Davey

Bluebrick Layout Software

And here it is...

10192-Maersk Container Train:

10219.set1.gif

10219.set2.gif

10219.set3.gif

As with most of the other trains I have made seperate GIFs for the wagons and everything is downloadable from the parts tracker. More GIFS will follow next weekend.

Thanks again to Stu83 for this one!

Edited by missouri_bb63

Hello all,

this evening I will be posting what will probably be the largest single post of GIFs ever in this thread *oh2* , all of which were contributed by Eurobricks user L@go! I still have to go through them all so in the mean time I will already post my humble contribution for this week. Quite a few more GIFs will follow next weekend, however with so many amazing GIF contributions coming in, I will be taking a step back from this to help Alban with some other aspects of the next release. Everything is available via the parts tracker

2126-Train Cars

2126.set1.gif

2126.set2.gif

2126.set3.gif

2126.set4.gif

3225-Classic Train

3225.set1.gif

3225.set2.gif

3225.set3.gif

3225.set4.gif

4544-Car Transport (will add loading station later)

4544.set.gif

4549-Road 'N Rail Hauler (might add vehicles later)

4549.set.gif

4556-Train Station

4556.set.gif

Edited by missouri_bb63

3661 Bank & Money Transfer:

3661.set.gif

GIF

XML

Wow Frogstudio and Typo, thanks so much for your contributions!!! :cry_happy: Frogstudio, I especially like the fact you considered making an open and closed version of the castle. :thumbup:

Could you both please add any minifigs and vehicles that were included in the original sets? It would be good if the minifigs are actually doing something too. It adds a lot of character to the GIF. Also consider posting your completed LDR files in the dedicated ldraw thread.

Frogstudio, I just sent you a message by PM concerning some additional points. Please reply by PM when you have time.

´

Thanks again to both of you!

Sorry about the delay. I havent really had time to work on these in more detail so here are the LDR files. Four are just the top bricks for Bluebrick purposes and two are mostly complete:

3661 Bank & Money Transfer

4514 Cargo Crane

4557 Freight Loading Station

7642 City Garage

6339 Shuttle Launch Pad

6338 Hurricane Harbor

Edited by typo

Ok everyone, as promised here are L@go's contributions starting with then trains. Everything is available on the BlueBrick parts tracker.

As any of the BlueBrick contributors will be able tell you, just making the GIFs and XMLs for these represents a vast amount of work and I know that L@go was still working on these during the early hours of this morning! So L@go I would like to thank you on behalf of all BlueBrick users for this amazing contribution!! :oh: (speechless)

10016-Tanker

10016.set.gif

10183-Hobby Train Set

10183.set.gif

7810-Locomotive without motor

7810.set.gif

7818-Passenger coach

7818.set.gif

10200-custom car garage

10200.set.gif

1256-shell promotional set: gas pumps

1256.set.gif

1592-Town square

1592.set.gif

3438-McDonalds promotional set

3438.set1.gif

3438.set2.gif

3438.set3.gif

3450-Statue of Liberty sculpture

3450.set.gif

3739-Blacksmith shop

3739.set.gif

4210-Coast guard

4210.set.gif

4886-Buiding Bonanza option 1

4886.set_option_1.gif

4886-Buiding Bonanza option 2

4886.set_option_2.gif

4886-Buiding Bonanza option 3

4886.set_option_3.gif

4956-House option 1

4956.set_option_1.gif

4956-House option 1

4956.set_option_2.gif

4999-Vestas Windmill

4999.set.gif

6349-Holliday Villa

6349.set.gif

6370-Weekend home

6370.set.gif

6373-Motorcycle shop

6373.set.gif

6409-Island Arcade

6409.set.gif

6414-Dolphin Point

6414.set.gif

6419-Rolling Acres Ranch

6419.set.gif

6540-Pier Police

6540.set.gif

6543-Sail n' Fly Marina

6543.set.gif

6552-Rocky River

6552.set.gif

6598-Metro PD Station

6598.set.gif

7035-Police HQ

7035.set.gif

Edited by missouri_bb63

I'll take my hat off and give a standing ovation !!! :thumbup:

Thanks L@go's, Missouri, Frogstudio and Typo . :classic:

Oops ... and Stu83 :blush:

Edited by FreeBee

Glad to be able to help. The files aren't doing any good just stored on my computer, anyway :)

Sorry about the delay. I havent really had time to work on these in more detail so here are the LDR files. Four are just the top bricks for Bluebrick purposes and two are mostly complete:

Thanks Typo. I should be able to work on these tomorrow. I would also like to point out that FrogStudio will be completing his GIFs as soon as possible.

I would like to apologize to Rumpelmuck as it appears I missed a whole load of GIFs that he had posted last year and because of this L@go and I have re-done a few sets that he had already made. :sad:

His work mainly covered all the pre-80s classic sets. I have now uploaded everything to the town and train categories in the parts tracker. If anyone else sees that their work has not been uploaded (with the exception of the most recent postings) please let me know!

Hi everybody.

I'm still working hard on the new release. I think I have almost finished the grouping/ungrouping parts feature (this feature was needed for the flex track). The last sprint is to finish the flex feature, and then we will enter into a phase where we will:

- testing/debugging the application (specially after the add of the group feature that may have introduce bugs)

- update the documentation

- update the translation (I will send the new localization kit to the BlueBrick Translators soon). I lost my Italian translator, if you can speak Italian, please contact me!! The French translator also need help. *oh2*

Thanks for your patience. :classic:

I got the alpha version of the software today so I can start updating the help file with the new features. The short circuit warning is fantastic! As there is much work to do with the Help file, and parts library (and if I have time the video tutorials), I won't be making any GIFs until the new release is out.

As always these sets listed below are already on the parts tracker (town and track categories)

Here is a great contribution from flickr user q159 which I couldn't leave lying around.

10196-Grand Carousel

10196.set.gif

...and one last one from me. As I always used to prefer this regulator setup on my 12V control instead of the dial, I couldn't resist making the GIF today.

7864-Electric, Train 220V - 12V Transformer

7864_regulator.7.gif

"Buona notte!" from Mirandola in Italy

Edited by missouri_bb63

L@go kicked the GIF factory into overdrive last week and made the following sets available for everyone. As always, they are available on the parts tracker. This weekend I will finally have time to work on some things for the next BlueBrick release and I will upload some revised versions of Typo's GIFs as well. Watch this space!

10181-Eiffel Tower

10181.set.gif

5766-Log Cabin option 1

5766.set_option_1.gif

5766-Log Cabin option 2

5766.set_option_2.gif

5766-Log Cabin option 3

5766.set_option_3.gif

5770-Lighthouse Island option 2

5770.set_option_2.gif

5770-Lighthouse Island option 3

5770.set_option_3.gif

6754-Family Home option 1

6754.set_option_1.gif

6754-Family Home option 2

6754.set_option_2.gif

6754-Family Home option 3

6754.set_option_3.gif

Edited by missouri_bb63

Is there an option to enter the dimensions of the available space into the software so you it automatically checks at every step whether you stay within the limits?

Is there an option to enter the dimensions of the available space into the software so you it automatically checks at every step whether you stay within the limits?

Hi Sokratesz,

no there is no function of this type at the moment. Generally one would make a GIF that would outline the space you have available(similar to a table GIF), and stay within the boundaries of that.

I have sent a note to Alban concerning your point though as serveral people have been looking for an easier way to enter the dimensions of a room or other space restriction into BlueBrick without the use of a GIF file.

Watch this space!

Edited by missouri_bb63

Hi Sokratesz,

no there is no function of this type at the moment. Generally one would make a GIF that would outline the space you have available(similar to a table GIF), and stay within the boundaries of that.

I have sent a note to Alban concerning your point though as serveral people have been looking for an easier way to enter the dimensions of a room or other space restriction into BlueBrick without the use of a GIF file.

Watch this space!

Yes, it seems that it is a common wanted feature. I planned to add in the 1.8 version (so not in the next release but the release after) a new type of layer to handle these kind of measurement needs. You can expect to see some rulers and connected rulers (connected to some parts, such as when you move a part, the ruler expand).

But from now, appart from creating a gif, you can also go to the menu "View > General Information", and you will see the dimensions of your current layout.

Some news about the 1.7 version: I have my first working version of the flex track. This is still quite buggy, but I think I've finished the most difficult part. Thanks for your patience. The way I chose for the user interface is finaly quite simple: you just need to select the track section you want to move and then double-click on the track you want to drag. If the track section contains some flex track, then it will move.

Moreover, the implementation is data-driven, meaning that this system could be reused for sets that have a hinge-brick: you will be able to place your set with the angle you like between the two parts.

My first time playing with Bluebrick today and I thought I'd try making an XML file for a set I own that didn't have one, so I've done Kings Castle.

Thanks to frogstudio who did the GIF and here's my XML

Hope I've done this right, it seems OK as far as I can tell

D

Im not very good at making GIF LEGO images :blush: , so, could I ask a favour of someone to create these sets?

• 7939 Cargo Train
  • 7938 Passenger Train
  • 7994 City Harbour

Thanks, LMC :wink:

Im not very good at making GIF LEGO images :blush: , so, could I ask a favour of someone to create these sets?

• 7939 Cargo Train
  • 7938 Passenger Train
  • 7994 City Harbour

Thanks, LMC :wink:

Hi Lego Man Can, it is nice to see you got BlueBrick to work and didn't have to switch to an alternative software. I might have a chance to make those GIFs for you in a couple of weeks time. In the mean time I hope someone else can make them for you.

I have modified a few of Typos recent GIFs and uploaded them to the parts tracker (looks like the technicians on the launch pad might be violating some safety regulations :wink:):

6338-Hurricane Harbor:

6338.set.gif

6339-Shuttle Launch Pad:

6339.set.gif

On another note, it appears like we are in need of some more translators for Dutch and French (and perhaps German). Unfortunately I don't have time to work on the Dutch translation (my written is pretty poor anyway), and Alban understandably wants to focus on the programming instead of doing French translations.

Please let us know if you would like to assist. Thanks!

Hi Lego Man Can, it is nice to see you got BlueBrick to work and didn't have to switch to an alternative software. I might have a chance to make those GIFs for you in a couple of weeks time. In the mean time I hope someone else can make them for you.

I have modified a few of Typos recent GIFs and uploaded them to the parts tracker (looks like the technicians on the launch pad might be violating some safety regulations :wink:):

6338-Hurricane Harbor:

6338.set.gif

6339-Shuttle Launch Pad:

6339.set.gif

On another note, it appears like we are in need of some more translators for Dutch and French (and perhaps German). Unfortunately I don't have time to work on the Dutch translation (my written is pretty poor anyway), and Alban understandably wants to focus on the programming instead of doing French translations.

Please let us know if you would like to assist. Thanks!

Thanks for your help! And im looking forward to those GIFs! :laugh:

I was having a go at making a Monorail layout, but struggling a bit to get odd connections (point->point, small curve->small curve) to line up. Had a poke around in the XML files, and it appears the point geometry's wrong.

The XML files are written on the assumption that the 45-degree connections lie at 45-degree point on a 28-stud circle (and hence have non-whole-stud positions) but they don't. The 3 connections on the points should be at (0,0), (32,0) and (20,8) studs. (This makes monorail layout a lot easier than normal track layout).

I've twiddled the XML files to correct this, and they all connect properly now. Unfortunately, the GIFs don't line up at all well, so it doesn't look pretty - they weren't brilliant before, and now they're even worse. They need their drawings corrected, and I don't fancy attempting that. I think it would help if all the track GIFs were a whole number of studs in size (multiple of 8 pixels). I have a feeling part of the problem is that the program's maths get some rounding errors when dealing with odd-sized GIFs, and the resulting ".5625" stuff in the XML.

Example for 2889.7.xml (with current GIF):

<ConnexionList>
	<!-- the center of this part in stud is x = 256 pix / 8 pixperstud / 2 = 16	and	y = 105 / 8 / 2 = 6.5625 -->
	<connexion>
		<!-- type of connexion (0=none, 1=rail, 2=road, 3=monorail standard, 4=monorail short curve) -->
		<type>3</type>
		<position>
			<x>-16</x>
			<y>-2.5625</y>
		</position>
		<angle>180</angle>
		<angleToPrev>135</angleToPrev> <!-- how much angle between this connection and the prev one in this circular list -->
		<angleToNext>180</angleToNext> <!-- how much angle between this connection and the next one in this circular list -->			
		<nextConnexionPreference>2</nextConnexionPreference> <!-- index (0-based) in that list for connecting the next part -->
	</connexion>
	<connexion>
		<!-- type of connexion (0=none, 1=rail, 2=road, 3=monorail standard, 4=monorail short curve) -->
		<type>3</type>
		<position>
			<x>16</x>
			<y>-2.5625</y>
		</position>
		<angle>0</angle>
		<angleToPrev>180</angleToPrev> <!-- how much angle between this connection and the prev one in this circular list -->
		<angleToNext>45</angleToNext> <!-- how much angle between this connection and the next one in this circular list -->			
		<nextConnexionPreference>0</nextConnexionPreference> <!-- index (0-based) in that list for connecting the next part -->
	</connexion>
	<connexion>
		<type>4</type>
		<position>
			<x>4</x>	<!-- x = pos1x + 20 -->
			<y>5.4375</y>	<!-- y = pos1y + 8 -->
		</position>
		<angle>45</angle>
		<angleToPrev>45</angleToPrev> <!-- how much angle between this connection and the prev one in this circular list -->
		<angleToNext>135</angleToNext> <!-- how much angle between this connection and the next one in this circular list -->			
		<nextConnexionPreference>0</nextConnexionPreference> <!-- index (0-based) in that list for connecting the next part -->
	</connexion>
</ConnexionList>

I was having a go at making a Monorail layout, but struggling a bit to get odd connections (point->point, small curve->small curve) to line up. Had a poke around in the XML files, and it appears the point geometry's wrong.

The XML files are written on the assumption that the 45-degree connections lie at 45-degree point on a 28-stud circle (and hence have non-whole-stud positions) but they don't. The 3 connections on the points should be at (0,0), (32,0) and (20,8) studs. (This makes monorail layout a lot easier than normal track layout).

I've twiddled the XML files to correct this, and they all connect properly now. Unfortunately, the GIFs don't line up at all well, so it doesn't look pretty - they weren't brilliant before, and now they're even worse. They need their drawings corrected, and I don't fancy attempting that. I think it would help if all the track GIFs were a whole number of studs in size (multiple of 8 pixels). I have a feeling part of the problem is that the program's maths get some rounding errors when dealing with odd-sized GIFs, and the resulting ".5625" stuff in the XML.

Thanks for this information. I didn't get any monorail :blush: at the time I did the parts, neither were the LDRAW files done. We will try to fix it for the next release.

If there are plans for a swedish translation, let me know, as I think I can help out with that.

Hi Merkurius,

Thanks for proposing you to translate BlueBrick in Swedish.

I tried to contact you by private message, but it didn't work. Please tell me your email address in private message and I will send you an excel file containing all the texts to translate.

Thanks in advance.

Some news about the next release. I've sent yesterday the localization kit to all the BlueBrick translators, which means we are not so far from the release.

I've almost finished the edition of the flex track (the last feature to be included into the 1.7 version): I still need to check if I can improve the snapping of a flex move.

We are now entering in the test and debuging phase. Stay tuned! :classic:

Hi Merkurius,

Thanks for proposing you to translate BlueBrick in Swedish.

I tried to contact you by private message, but it didn't work. Please tell me your email address in private message and I will send you an excel file containing all the texts to translate.

Thanks in advance.

Some news about the next release. I've sent yesterday the localization kit to all the BlueBrick translators, which means we are not so far from the release.

I've almost finished the edition of the flex track (the last feature to be included into the 1.7 version): I still need to check if I can improve the snapping of a flex move.

We are now entering in the test and debuging phase. Stay tuned! :classic:

Hi Merkurius, I just noticed you have only made 5 posts so far which is why your PM is not working yet (you need a minimum of 10 posts). Please send Alban an e-mail to the address mentioned on the BlueBrick website if you want to get in touch. Many thanks also to users L@go and Sokratesz for offering their translation services.

If any of you have noticed any further issues with GIFs or XMLs please let me know (I am currently looking into the issue KMO posted earlier) Thanks!

Edited by missouri_bb63