Selander

MOC: TEE German Express Train

traintech1.jpg

My version of the famous German express train "Rhein Gold" TEE, with a BR class 103 engine.

In tan-red colour scheme, with advanced SNOT technices on the sides, note the 1 plate (1 tile)

thickness in both directions between the light bluish gray bricks with grille.

I used the speed racer windscreen, which I think fits nicely to this smoothly shaped engine.

When Emerald night came I made some corresponding waggons in tan-red as well, since

tan windows became available on Bricklink.

2_german_tee_br103.jpg

Pls let me have your comments !

More pictures on brickshelf: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=269364

My excuses to German readers if my terminology is not 100% accurate...I am from Sweden.....

Edited by TheBrickster

wow.... :oh3: . if I had all my lego peices i could make one maybe. but most are occupied for now becuase of a lego city buildings. but hey. keep up the great work. :thumbup:

Very well done, Selander!

I recall those older trains. Your MOC is a great copy of it.

I´m impressed about the complete layout of yours. :oh: Is it all placed in your lair?

Or did you make photos on an exhibition?

And I would like to know what the white/brown TEE is. Is that the colour of the train in your place?

Looking at your collection, you like to alter the colours of your engine, don´t you? Nice amount of cars.

Thx for sharing.

My excuses to German readers if my terminology is not 100% accurate...I am from Sweden.....

Nothing to worry about. Everything is fine. :classic:

Very well done, Selander!

I recall those older trains. Your MOC is a great copy of it.

I´m impressed about the complete layout of yours. :oh: Is it all placed in your lair?

Or did you make photos on an exhibition?

And I would like to know what the white/brown TEE is. Is that the colour of the train in your place?

Looking at your collection, you like to alter the colours of your engine, don´t you? Nice amount of cars.

Picture is taken in my home, bur I normally just make small sceanarios for photographing,

so I don't have a large layout.

The wite-brow engine, is a design by James Mathis, namely a German BR class 111, which

in james version is white-orange, which in fact was a colour scheme that existed in real life.

Mine got a white-brown colour, but is otherwise a quite correct copy to James model.

And, yes I enjoy building several similar (or rather exact) designs but with different colours.

I started with making copies of locomotives like 4564, and 4565. Later I discovered 10183

and made 3 different colours of the design I enjoyed mostly - which also happen to be a

James Mathis design as it turned out.

Lately I have tried to focus on making 6-wide replicas of locomotives from Sweden, like

the famous RC-series and the older DA. Also, as in this post mu own MOC of BR 103.

I am glad you enjoyed my models :-)

Wow! It's not often that we get european electric train MOCS here. You have a nice balance of SNOT and traditional building techniques. I really like the more muted color schemes you have gone with for these trains. I'm not well acquainted with the official color schemes, but it does give them a "vintage" vibe.

Wow! It's not often that we get european electric train MOCS here. You have a nice balance of SNOT and traditional building techniques. I really like the more muted color schemes you have gone with for these trains. I'm not well acquainted with the official color schemes, but it does give them a "vintage" vibe.

Regarding the tan-red BR 103 engine, my colour scheme is rather exact to what it was in "real life".

The white-brown BR 111 engine, existed in a similar but white-orange colour scheme (among several other colour schemes).

Thanks for positive comments :cry_happy:

I intend to also upload pictures of my Swedish locomotives, from "SJ" =Swedish state railways, so you will have a chance to see

even more european electric train MOCS :tongue:

Thats a really beautyfull design. Lots of little snot techniques in there to give it just that little more accuracy. :wub:

Really love the use of that wind screen. It's the first time I've seen it used for this purpose and it looks fantastic. :thumbup:

I might copy that windscreen idea in the future. :wink:

Thanks for sharing.

Kind regards,

Teddy

I added a few more pictures of my locomotive.

I think its easier to see all SNOT technics I applied on those pictures.

Hope you enjoy :tongue:

2_german_tee_br103.jpg

3_german_tee_br103.jpg

Phew!

I´m so relieved you made this MOC before the train competition started. :tongue::wink:

This is for sure a no. 1 MOC.

Absolutely great work!

When browsing some of the recent posts, I noticed that a member of Danish Byggepladen has made a

BR 103 locomotive very similar to my design. It was apparantly displayed recently during Klodsfest 2010.

It was so nice to see someone appreciating my MOC :tongue:

Except, I think the Danish builder made a design better looking than mine :thumbup:

P4183030.JPG

Both are AWESOME 'Selander', actually had a hard time telling them a part ! :wink:

Yours is a fantastic design, so I'm a conformist! 'Selander' I'm a conformist!....... always ! :sweet:

I have to agree with LT's comments above. I like both versions. The red and tan look good together. I've always been a fan of these types of German locomotives. I played with the HO versions as a kid. In fact, I still have this one:

hoscaleengine.jpg

Nice! :thumbup:

When browsing some of the recent posts, I noticed that a member of Danish Byggepladen has made a

BR 103 locomotive very similar to my design. It was apparantly displayed recently during Klodsfest 2010.

It was so nice to see someone appreciating my MOC :tongue:

Except, I think the Danish builder made a design better looking than mine :thumbup:

Hi Selander,

I agree the Klodfest design is better, but only because it has an accurate number of vents on the side, otherwise it looks the same as your design. I've always been a fan of this train, and plan to build it in 7 wide in the future, after I've finished some other projects.

Hi Selander,

I agree the Klodfest design is better, but only because it has an accurate number of vents on the side, otherwise it looks the same as your design.

Agree, it should by 5 vents on the side as the original prototype has, but I wanted to limit the overall lenght.

My version is approx 32 studs long, so Klodsfest version must be approx 36studs.....