Sign in to follow this  
marnicq

My first MOC ever, a castle creation

indexed.gif

Here's my first MOC ever:

3703676523_4c0ffa00d7.jpg

I hope you like it...

It's meant to be a trading post in the middle of a sea/lake, I'm not gonna make up the rest of a background story, make up your own, use your fantasy. (:

(It's also meant to be fantasy-like so I'm wondering whether it's posted correctly in the historical section)

More to be found here (flickr): http://www.flickr.com/photos/37973179@N07/

Thanks for watching + I do accept criticism, I like to improve myself.

Wow, that's really great! I like all the strange fantasy stuff going on there. And you've used many great techniques in it as well, which makes it even more interesting to look that. So well done! :thumbup:

However, I seriously doubt this is the first thing you've ever built with LEGO. :laugh: Maybe you meant this is the first MOC you've shown us here?

Wow, that's really great! I like all the strange fantasy stuff going on there. And you've used many great techniques in it as well, which makes it even more interesting to look that. So well done! :thumbup:

However, I seriously doubt this is the first thing you've ever built with LEGO. :laugh: Maybe you meant this is the first MOC you've shown us here?

I've obviously been building before, but only tablescraps and unfinished works this is my first completed MOC ever. (:

Thank you!

It's got a real trippy kind of feel to it. I like it. It is very interesting to look at. Two questions: Why does the top lean and what did you use as the decoration above the main archwat at the bottom. Very nice MOC. :thumbup:

It's got a real trippy kind of feel to it. I like it. It is very interesting to look at. Two questions: Why does the top lean and what did you use as the decoration above the main archwat at the bottom. Very nice MOC. :thumbup:

The top leans forward to give it more of a fantasy feel, and it first was meant to be ministry building (still fantasy-like) symbolising "we're watching over you" I cancelled that idea tho...

The arch is decorated with hinge pieces like: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=44302

Edited by marnicq

The top leans forward to give it more of a fantasy feel, and it first was meant to be ministry building (still fantasy-like) symbolising "we're watching over you" I cancelled that idea tho...

The arch is decorated with hinge pieces like: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=44302

I figured it was something like that. Well it (the lean) really grabs your attention and kinda of gives a distortion effect to the overall appearance. Pretty neat. Good idea to use that hinge I couldn't quite make it out in any of the photos so thanks it was bugging me not knowing. :pir-wink:

I figured it was something like that. Well it (the lean) really grabs your attention and kinda of gives a distortion effect to the overall appearance. Pretty neat. Good idea to use that hinge I couldn't quite make it out in any of the photos so thanks it was bugging me not knowing. :pir-wink:

You're welcome. I found that it gave a quite nice effect, especially since the bow is a little bit inwards, so the hinge plates won't be sticking out all that much anymore as I seemed to have found a problem in some of my tablescraps. (:

For a first MOC this is really nice and creative.

Whilst I am not really a fan of red highlights on a grey castle, this works quite well. The Imperial guards look like monks of a secretive order floating on a misty lake hidden from normal folk. Well done on a creative tower too, the curving part is still not quite doing it for me, but the detailing on the rest of the tower looks great. Nice work on the alligator too.

:thumbup:

For a first MOC this is really nice and creative.

Whilst I am not really a fan of red highlights on a grey castle, this works quite well. The Imperial guards look like monks of a secretive order floating on a misty lake hidden from normal folk. Well done on a creative tower too, the curving part is still not quite doing it for me, but the detailing on the rest of the tower looks great. Nice work on the alligator too.

:thumbup:

Thanks, glad you made up a little bit of your own background history on this. (:

The curved bit of the tower actually was the thing that started me building (haha) the rest is all built around it.

It kinda started out with some tablescrap trying to make some curves. (: