mail service here.

Could it be that we were lured here by the Town Council, then? That this is all a trap? But why would they want to kill twelve strangers arriving in a train? :sceptic:

Two bullets and we sleep a lot more soundly. So do they. :devil:

Fine, I know, we can't shoot them. :hmpf:

God knows I've tried! :tongue:

Could it be that we were lured here by the Town Council, then? That this is all a trap? But why would they want to kill twelve strangers arriving in a train? :sceptic:

Now that's an interesting point. What if we aren't 12 strangers, but 11 strangers and the real target?

Perhaps one of us isn't exactly what we claim to be. :look:

God knows I've tried! :tongue:

:laugh:

:wacko:

That was weird. I didn't know you cared, Austin.

Well...er...neither did I partner! It's almost as if someone else were controllin' me for a second there :blush:

Yeah, whatever. Don't have much of a stomach for justice, either, Mr. Run-people-down-and-kill-them. :hmpf_bad:

*Shouting down trapdoor*

Well atleast I ain't laughin' over people's corpses! I sincerely regret what I've done! :angry:

*sighs* I really gotta talk ta Miss Eleanor 'bout this...

Well....after that awkward moment how's it goin' Herman?

After the morbid sight in the basement, the group returns upstairs. While no one is quite fond of spending the night in the mill, they have decided it's safter than returning to the town through the forest at night.

End Chapter 11