Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

MOC: Classic Cattle Car

traintech1.jpg

Continuing my classic train build, I thought I want try building a classic-style cattle car using new and old elements. The result is this red and tan cattle car for Farmer Jeb's black & white cows:

cc1.jpg

cc2.jpg W/Blue Boxcar

Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to get them off the wagon - perhaps a cow crane?

It would look really cool if the cows were in a box car and there where holes cut out. so they could stick their head out. Now that would be cool. :classic:

Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to get them off the wagon - perhaps a cow crane?

You could try building a ramp that leads down into an enclosure like the classic Lionel Cattle Car's, except that it wouldn't go in a circle back into the car :tongue:

cattle.jpg

Nice and simple, hope those cows aren't thinking about jumping out though. :tongue:

Is that wood piece on the bottom a decal or is it a printed piece?

You could try building a ramp that leads down into an enclosure like the classic Lionel Cattle Car's.

That's a great idea. Thanks. I was really wanting some sort of ramp that attaches to the gondola itself, but your Lionel idea would work well.

Is that wood piece on the bottom a decal or is it a printed piece?

Yes. That's one of the printed 1x6 wood tiles from the Harry Potter Shrieking Shack, a nice piece for some added detail.