Davey

Bluebrick Layout Software

@Captain J: This is a standalone software, you don't need Adobe to use it.

@clcwong: I think I will work on mono full compatibility for the next major release, so yes, it might happen in something like several months maybe :wink:

@clcwong: I think I will work on mono full compatibility for the next major release, so yes, it might happen in something like several months maybe :wink:

Sorry for repeating the question, but will be BlueBrick aviable for Wine 1.3 in the next few months?

Sorry for repeating the question, but will be BlueBrick aviable for Wine 1.3 in the next few months?

I'm far from being a linux expert... so for now I only plan to work on mono compatibility.

So I guess the answer to your question is no. :cry_sad: sorry... :blush:

@Captain J: This is a standalone software, you don't need Adobe to use it.

thanks!

My MacBook will be saving space for the program =]

Hi Linux (and Mac) fan,

I've started to work on the Mono compatibility, and already solved the drag'n'drop problem from the part library (main problem under Mono). I'm also redesigning some windows that doesn't work under Mono.

I think I will release a 1.7.1 with all the Mono issues fixed (at least those I can find), and some other cross platform bug fixes, but without any new features.

Hope you'll like it.

Thanks.

I think I will release a 1.7.1 with all the Mono issues fixed (at least those I can find), and some other cross platform bug fixes, but without any new features.

I'm looking forward to testing on Kubuntu :-) Thanks

Hi Linux (and Mac) fan,

I've started to work on the Mono compatibility, and already solved the drag'n'drop problem from the part library (main problem under Mono). I'm also redesigning some windows that doesn't work under Mono.

Hope you'll like it.

Thanks.

Great...just got a couple of new sets train back in storage lol :tongue:

Hi Linux (and Mac) fan,

Hope you'll like it.

Thanks.

That's great! Looking forward to this.

A little feature suggestion:

How about shortcut keys for "bring to front" and "send to back"? Could be Page Up/Page Down by default.

How about shortcut keys for "bring to front" and "send to back"? Could be Page Up/Page Down by default.

Sure, that's a good idea!

I will add that soon.

An option I would like to have is to be able to enter the amount of tracks I have and be limited by this, building my layout. I other words, I have 67 straight track sections, 40 curved, 2 left points, 2 right points and one crossing, and not be able to use more than that?

An option I would like to have is to be able to enter the amount of tracks I have and be limited by this, building my layout. I other words, I have 67 straight track sections, 40 curved, 2 left points, 2 right points and one crossing, and not be able to use more than that?

Yes, that's a cool feature, I will probably extend the Part List Window to do that.

For now, you can use the Part List Window and check manually if you go above your stock (uncheck the "split by layer" option in the bottom of the window).

I just finished to implement this feature, so it will be in the 1.7.1.

I will try to release the 1.7.1 very soon. Normally I won't add any new feature (except the one I just mentioned) but only bug fix. I've already fixed 11 bugs including 4 crash bug whose one is very critical (cannot save in LDRAW format).

Hi

Is there any new set to the parts library of BlueBrick?

Thank you

Nuno Lino

Hi

Is there any new set to the parts library of BlueBrick?

Thank you

Nuno Lino

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. I don't manage closely the part library, I focus mainly on the code. :blush:

Good news, I've just finished to refactor the code for fixing most visible bugs under Mono (for Linux and Mac users).

I will now start a new retesting of the all the features before releasing the 1.7.1.

I'm interested by linux users who would like to beta test the 1.7.1 beta under linux. Please contact me if you want to try it.

I may have some Mac users, but if you are a Mac user and want to try too, please contact me.

Thanks in advance.

I am VERY new to LEGO trains (well, trains in general too). My Maersk, all the PF components, and 24 curved track pieces are on their way to my house as we speak.

Will this software help be decide what is needed to layout the track pieces I have? Like with just 24 curved pieces, I don't think I can do anything but a 16-piece circle with 8 spare pieces. I am looking for something to tell me what else is needed to use the rest of the track.

It would be cool to tell a program, website or person, what pieces I have and it to tell me what I can do with it! Does this or any other software tell me that?

It would be cool to tell a program, website or person, what pieces I have and it to tell me what I can do with it! Does this or any other software tell me that?

The program can list the part used in the layout, however, there's not yet a feature to set a budget for each part in order to let the program warn you when you exceed the budget, but this is a feature I may add later. :wink:

Also, I don't know any software to which you give a set of parts and he draws for you the possible circuits. With a big set of parts the possibilities are so vast that I doubt such a software could be written. :hmpf_bad:

Say, is there a way to model wide curves made with strait track and a one sided half stud offset?

Like here:

5068506982_96aece3935.jpg

LEGO ICE 3 on smooth curves

Foto by holgermatthes

It would be easy to do: You just need to copy/paste the gif and XML files of the 9V straight track by renaming the files.

Then you should change the XML connection points to give the correct angle. For that, you need to know the actual radius you can get with such a large curves.

Read the documentation about how to extend the part library for more details.

Hi,

Just a quick note to tell you that I released the version 1.7.1 of BlueBrick.

This is a maintenance version which fixes 21 bugs including 5 crash bugs.

But most important, this version is now fully compatible and tested with Mono. It has also been tested under Linux successfully (unfortunatly not under Mac, because among the tenth Mac users who proposed themself to beta test this version, none has given me feedback).

So Mac and Linux users can now enjoy the full experience of BlueBrick under their favorite OS. :laugh:

I strongly recommend you to install this version. Please note that the BBM format didn't changed since 1.7.0, but all the XML files of the parts have been converted to UTF-8 (for compatibility reason with Linux/Mac).

Also note that I've added the flexible magnet connection for all the train sets, just to motivate you to install this version. :classic:

Enjoy!

Hi,

Is anyone interested into creating these two parts for BlueBrick? :

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/x862ac02.dat

and the part 304c03

Thanks in advance.

Last night I checked the Eurobricks site for the first time in many months and realized how much I had missed. Sorry to all BlueBrick users that I no longer have the time to provide as many GIFs as I used to. Here is the signal track which should definitely not be missing on any 12V train layout. The remote control itself is already available.

Having done this part, I noticed that the other 12V track GIFs are pretty fuzzy in comparison so I will re-do those as soon as possible.

7860 Remote controlled signal 12V:

7860.7.gif

GIF XML

Here is the part that Alban noted as part 304c03. I have added blue track and white sleepers and given it the peeron number instead. We might change that later. I noticed that this item was also available in blue for one year. If you want this part in blue feel free to leave a note in this thread.

x489c01 Train Signal Complete Assembly:

x489c01.1.gif

GIF XML

Downloading the XML files is important for both of these items as otherwise they will not connect to other track parts.

Edited by missouri_bb63

Hi,

Just a quick note to tell you that I released the version 1.7.1 of BlueBrick.

This is a maintenance version which fixes 21 bugs including 5 crash bugs.

Enjoy!

Alban,

I've just loaded 1.7.1 over 1.7 (and the additional components) and get loads of XML errors when I start the program. Below is just one file and its error message.

BlueBrick had encountered problems while loading XML files from the parts database. These XML files have been ignored. This problem may happen if an XML file contains syntax errors. Fix the syntax or delete the XML files to remove this warning. The file(s) concerned is/are:

D:\User data\Jonathan\Lego\bluebrick\parts\Rail\2868b.0.xml

2868b.0.xml:

Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 6, position 8.

Looking at the XML I think the problem is the accented characters in the French desccriptions.

Edited by Snapshot