Davey

Bluebrick Layout Software

Hi Alban, hi community,

I just released the TrixBrix Track Library for Bluebrick on my website https://www.mattzobricks.com. I hope you like it and find it useful!

I am also added some sample layouts on the website as well. Check it out!

Everybody, please send me your track layouts. I will publish the best ones on the mattzobricks website! :-)

Enjoy!

Edited by Mattzobricks

18 hours ago, Mattzobricks said:

Hi Alban, hi community,

I just released the TrixBrix Track Library for Bluebrick on my website https://www.mattzobricks.com. I hope you like it and find it useful!

Enjoy!

Thanks Mattzobricks.

I've followed the development of this library (Mattzobricks kept me informed of his progress by mail), and I have to say that this is indeed a very good version. I will even host this library on the official BlueBrick website, once the 1.9 is released.

Yours.

On 3/28/2020 at 11:50 AM, Mattzobricks said:

Thanks again for making the library available. This is very helpful and much appreciated.

On 3/1/2020 at 6:50 AM, Alban Nanty said:

I have no idea so far. If you know some linux developer happy to help me, I would be glad. :classic:

Finally it's my time to contribute to the community.

I'm no Linux developer but was able to run BlueBrick on Linux using PlayOnLinux (POL). Despite its need for .NET Framework 4.0, it will only run with "dotnet45" package installed on the wineprefix. I had installed first the package "dotnet40" and it won't run (CLR 80004005).

Just create a wineprefix in POL, click "configure" on the left menu and choose "dotnet45" under the tab "Install components".

Many thanks for Alban for this great software.

Edited by hsousa

The programs are not flexible enough, my track connects just perfect, no gaps, no forced pieces, but if I put the exact same layout in Bluebrick, it doesn't match or I need less parts, where in real I need for e.g. and extra flex...

21 hours ago, Arrow said:

Any news about the release?

Sorry for the delay. Here are some news: the features are complete (I don't add new stuff for the next release), and I started the debugging phase. I have also integrated 99% of the translation that the translators sent me. However, I lost the translator for Danish and Norwegian, so if you speak those languages and want to help, you can still make it for the release by contacting me.

Next I will need to update the documentation, and then I will be ready to publish.

Yours.

16 hours ago, Dragunov2 said:

The programs are not flexible enough, my track connects just perfect, no gaps, no forced pieces, but if I put the exact same layout in Bluebrick, it doesn't match or I need less parts, where in real I need for e.g. and extra flex...

This is normal because in real life there is tolerance in the connection of the tracks. Some LEGO fans even create large curves with only straight tracks, by connecting one side by half, and the train can still run on it. The software just connect the parts following the precise geometric dimensions of the parts.

Yeah, I wanted to recreate my track in Bluebrick aswell, I almost had, just two parts not completely right, but it's a top program, just a little too precise ;)

Alban Nanty and hsousa,

I wrote this up a while back on how to get mono on a number of Linux distros so you could easily run Bluebrick.  In the meantime, Microsoft decided to open source a bunch of things including .NET, etc.  So to be honest, not only are these instructions a bit dated, I am not sure what all has changed.  But they should be a start.

BlueBrick for Linux

Maybe it is time for me to update them as well. ?

3D LEGO

Edited by 3D LEGO
Typo in link

7 hours ago, 3D LEGO said:

Alban Nanty and hsousa,

I wrote this up a while back on how to get mono on a number of Linux distros so you could easily run Bluebrick.  In the meantime, Microsoft decided to open source a bunch of things including .NET, etc.  So to be honest, not only are these instructions a bit dated, I am not sure what all has changed.  But they should be a start.

BlueBrick for Linux

Maybe it is time for me to update them as well. ?

3D LEGO

I have been running BlueBrick on Linux for years by simply using WINE. Never had compatibility issues.

If you build "S" curves or other 'unsupported' geometries in real track they only work because the track flexes at every joint. So to deal with these in BlueBrick you just need to make an "expansion joint" where the track is correctly placed approaching the "expansion joint" on both sides but then a small gap or overlap to capture the micro flex from the real plastic.

On 12/28/2020 at 6:08 PM, Dragunov2 said:

Yeah, I wanted to recreate my track in Bluebrick aswell, I almost had, just two parts not completely right, but it's a top program, just a little too precise ;)

You can handle unprecise track segment as well. There is a tool on the upline, where you can choose putting down pieces on different grid sizes - 32,16,8,4,1,0.5 studs - but if you click the grid icon directly, track pieces won't attach automatically and you can play a little with offsetting them.

https://brickshelf.com/gallery/AshiValkoinen/TownLayout/fx_r104_future.png

Here, on the "left" end of platforms I used this option to create the Hogler Matthes grand curve connections.

Edited by Ashi Valkoinen

Downloaded it and now taking time to explore.

Will need the video from time to time to find the great changes back. :)

Thanks a lot for this new version.

Ludo

On 1/20/2021 at 3:43 PM, Alban Nanty said:

Anyone enjoying the TrixBrix or 4DBrix support?

Definitely! Thank you very much for this update (and @Mattzobricks for contributing to the TrixBrix library!)! I wish I had more space for all the tracks I created in BlueBrick :blush:

30 minutes ago, brickronny said:

Definitely! Thank you very much for this update (and @Mattzobricks for contributing to the TrixBrix library!)! I wish I had more space for all the tracks I created in BlueBrick :blush:

Cool!

By the way, if there're part contributors who wants to finish the 4DBrix library, please don't hesitate to contact me! :-)