Davey

Bluebrick Layout Software

flex track will be a very welcome addition! especially now that I'm planning my new layout and I have some trouble connecting some rails. I think it would be good enough (imho) to have it in its 2 configurations (straight or curved) instead of a really flex one!

thank you for your great software!

have a nice lego day

mrBlue

Hi to all!!!!

I'm currently working on a modular layout that integrates City, Castle and other themes and which will allow me to re-arrange the tables in order to create different layouts for each theme. I was wondering if someone could make images for the following sets:

4644 - Marina

4645 - Harbor

7994 - City Harbor

5570 - Lighthouse Island

3661 - Bank & Money Transfer

7237 - Police Station

7739 - Coast Guard Patrol Boat & Tower

10199 - Winter Toy Shop

10216 - Winter Village Bakery

10217 - Diagon Alley

10218 - Pet Shop

7189 - Mill Village Raid

6086 - Black Knight's Castle

6081 - King's Mountain Fortress

6079 - Dark Forest Fortress

6048 - Majisto's Magical Workshop

6020 - Magic Shop

6034 - Black Monarch's Ghost

6066 - Camouflaged Outpost

6071 - Forestmen's Crossing

6080 - King's Castle

6067 - Guarded Inn

6040 - Blacksmith Shop

6041 - Armor Shop

1590 - Ghostly Hideout

6075 - Wolfpack Tower

I know its a HUGE list, but, if someone could do at least some of the I would be grateful and I'm pretty sure other users will also be really happy. Cheers, and many thanks in advance!!!!

Edited by frogstudio

- NEW FEATURE (Alban): The connection points are now configurable and extendable in an XML file

Hello Alban,

I am especially looking forward to the configurable connection points. This would make BB very useful for the Moonbase planning. Right now I draw the modules using the "Train" connection point to mark corridors, but making configurable ones is great as we can distiguish between the height of the corridor connections. i.e. 40, 41, 42, 43 where the first digit from the right defines the height.

Hope you like what's comming... :classic:

oh, yes!

Thanks for this great program, it helps me a lot planning my future layout!

Might I make one feature suggestion/request: transparency settings for brick layers. This could help visualizing multi-level layouts, such as tracks in a tunnel shining through the semi-transparent baseplates/roads/etc. above.

Hi there!

back again, one mor new set.

7936 Level Crossing

7936.set1.gif

GIF XML

Any comments are welcome

cu

Rumpelmuck

Oh awesome! Thanks for the update! I was after a couple of those!

Thanks for this great program, it helps me a lot planning my future layout!

Might I make one feature suggestion/request: transparency settings for brick layers. This could help visualizing multi-level layouts, such as tracks in a tunnel shining through the semi-transparent baseplates/roads/etc. above.

Oh!!! That's a great idea! :sweet:

It might not be difficult to do add.

I've finished the export setting save, I'm now currently working on the flex feature, the last feature before the 1.7 version release.

Stay tuned!

I've finished the export setting save, I'm now currently working on the flex feature, the last feature before the 1.7 version release.

Stay tuned!

You make me smile with all those great work of you. Thanx Alban.

I also have a question:

Can I use BB to make picture of every bbm-file in a directory.

Or maybe a quick-save (like i press F7 and it save a jpg with the bbm-filename).

Once again I'd just like to say how much I enjoy using this software.

Thanks. :classic::thumbup:

Hello, I have just two requests for sets:

6543 Sail 'n' Fly Marina

1854 Velux House with Windows

Those are the last two sets without images in my town, and positioning 6543 has been particularly troublesome. Thanks!

You make me smile with all those great work of you. Thanx Alban.

I also have a question:

Can I use BB to make picture of every bbm-file in a directory.

Or maybe a quick-save (like i press F7 and it save a jpg with the bbm-filename).

Currently no, there's no way to launch BB in a batch mode to export several BBM file in the same folder.

But since in the 1.7 version I now save the export settings in the BBM file, it becomes much easier to implement this feature.

However, I'm not very excited by implementing it... please do not count too much on it :hmpf_bad:

Oh!!! That's a great idea! :sweet:

It might not be difficult to do add.

Stay tuned!

I've finished the transparency for all the layers. So this feature will be also in version 1.7. :sweet:

Hi to all!!!!

I'm currently working on a modular layout that integrates City, Castle and other themes and which will allow me to re-arrange the tables in order to create different layouts for each theme. I was wondering if someone could make images for the following sets:

I know its a HUGE list, but, if someone could do at least some of the I would be grateful and I'm pretty sure other users will also be really happy. Cheers, and many thanks in advance!!!!

Hello all, sorry I have not posted any updates here for so long however due to work commitments I simply no longer have the time to contribute (adding all the days together I have been home 3 weeks so far this year...and that won't improve until September). Hopefully things will ease up during the second half of the year.

Frogstudio, it really would be best if you could contribute some of the images yourself. Unfortunately we are very low on contributors at the moment, so it is really great to see that Rumpelmuck is back. :classic: MLCAD is not difficult to install or use and I really would ask anyone who is using that software to help contribute or post their LDR files in the dedicated Eurobricks thread so that a BlueBrick contributor can make the necessary GIFS. Please spread the word!!

Section8, the "sail and fly marina" is on my list too as it is also one of the last GIFs missing from my layout. If I have the time I will start working on it.

Right, 1AM local time... time for bed. Thanks everyone for sharing all those positive reactions concerning this software! I will contribute again as soon as I can.

Edited by missouri_bb63

I can't believe it. All the positive comments and the activity in this thread (that I have missed out on over the past months), had me thinking of Lego most of the day. :classic:

I started sorting out my GIFs and XMLs as soon as I got back to the hotel (I am well behind with the XMLs), and I think there are quite a few GIFs that are in progress and I never finished/uploaded(unfortunately none of them are on the recent lists of request). I finished this one this evening. I won't be posting anything more until the weekend though (and those posts will probably only be the long overdue XMLs) :wacko: .

6379.gif

6379 Riding Stable: GIF

Edited by missouri_bb63

Hello, I have just two requests for sets:

6543 Sail 'n' Fly Marina

1854 Velux House with Windows

Those are the last two sets without images in my town, and positioning 6543 has been particularly troublesome. Thanks!

Hi Section8. Once I saw how small set 1854-VELUX Promotional Set: House was, I went ahead and made it for you. You can get the GIF and XML on the Bluebrick parts tracker page. I hope you like it. Looks like the girl has just got a letter and there seems to be a reason to celebrate (perhaps it is the fact that I am making GIFs again) :wink:

1854.set.gif

I have also uploaded set 6387-Coastal Rescue Base which I realized I had never uploaded...

6387.set.gif

and the 6395-Victory Lap Raceway for which the LDR file was donated by Jerome Boulanger. Unfortunately I am having problems uploading the XML for that one, but will do so ASAP.

6395.set.gif

Edited by missouri_bb63

Based on my post from a while back, Eurobricks user Stu83 has started making some great ldraw files!

I have made a GIF and corresponding XML of his first creation. You can download them from the train category in the BlueBrick parts tracker.

7937-Train Station

7937.set.gif

He has also posted an ldraw file of the Maersk Container Train which I will try to "GIF" by the end of the week. Thanks so much Stu83!!

In the mean time, I have also uploaded all the missing XML files for the trains to the BlueBrick parts tracker.

Edited by missouri_bb63

Hi Section8. Once I saw how small set 1854-VELUX Promotional Set: House was, I went ahead and made it for you.

I have also uploaded set 6387-Coastal Rescue Base which I realized I had never uploaded...

Thanks, the 1854 set looks great! I also like your updated 6387, which appears in my town too. I like when the images have minifigs and vehicles displayed.

Hi BlueBrick users,

I have a question: currently the selection or the change of the selection set is not an UNDOABLE Action, because at first I estimate that a selection change do not modify the layout. I have the feeling now, that it should be an undoable Action: for example if you pick carefully a group of brick and by mistake you click elsewhere which clear you selection. In that case you may want to do an undo to find back your careful selection...

What do you think? Do you think the selection should be an undoable/redoable action?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Interesting question, thanks for asking. As far as I can tell, object selection usually isn't undoable elsewhere either, so I didn't really miss it nor would I expect it. :) It might be a little confusing at first, but of course it may come in handy as you described.

Typically the best idea is to make it optional, so everyone can set it the way they like; otherwise there's always someone who will complain, as every software developer's experience tells... And maybe do NOT add a selection to the undo list if only one object was selected. (Or would that add another little confusion?)

That's a great idea, Alban. I've experienced the situation you describe several times, so it would be helpful if accidentally deselecting a group of parts was undoable. A good example of software that lets you undo or redo a selection is Adobe Photoshop.

In general, I believe making features optional should be done very carefully as they may add confusion for the user, and add complexity for the developer when doing future updates. I vote to add the feature and have it always on, regardless if you (de)select one part or more. Hope this helps, and thanks for your continued work on BlueBrick.

Ok... After some hard work (and after understanding how to model in MLCad), I've done some Castle sets for those who wish to integrate Castle with Town. I've also done the new Creator lighthouse. In the near future, I'll be doing some more Castle sets. Also, if someone could share with me the new Harbor and Marina sets instructions, I'll gladly do them (they aren't in Lego's site yet). Cheers and hope you lik them!!!!

5770-creator_lighthouse.gif

6075-wolfpack_tower.gif

6086-black_knights_castle.gif

6080-kings_castle-opened.gif

6080-kings_castle.gif

1596-ghostly_hideout.gif

6020-magistos_magical_shop.gif

6024-bandit_ambush.gif

6034-black_monarchs_ghost.gif

6041-armor_shop.gif

6048-magistos_magical_workshop-opened.gif

6048-magistos_magical_workshop.gif

6066-camouflaged_outpost.gif

6054-forestmens_hideout-2.gif

6054-forestmens_hideout.gif

6067-guarded_inn.gif

6071-forestmens_crossing.gif

6079-dark_forest_fortress.gif

Sets I'll be doing in the near future:

• 6073-Knight's Castle
  • 6074-Black Falcon's Fortress
  • 6077-Forestmen's River Fortress
  • 6081-King's Mountain Fortress
  • 6082-Fire Breathing Fortress

Yes, I although thought of Photoshop for the undoable selection.

I will consider it carefully after getting more feedback from users. Also this will imply quite a lot of code refactoring, so it could not be implemented before 1.8 or 1.9 version.

Another good news for you: due to the implementation of the last feature of 1.7 (the flex track), I had to implement another feature needed for the flex track: the grouping feature. So you will have a hierarchical grouping feature for parts and texts in the 1.7 version. :sweet:

Wow Frogstudio and Typo, thanks so much for your contributions!!! :cry_happy: Frogstudio, I especially like the fact you considered making an open and closed version of the castle. :thumbup:

Could you both please add any minifigs and vehicles that were included in the original sets? It would be good if the minifigs are actually doing something too. It adds a lot of character to the GIF. Also consider posting your completed LDR files in the dedicated ldraw thread.

Frogstudio, I just sent you a message by PM concerning some additional points. Please reply by PM when you have time.

´

Thanks again to both of you!

Doing a bit of a night shift today to bring you some long overdue GIFs for which the LDRs were contributed by fellow Eurobrick members. No direct links. You can download them from the parts tracker

User L@go has provided us with...

10194 Emerald Night: I made the wagon seperate as I have seen many users have multiple wagons!

10194.set1.gif

10194.set2.gif

User Stu83 has provided us with...

7938-Passenger Train (station and light)

7938.set2.gif

7939-Cargo Train (crane)

7939.set2.gif

and I hope to post his Maersk train soon as soon as I have resolved the issues with the LDR.

Thanks again to both of you!

Edited by missouri_bb63