Davey

Bluebrick Layout Software

Hi all,

I'm new here, so don't shoot me if i post my question i the wrong topic.

I'm trying to add connection points to the tables, for easely aligning in eather direction.

I have already something working, but i don't understand the <angleToPrevious> and <angleToNext> statements.

What do you mean with previous and next point?

update: I think I've found the answer in other XML files. :classic:

These points are (mostly) the connection point on the opposite side to make horizontal / vertical placement next to each other.

But the sign of the value (+ or -) is still a mystery.

Any one who can explain when to use a + or - sign?

regards,

Ludo

Edited by Ludo

Hello to all!

For some reason I'm no longer able to post a link. The Popup window occurs and I can put in my link but nothing happens if I push the"OK" button. Any advise???? Tanks

Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to add flexible tracks to Bluebrick so that I can plan my track layout with the flexible tracks? I have added the gif and xml file but it seems to be either straight or curved, is it possible to just add flexitrack pieces in a row in bluebrick and adjust the curve?

Hello daveyandjoshy,

Flex track are already implemented in Bluebrick (since version 1.7), so you don't need to add the images yourself to the library. The Flex track is available in the Track folder, or simply select a track on your layout and press the 'F' shortcut key.

Then to adjust the curve of the flex track, double-click left and hold the click on an extremity of a track section that contains some flex track, then move your mouse. Release the mouse button when you're satisfied with the curve.

Enjoy.

Thank you so much! I feel really silly for not being able to find that before haha. Can't wait to design an ace layout and share it here! :D

Hi

Love this software but could anyone update it with the newest modular and other sets and all of the pirates sets? Maybe use top down vue on LDD models?

Would be much appreciated!

Sure, and then, you can send me your contribution, it will be a pleasure for me to integrate it in the official library.

Hey Alban,

if you have not done so already, would it be possible to integrate Michael Gale's fine work into the official library?

Hi zephyr,

No sorry, I didn't noticed this amazing work before. I may include the package for download on the official BlueBrick website if Michael agrees, however as it is not 100% LEGO, I will leave it as a separated package.

Yours.

Hello Spanish Users,

I've uploaded a new version of the Spanish translation for BlueBrick 1.8, containing some fix and some new translations that were missing. The translator gave them to me few months ago, sorry to have been too lazy for not updating the dll earlier.

If you want to get the new translation pack, you should delete the "BlueBrick.resources.dll" in the "es" folder of your BlueBrick folder.

Then relaunch BlueBrick and change again the language to Spanish in the Preference.

You will see the Download window appearing. Let BlueBrick download the dll and restart.

For all users, I may upload the version 1.8.1 soon, but this will only contains some minor bug fixes, and may be a critical update for the Linux users (nobody complained to me so far, so I guess nobody is using BlueBrick on Linux :classic:). If you have some bugs you want me to fix, it's time to talk to me :laugh:.

Yours.

Hello Spanish Users,

I've uploaded a new version of the Spanish translation for BlueBrick 1.8, containing some fix and some new translations that were missing. The translator gave them to me few months ago, sorry to have been too lazy for not updating the dll earlier.

If you want to get the new translation pack, you should delete the "BlueBrick.resources.dll" in the "es" folder of your BlueBrick folder.

Then relaunch BlueBrick and change again the language to Spanish in the Preference.

You will see the Download window appearing. Let BlueBrick download the dll and restart.

For all users, I may upload the version 1.8.1 soon, but this will only contains some minor bug fixes, and may be a critical update for the Linux users (nobody complained to me so far, so I guess nobody is using BlueBrick on Linux :classic:). If you have some bugs you want me to fix, it's time to talk to me :laugh:.

Yours.

Hello Alban,

I'm a happy user of Bluebrick on Gnu Linux :-)

but...I think that i find a bug with case sensitive filename on part xml files.

I reported the issue #59

PS: I forgot to register on the bug tracker before posting the issue,so you can drop me a private message here if you need more details

Hi All,

Anyone know if BB will be updated to run on a 'modern' version of Mono?

It states it needs Mono 2.n, but that is years old and only Mono 4.n is available for download :-/

Would like to get it running on OS X..

Hi marook,

I tried BB recently on a linux machine, and I guess I've installed Mono 4 (because like you said, I could not find Mono 2 for download), and it was just crashing at startup.

I've made some fix to it, and succeeded to make it work again on this machine. This is why I plan to release version 8.1 to fix such issues.

I don't have a Mac though for testing... If you would like to beta test it, please send me your email in MP, I will send you a 8.1 beta by mail.

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

Anyone know if BB will be updated to run on a 'modern' version of Mono?

It states it needs Mono 2.n, but that is years old and only Mono 4.n is available for download :-/

Would like to get it running on OS X..

Hello Alban,

I'm a happy user of Bluebrick on Gnu Linux :-)

but...I think that i find a bug with case sensitive filename on part xml files.

I reported the issue #59

PS: I forgot to register on the bug tracker before posting the issue,so you can drop me a private message here if you need more details

Hello Freestorm,

I've renamed the files with the wrong casing and re-uploaded the package to my website. You can download them again if you didn't already have fixed them on your machine.

BlueBrick 1.8.1 is coming soon (nothing fancy, though, just some bug fixes for mainly Linux users and maybe Mac users (I'm still investigating the user32 missing dll error)).

Yours.

Hello Freestorm,

I've renamed the files with the wrong casing and re-uploaded the package to my website. You can download them again if you didn't already have fixed them on your machine.

BlueBrick 1.8.1 is coming soon (nothing fancy, though, just some bug fixes for mainly Linux users and maybe Mac users (I'm still investigating the user32 missing dll error)).

Yours.

Hello,

Thank you for file renaming.

I will test next week

Hello,

A quick note, to tell you that I've released the version 1.8.1 of BlueBrick. As usual, downloadable at: bluebrick.lswproject.com

Enjoy.

BlueBrick and Mac OS.....I'm guessing no one has ported it?

We are trying to make it work, but pure Mono seems to be a hard road to go.. Some lib's seem to be missing..

If you know about Xamarin Studio and how to do it, please contact banban/Alban Nanty.

I have a problem with the grid layer. If I set the grid size to 32 studs (I want to get coordinates for each baseplate, not per 3x3 table) then the spacing of the grid letters and numbers is off. By the time you get to P the letters have skipped an entire column. I can't find a mention of this problem anywhere else. Am I the first to notice this problem?

Is BlueBrick still being maintained/fixed?

[Edit] Have since figured out that it's not setting the grid to 32 that's the problem, it's when you set the grid to 32 and leave the sub-divisions at 3, even when you turn them off. Apparently the fact that 32 doesn't divide into 3 causes Bluebrick to mess up drawing the grid.

4 hours ago, Duq said:

...Have since figured out that it's not setting the grid to 32 that's the problem, it's when you set the grid to 32 and leave the sub-divisions at 3, even when you turn them off. Apparently the fact that 32 doesn't divide into 3 causes Bluebrick to mess up drawing the grid.

Ha! I never thought of that before and your logic makes perfect sense. Indeed 32 doesn't divide into 3!

I always figured that it was a software limitation with BB and I just lived with items not lining up properly.

I now have to go play with BB and see if I can update my layout designs,

Thanks for the tip!

Hello,

Yes, I still maintain Bluebrick. I will have a look to see why the subdivision impact this, when you disable the subdivision.

Thanks for reporting the issue.

Yours.

Hey, it's good to know it's still being looked after. What's the best way to contact you with questions, issues and feature requests?