Davey

Bluebrick Layout Software

Wow you guys, this is great! :sweet: I hope you don't mind them being in the next BlueBrick release so that those who aren't on Eurobricks.com can use them as well?

Edited by missouri_bb63

Wow you guys, this is great! :sweet: I hope you don't mind them being in the next BlueBrick release so that those who aren't on Eurobricks.com can use them as well?

Not at all :grin: a simple thank you in the credits is fine by me he he!.

I have been doing sets that I have and use but if you would like any thing done then by all means let me know and I will do it for the next version.

Well, same here. Still working on some more sets, which I'll post here when ready. happy to think along with new bluebrick developments.

Hey all! It's taken me a little longer to get my stuff uploaded than I thought, but I finally managed to get the custom tables I built uploaded. The first three are 'standard' LEGO dimensions to fit the 32x32 baseplates evenly. These are the table sizes I use in my 'LEGO Lair' and they are similar to the PNLTC style display tables. Be sure to click and get the full size image in order for it to properly work in BlueBrick. :classic:

This is a 20" x 20" (64 stud x 64 stud) table.

table64x64.gif

This is a 10" x 30" (32 stud x 96 stud) table.

table96x32.gif

This is a 20" x 30" (64 stud x 96 stud) table.

table96x64.gif

This next set of tables is based on standard 'banquet table' dimensions here in the United States. If we are using tables from a hotel or convention center, we commonly receive 30" x 48", 30" x 72", or 30" x 96" tables. I'm not sure what the dimensions of these tables are like in other countries as I have not had the pleasure of doing a show in another country...yet. :classic:

This is a 30" x 48" (96 stud x 152 stud) table.

table96x152.gif

This is a 30" x 72" table (96 stud x 228 stud) table.

table96x228.gif

This is a 30" x 96" table (96 stud x 304 stud) table.

table96x304.gif

I hope this is helpful to everyone as you plan your displays!

-Dave

tot-lug_100x40.jpg

Well, I finally managed it I guess, hereby a gif for the 10027 Train shed (in the long version, not with the sheds next to eachother

10027.set.long.gif

Ok, hereby also the alternative version.

10027.set.sidebyside.gif

--EDIT-- Updated picture with better quality

Edited by aawsum

Ok everyone, Alban hast posted the off-line version of the helfp file on his site. :classic: You can open it, and save it from here. The table of contents has active links so you can skip to the section you want from there. I would apreciate any constructive feedback! The video tutorials might be online this weekend.

Ok everyone, Alban hast posted the off-line version of the helfp file on his site. :classic: You can open it, and save it from here. The table of contents has active links so you can skip to the section you want from there. I would apreciate any constructive feedback! The video tutorials might be online this weekend.

I would love to check it out but unfortunatly the fire wall at work dosent seem to like the site.

Shocking!. I will see if I can pick it up later on next week>

It could be that your browser won't open the PDF file directly. You can try right clicking on the link and selecting "save target as..." to save it on your hard drive first, and opening it from there.

OK, had a chance to quickly browse through it and it looks ok :thumbup:

The helpfile is not to long, and explains all necessary basic functions.

For myself I was ofcourse very interested in the paragraph "Extending the Part Library", but I can understand this takes some time.

However, i think I am quite capable of making images that can be used, but the xml for the curved parts is worrying me still.

For the moment however I can do everything I want with it :classic:

Good job.

ps.

and now back to creating images of sets :)

Edited by aawsum

It could be that your browser won't open the PDF file directly. You can try right clicking on the link and selecting "save target as..." to save it on your hard drive first, and opening it from there.

lol no its fire wall restrictions. however its a good hint for other people that may be having issues with opening the file directly.

Hoi Aawsum, bedankt voor de feedback! Yes, I apologize for that section still being empty. Alban has been quite busy over the past weeks and unfortunately I wouldn't know where to start. :hmpf:

To Cusaeng, yeah, I figured you were right about the firewall, but it was worth a shot. You should give your IT Admin some Lego to play with in return for unblocking the site. :wink:

Hoi Aawsum, bedankt voor de feedback!

Ah, I see we can talk a different language when necessary. Never guessed that looking at you nickname :sceptic: So if I can help in any way, just let me know. But I guess we are all allready helping by adding gifs with new sets and other parts :wink:

Ah, I see we can talk a different language when necessary. Never guessed that looking at you nickname :sceptic: So if I can help in any way, just let me know. But I guess we are all allready helping by adding gifs with new sets and other parts :wink:

Yes my nickname is definitely misleading as far as that goes. :sweet: You guys are helping a lot just by making the gifs. I might give it a try myself this weekend so I can start adding to the community as well. I will be focusing on my sets from the early to mid 80s.

That is a great piece of software. No if only I had the baseplates to make my layout a reality.

I got a note from Alban today confirming that I could upload the tutorial videos to YouTube so that I can start getting feedback from everyone. Unfortunately the quality of the recording is reduced quite a bit and I am not sure why. the text is much harder to read than in the originals. I hope it is good enough so that you can give some feedback. In time the orignial videos will be available on the BlueBrick website. Please leave your feedback here rather than on YouTube. Thanks!

EDIT 27.08.09: These videos are higher quality and have the changes recommended by Eurobricks user "aawsum". See todays full post (27.08.09), for a list of the changes.

In addition I have used a different video format, and also increased the font sizes where possible. The callouts are much easier to read. Make sure that "HQ" is selected at the bottom right corner of the video window.

Tutorial Part 1

Tutorial Part 2

Edited by missouri_bb63

Feedback Video 1:

- Start totorial 1 also with the picture from tutorial 2. It is a good idea to show what your start point and end objective is.

- I would first tell something about the different layers

- then show the different part tabs

- also something about which parts connect automatically and which ones do not

- tut2, 7:07 -> I would change the text, selct the brush, to select the paint tool, because it is named paint in the menu

- maybe finish with showing a link to the website (always helpfull)

Furthermore I would say this is a very helpful tutorial to get started :thumbup:

Thanks for the first feedback! I have included the answers below.

- Start totorial 1 also with the picture from tutorial 2. It is a good idea to show what your start point and end objective is.

Yes that is a good idea, I will add that.

- I would first tell something about the different layers

- then show the different part tabs

Yes I see your point, and Alban and I discussed what we should and should not cover in detail in the videos. The tutorials are set up so you only learn/see what you need to know at that point, otherwise things might have to be explained twice, or the user might wonder why they were shown something that they didn't use. This is why the layers aren't mentioned until the second Video. We thought about the tabs as well, but figured that we don't want to make the videos too basic or too long either. 4 of the parts tabs are actually used in the videos, and we figured the video should focus on the "how-to's" and things that were hard to explain in writing in the help file. Because of that we left some basic exploring to the user. Thanks for pointing it out though. If more people feel the same way I will add more of the basics.

- also something about which parts connect automatically and which ones do not

I hadn't actually thought about that. I don't think we mentioned it in the help file either. Thanks for pointing it out.

- tut2, 7:07 -> I would change the text, selct the brush, to select the paint tool, because it is named paint in the menu

Very observant of you! I had not expected someone to notice so quickly. It is already on my to-do list.

- maybe finish with showing a link to the website (always helpfull)

Yes, I thought about that and then I left it out in favor of an actual link in the video's description. But I think you are right, I will add one anyway together with the BlueBrick logo. I should mention though that these videos might only be on YouTube temporarily (unless I can get the video quality sorted out). They will definitely be hosted on Albans site in future

Edited by missouri_bb63

Well, I didn't get around to it until now, but here is my first contribution. Now I just need to figure out the .xml part.

7822_railway_station.gif

EDIT: This is the 7822 railway station.

EDIT: 09.09.09 This set has been moved. Please go to the BlueBrick Parts and Set Index for the new Link. Thanks!

Edited by missouri_bb63

Well, I didn't get around to it until now, but here is my first contribution. Now I just need to figure out the .xml part.

7822_railway_station.gif

Thank you :)

maybe interesting to tell that this is the 7822 railway station :tongue:

Edited by aawsum

Here we go, new entry, and it is ..... the 10128 railway crossing.

10128.set.gif

--EDIT-- created new gif with better quality

Edited by aawsum

Thank you :)

maybe interesting to tell that this is the 7822 railway station :tongue:

Oops! Yes you are right I did forget to mention it. Luckily it is quite recognizeable. More will follow shortly. I have asked Alban for support concerning the .xml files.

Here is another one of mine. The 6378 petrol station. Aawsum I noticed that your road is a very dark gray was it like that in the set? I noticed that even though I selected light gray parts in MLCad, I am still having to lighten the sets in photoshop so that they look similar to the parts that are already in BlueBrick.

6378_petrol_station.gif

EDIT: 09.09.09 This set has been moved. Please go to the BlueBrick Parts and Set Index for the new Link. Thanks!

Edited by missouri_bb63

Aawsum I noticed that your road is a very dark gray was it like that in the set? I noticed that even though I selected light gray parts in MLCad, I am still having to lighten the sets in photoshop so that they look similar to the parts that are already in BlueBrick.

mmm, this puzzled me.

Inventory tells me this is the item

44336pb01 : Green Baseplate, Road 32 x 32 6-Stud Straight with Dark Gray Road, Yellow Dashed Lines and Storm Drains

44336pb01.jpg

So I picked dark gray as a color in mlcad :sceptic:

Most of my sets are from after my dark age, so pretty new, I think this is the new standard for road colors ....

Edited by aawsum