Darth Legolas

If you could change any one thing about Lego...

I'm pretty dang sure no one has done this before. Back to the topic. What would you change about Lego, the products, the service, the fun? How about the petroleum while you're at it! :tongue:

I think the one thing I'd change is those dreaded Bionicle Canisters. Now I understand they're collectibles or something, but when I checked the other day at the store, only the center of the can was recycle-able, meaning tons of ABS Plastic (the stuff they use in regular Lego pieces,) were being wasted on the tops of cans and the occasional bottoms. So now, if that had all been either boxed or all recycle-able, all of that plastic would be put into real Lego pieces, things that don't get thrown away like cans. :hmpf_bad:

1) Lower prices

2) Smaller boxes, so prices could be even lower

3) Better availability

I know you asked one thing, but other people would take care of 1) and 2), so I'd be OK with 3)

I'd change every price down to a dollar. :tongue: No, but seriously, the prices are jacked up, and need to be brought down, especially on this years new Star Wars sets.

The only thing i have a problem with is the color difference in same colored pieces and the discouloring of bricks. (Though that last one will be hard to do something about i guess)

So those things i'd like to see changed.

I'd change every price down to a dollar. :tongue: No, but seriously, the prices are jacked up, and need to be brought down, especially on this years new Star Wars sets.

Says the one who's avatar is wearing a fancy suit with a pocket full of cash. :tongue:

But it's true what Cobra said, the packaging increases the cost, and Lego likes to make their boxes HUGE. Everything would go down maybe three dollars if boxes were the correct size. I forgot who did it, but someone made a Star Wars review showing that all the parts inside could be fit in a quarter of the box! :tongue:

But it's true what Cobra said, the packaging increases the cost, and Lego likes to make their boxes HUGE. Everything would go down maybe three dollars if boxes were the correct size. I forgot who did it, but someone made a Star Wars review showing that all the parts inside could be fit in a quarter of the box! :tongue:

It was jansued, his review is right here. Plus, there was still some space left in that fourth of the box. And like I said, it's a $25 dollar set, with only 155 pieces. And I'm still gonna buy it. :hmpf_bad: *sigh* Another thing I'd like to see is what Captain Green Hair said, the color change. I don't have too many sets from before 2004, but enough so that it annoys me badly.

The difference between the price in dollar and in euro. We pay a rather high price for the quality, so why would us, Europians, pay more for the same? You can see clearly the difference if you compare this year's Star Wars sets in dollar and in euro.

Oh, and I would bring Harry Potter back, of course. :hmpf:

I'd get rid of stickers for sure.

Mainly because i'm rubbish at applying them.

Lego do waste cardboard and should cut down but i don't agree its overpriced at all.

I love lego and will pay whatever.

do somthing with the awfull star wars, clone wars figures. Or better yet make some classic sets IE landspeeder cantena you know the good stuff. If anything Jabbas Sail Barge!

The difference between the price in dollar and in euro. We pay a rather high price for the quality, so why would us, Europians, pay more for the same? You can see clearly the difference if you compare this year's Star Wars sets in dollar and in euro.

What he said :thumbup:, some sets where even double the price (or even more), there's no way that can be justified.

I'd release a ton of recolor packs. Minifig accessories in new colors, BURPs in every stone-like color conceivable, and so on.

Gold printing wearing off torsos and heads that smear.

EDIT: The printing quaitly is getting bad. The figs and what ever pieces that are still printed. Also get rid of stickers.

Edited by JCC1004

I would eliminate or make widely available all the special hard to get promo sets like that green tractor and all those cool airplane sets you can only get on airlines that dont even fly to Australia.

Oh and all the hard to get parts that end up being used in only one set (green Burps from Vestas windmill, new windscreen from City Corner etc etc), I would make those more widely available.

The little amount of time that a set is available for.

And also, under the LEGO logo on every box, I'd put: 'It's leh-go, not lay-goes god damn it! :angry: '

I'd change the target audience. In time I can see TLG forgetting about that fickle bunch called "kiddies" and making LEGO for adults and education only, but that could take another 20 years and I don't want to wait! Why? When that happens it'll be the end of silly things like shooting functions and <insert that tiresome argument> building. Also, it'll probably move to on-line only with less money wasted on over-sized boxes and with one price worldwide so overall it'll be cheaper, and thus pleasing what seems to be a common wish.

Am I delusional? Possibly, but it's my wish! :tongue:

I should probably don my flame retardant suit before I say this, but I'd ditch yellow minifigs and produce them all in flesh tones.

I should probably don my flame retardant suit before I say this, but I'd ditch yellow minifigs and produce them all in flesh tones.

Actually I largely agree. The whole division annoys me as in normal circumstanses I don't like mixing the two. Thus I'd prefer one go... and I suspect the flesh tones can't. I didn't like the flesh ones at first, but I'm over it now; in fact to me the old Star Wars figs look odd!

I want to see a return to the part quality of the 1990s, which was superior to what we have today, and for Technic models to return to stud-based construction. I can't see either of these things happening in reality though. :tongue:

In technic, I would like to see a return to pneumatics instead of liniar actuators. I also think the pneumatics line should be expanded to include longer cylinders, a more efficient motor pump and a PF valve. What would also be cool is a double ended pneumatic and/or suitable valve for use in power steering.

On the whole I like the new PF motors but the one thing I would change is the amount of gearing down in them. There is too much. Where is the fun in having most of the gearing down done for you?!

I want to see a return to the part quality of the 1990s, which was superior to what we have today, and for Technic models to return to stud-based construction. I can't see either of these things happening in reality though. :tongue:

I totally agree with you.

And please, make non-fantasy Castle sets.