Sign in to follow this  
Henning Birkeland

Big legoman

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

The summer is here and it's raining. I have used the couple of last days to build this legoman. I have used my 3D software Maya to visualise the model on the computer first so had some reference to how to place the bricks. The model is approx. 60 cm high. Almost all my blue, red and beige bricks went to this.

Hope you like it :)

legomanvideo.gif

legomann.jpg

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

Great job! It's absolutely perfect! Do you work as a master builder? If not, you should definitely try out! I love the shoelaces and buttons! Great job on the whole thing!

Edited by Darth Legolas

Really a nicely brick-sculptured man.

I suppose you made it as hollow as possible.

Rather excellent! Was this a first attempt at a model like this? In any case, kudos! ^_^

Reminds me of Fred Rogers of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. :classic:

Thanks for the feedback. It's my first larger model so I'm pretty pleased with it. It's hollow all the way. Nope I'm not a master builder, but I really like to be but the Lego community in Norway is so small. Yeah I like the shoelaces too, it's 4 antennas pointing to the center :)

Edited by Henning Birkeland

I have used my 3D software Maya to visualise the model on the computer first so had some reference to how to place the bricks.

That's pretty cool because the LEGO designers use the same software top construct their large display pieces.

Nicely done! I love the scale altough the head seems out of place since the rest of the body is so "brickish", and the head itself has a cleanner design.

"

By using Maya do you mean you modeled the figure first? I confess I would like to see the result altough I can't really think of a way of that helping you build this thing!

Because I also work with Maya and I would like to know how you did it. Maybe I could try to do the same some time :classic:

Reminds me of Fred Rogers of Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. :classic:

I thought the exact same thing. It must be the cardigan....

Great job on this one. Was your rubber ducky in Brothers-Brick or Brick Journal? I'm quite certain I've seen it before.